Ten: In My Arms

I'm Different

He's revealed :) you must all like Kai a lot or something of devotion in this story ~~ :p short chapter, hope its ok? :)

-------------

A you laid sleeping soundly in a comfortable, fluffy bed made out of a fabric like puffy clouds, he observed you standing by the window that had the outer view of the entire universes and galaxies.

The boy who had brought you to keep and to care you temporarily gave a small sigh and couldn't help but to look at you. A goddess was a goddess, and you, with no exception was extraordinary stunning. Maybe it was your brilliant eyes or those lips of yours, but it surely had caught Kai's attention.

If only you knew.....

Watching you sleep was quite an entertainment - like a circus. You would breath softly, then suddenly snore, flop around like a half-dead fish, kick your blankets around, sleeptalk nonsense, chatter due to the cold, curl up into a ball, and then Kai would have to lay your covers on you again.

Such hard work, just watching you sleep peacefully.

"Funny how I admire her, despite her funny ways of sleeping."

Kai's eyes widened as he realized that he has spoken his thoughts. He sure'y didn't mean to do that, and he was glad that you were still asleep and not fully awake to realize anything - or the fact that all of EXO cares for you so much.

They have the hearts to protect you, guide you, stay by your side, because you were their empress and they were below you. However, despite being true royalty, you were part human, which brought out the humble, human side of a friend. Easy to approach, a bit shy, who would have known that you were to be so mighty and brilliant, shining everywhere as you go.

However, even the best people in the world have their downfalls. You, unfortuntaely, still being a child at heart, had terrible nightmares. Somehow, your mind would swirl and enter a black hole filled with the darkest secrets and ashes from death with red eyes chasing you and monsters laughing at you. You felt so tiny in your dreams, when there was no one to help you, or to lend a hand. It was just you, against the world - their judegement of who you were.

You scrunched your eyebrows as your mind kept going deeper into your nightmare. Werewolves eyeing you for a meal, ghostly whispers traveling with you, chills reaching down your spine, it all seemed so real. That there really were monsters and evil demons that were out to trap you, take you away from your life, and to prison you to take away your happiness, friends, and most importantly: your soul.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh....mmmmph."

In your sleep, you made a soft moan that sounded like a puppy in despair causing Kai to worry. He reached out towards your forehead, to make sure you weren't sick, before grabbing for your hand to give physical comfort.

His fingers wrapped against yours, and his attention span all on you, you suddenly felt safe. Out of the death scenes and murder cases, into reality, and into where you actually were, on a bed sleeping.

During the process, you squeezed his hand unawarely as you felt your emotions twist sideways from shame, anger, sorrow, back to a neutreul state. Who knew that such small touches could help so much to relieve pain and salty tears?

-------------

As you slept in peace again, Kai gave another small smile. He rarely liked to talk nor give an emotion, scared that he would have some bad affect on you. You were so innocent, and he was so ...dirty. Full of knowledge of the world, cases of death, he felt unclean even being near you. 

As he tried to take his hand away from your grasp, he realized that perhaps you may need him, and that he shouldn't let go. Giving a small sigh, he watched your sleep trying to keep you from tangling with the bed sheets are from moving too ferociously. 

"Stay calm, ________. A empress should not act so funny while she has her beauty sleeps."

Unfortunately, you just couldn't sleep. The position just didn't seem right, and no matter how much you moved, someone just had to pin you down to keep you from dancing in your dreams. In your sleep, you sat up then leaned rowards Kai, causing all your being to held up against him.

"Ahhhhhh...empress?"

Somewhere or out of nowhere, you made an "ok" signal with your hands as you buried your head towards the heat which happened to be at Kai's chest. Your head snuggled at his shoulder, and arms tired, both of you fell asleep with his arms wrapped around you.

"Sweet dreams, ________________."

And with that, you gave a confirming, gentle smile before actually dozing off into a deep slumberland without moving. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One down. A few more to go.

How long will you resist before you fall into failure?

Darkness eyes will catch and trap you at your knees begging for your mercy.

The demon shall be reincarnated, and let darkness rule for all.