Chapter 02

I Do Not Want A Weak Man

Minho's Pov

Was I dreaming? Or was everything real? I wasn't sure, I couldn't make it out yet. A calm, sweet and angelic voice took my attention. I was searching we're the voice was coming from. 'Minho.' 'Who, who is that?' The voice, it... it sounded like Kibum. 'Minho.' I looked in the direction of the voice but I couldn't find him. 'Minho, Minho-yah you need to wake up, or else you'll miss school.' I woke up from my dream, apparently I have fallen asleep on Kibum's couch. Oh, he covered me with a blanket. I felt happy. 'Kibum?' I said half asleep. 'You need to hurry home, you'll miss school.' I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock, 8 AM. 'I'm not going to school.' Kibum's face showed a mixture of surprise and confusion. 'Wont you get in trouble?' 'I told you yesterday that I would help you.' Kibum's face changed, and not in a good way. He bend over to me and was now 5 cm away from my face. 'Just go to school I can handle that much. He is my son.' 'But...' I stopped talking because he narrowed his eyes. 'Fine I'll go but call me as soon as you need help. Here's my phone number.' I stood up and walked out.

In school I could only think of Kibum. It still bothers me that he has a child. Not that I don't like Yoogeun, he's so cute and I really like him, it's just the fact that the father is unknown. I shot back to reality as someone tapped my shoulder. I looked around and saw Taemin. 'Minho you okay? I've been calling you from afar but you didn't react.' 'Oh sorry Taemin I was just daydreaming.' Taemin nod understanding and bend to my height. 'I wonder where Kibum is. He hasn't been to school for days.' I lifted my eyebrows. 'I don't know.' I lied. 'Okay then. About something else?' 'Yes?' 'Hyung would you like to go out with me sometime?' 'I'm sorry Taemin but I can't.' 'Oh, that's okay.' Taemin sounded disappointed. 'Please show me your pretty smile. Seeing somebody sad makes me sad too.' Luckily Taemin chuckled and smiled again. How I wish to be with Kibum now.

Mir's Pov

I walked past the shops when I saw Kibum. He was caring Yoogeun on his tummy. He walked into a store and I followed him but I kept my distance. 'Kim Kibum is your name?' 'Yes, and I really need this job. I wont be a burden to you.' Kibum said. 'But not with the child right? I can't have that.' The store owner said. 'But I have to take him with me.' 'I said no. The baby will only cause trouble.' 'He wont, I will take full responsibility of him. I need a job, I can't go on this longer. I'm broke, suspended from school and have to take care of my son. Please you won't regret it.' The man started to get angry and annoyed. 'Listen I said no and it stays no! Go find another job.' 'Where? Kibum said desperate. 'You should've have thought about the consequence before getting in bed with someone.' The man walked away, Kibum gave up and was coming this way, I quickly hid myself. Kibum I feel so sorry for him, I should help him. I kept on following him, I was like a stalker, really scary actually. Kibum stopped walking, sat on the ground leaning against a wall. I was close enough to here what he was saying. 'Yoogeun-ah, umma is going to leave you in a better place. With a stable family and good home. I can't take care of you. I hate the one for ruining our lives like this. Maybe I should call Minho?' Did he just say Minho? Why? Tears began to roll from Kibum's eyes and  I couldn't take it anymore. 'Kibum.' He turned his head to me and began wiping his tears. 'What are you doing here.' I could here I was unwanted but I didn't care. 'I saw you cry and I was worried.' He looked surprised. 'There is nothing wrong. I'm fine.' 'Don't lie. You wouldn't cry if you we're fine.' Kibum stood up and looked me at me with fierce eyes. 'Don't bother with me! Your just as annoying as Minho.' I couldn't help but chuckle but I stopped as soon as his eyes showed confusion. 'We just care a lot. You're having a hard time with the baby right?' Kibum sighed and scratched his head but he didn't answer my question. 'If you need a job, I can arrange one for you?' Kibum lifted his eyebrows. 'How do you know I need a job?' I scratched the back of my head and laughed nervously. 'Ha ha I followed you. Sorry.' 'You followed me? Aish forget it, and I don't need you to find a job for me.' Kibum wanted to walk away but I stopped him. 'I'll definitely find you job, okay?' I his cheek and started walking.  

Kibum's Pov

What was that? He just my cheek? Ugh I hate it when someone touches my like that without my permission! 'And why is he so eager to help me? Well at least I don't have to search one myself.' I looked at Yoogeun who made looked at me unhappy. 'Umma, that's a bad thing to say.' 'What? Don't look at me like that. He wants it himself.' Also he just made me feel better.   

It is late in the evening and I was feeding Yoogeun. He really loves formula milk, he already drank 3 bottles, now he was on his fourth. Done feeding Yoogeun I bathe him and put his him pajamas. 'Umma I want to go outside.' Yoogeun kept pulling my shirt. Why was he doing that he started to irritate me. And this time he slapped my cheeks. 'Yoogeun stop doing that! Your so annoying!' I screamed. Yoogeun began to cry. I sighed exaggerated. 'Umma, you're scaring me. I only want to go outside.' I put Yoogeun on the ground, still crying he stood up leaning on the table with his hands. 'Will you stop crying! I'm not going to give you all my attention! Ugh!' I answered my ringing phone. 'Hello?' I said. 'Kibum, it's me Minho, who are things going?' 'Bad, Yoogeun keeps on crying, and being annoying. I don't know how to shut him up.' Yoogeun crawled over to me and pulled my pants. Then he stretched his arms, he wanted me to pick him up. 'Umma, pick me up. I want to be in umma's arms.' 'Okay, keep your head cool, don't yell or scream to him, babies don't like that. I'll be on my way.' Minho hang up. Yoogeun let his arms drop and began crying harder. I gave up and picked him up. 'Okay, don't cry now. Umma wont scream anymore.' I wiped his tears away and comforted him. Yoogeun began to calm down. He pointed to the door and began talking in his baby language. 'Umma, outside, I want to go outside.' I looked from him to the door. 'You want to go outside?' Yoogeun kept pointing towards the door so it mend yes.

I opened the front door and walked outside with Yoogeun in the stroller. At the same time Minho arrived. He got out of his car and approached us. He was smiling bright. 'Hey Kibum, where you going?' 'Apparently Yoogeun wanted to go outside. And talking to you on the phone did help me a little.' 'That's good to hear. Oh let me push the stroller that way you can rest a little.' Yoogeun began to smile seeing Minho's face. They looked cute together, just like father and son. I wasn't aware that I was looking at Minho until he spoke to me. 'Something wrong?' 'No everything is just fine.' Sometimes my life just seemed like a nightmare but now it looks like a dream, because of him. Wait what! Why am I thinking that way, I don't like him and I'm not planning to begin a stupid relationship.

Minho's Pov

Being with Kibum was really nice. 'Yoogeun, promise me you'll take good care of your umma and be good to him, okay.' I bend to Yoogeun and gave him a kiss. 'I will appa, don't worry.' I looked aside at Kibum who was probably shocked by my words. Kibum stopped walking. 'Kibum?' 'I'm going  give him up for adaption. I can't take care of Yoogeun, I can't be his umma. He needs a stable home with a good family, who will love him dear and be great parents.' I was really surprised by his words. I began to feel sad. 'Don't you...'  'Will you help with the papers? I might have a hard time with it.' 'Kibum.' I said sorrowful. I knew that now wasn't the good moment to start an aruge. He must have struggled with the desicion. I grabbed Kibum's hand and pulled him in my embrace. I knew he was crying, crying in my arms. 'If you think this is the best for Yoogeun then I'll help you with it. Like I said I really want to help you Kibum.' He looked in my eyes with tears sliding on his cheek and his face showing a restless expression. 'I'm sorry, I shouldn't be crying. It's stupid really, I always wanted to give him away and now that I have the chance...' Kibum wiped his tears away and loosened himself from my embrace. I removed the hair on his face and kissed his forehead. 'I'm here for you.'

Taemin's Pov

It all must have been just a bad dream. Minho hugging Kibum like that, kissing his forehead and the way he looked at Kibum is the same way I look at him. He's in love with him, I can't believe it. How can he be in love with such a , he always takes away what's from me but he'll never get Minho! There's no way I am going to let that happen. 'Taemin? Where have you been?' Mir said. 'Just for a walk.' At that moment I remembered something. 'Mir, your in love with Kibum right?' 'Yes, why?' 'I saw him with Minho when I was taking a walk. Minho hugged him and kissed his forehead.' I could see Mir tense. 'Stop playing stupid things, this is not funny. I know you don't like Kibum but this is going to far.' 'Have you forgotten I have feelings for Minho? I wasn't happy either seeing that.' 'But why would he...?' Mir stopped talking and looked at me without saying anything. 'Minho is in love with Kibum.' I said. Mir plopped on the couch. He began scratching his whole head. 'But don't worry I'll make sure Minho will only start to spend time with me so that you can have Kibum.' 'No, Taemin that's a bad idea, I can't do such a thing.' 'Then you're not really in love with him. If you want him you should fight for him.' I saw Mir hesitating. 'But Minho is my best friend.' 'No one will get hurt. Kibum doesn't even love anyone, this is your chance to make him fall in love with you. I'm not doing something bad here.' Mir sighed. 'Okay, but don't make me regret it.' I shook my head and smiled.

Mir's Pov

I was waiting for Kibum to go outside. His front door opened and there he was. He was carrying the baby in his portable crib and the baby was crying. 'Hey Kibum.' He flinched backwards. 'What are you doing here?' 'I thought maybe you needed some help.' 'There's no need to Minho is going to help me already.' I felt my heart sank hearing that. But I hoped he wouldn't come. Taemin told me to just go. He told me everything he heard in Minho and Kibum's conversation from yesterday. 'I don't mind, I'll just wait till you leave. Another thing why is he crying?' 'Yoogeun-ah hates being in his portable crib.' 'Can I hold him for a little.' 'Kibum hesitated. 'Minho isn't here yet, please.' Kibum nod and took Yoogeun from his crib handing him over to me. 'He's so adorable. I wish I had such a beautiful baby.' It was strange really, Yoogeun looked like Minho. 'Where are you going to?' Kibum's face dropped. 'Everything okay, you look so tearful all of a sudden.' Kibum sighed heavy. 'I'm going to give Yoogeun up for adaption.' I shock from his words. 'What, why? Isn't he your child. Is it because you can't find a job? And don't have enough money?' 'No, and you don't have search a job for me. it's too hard for me to raise him and I want him to grow up with two loving parents, a stable home and I can't give him those things. He doesn't even have toys. Anyway Minho is taking too long I'm going to pick him up. Give me the baby.' I handed him the baby. 'He loves you. Don't you feel any love for him!' Kibum shock from my sudden bitter reaction. I walked closer to him and was standing so close that I could feel his breath.