Chapter Two (You're Lucky You Got Me)

You're Lucky You Got Me.

 

When Jonghoon entered the restaurant, he immediately captured the attention of the customers especially the women. But he doesn’t even care about that and didn’t even pay attention in any of them. In short – he is not interested. In his mind, those women are the kind who’s not satisfied in one man and not ready for a long-term relationship.

Ah, women! Once they saw someone better, they can’t help but look at the guy. Although it’s normal but, for Pete’s sake! They’re on a date!

He said on the back of his mind. But he can’t blame them for he is not in his usual look. He wasn’t in his usual garb of jeans and shirt. Tonight, he was wearing a black business suit that he usually wears when he’s on their family business. When he’s dressed like that, his assets which are his height, nice body built, and his Korean looks emphasizes especially his handsome face with is chinky eyes, cute pointed nose and his taunting red lips. His wavy hair that covered his face looks prim right now. And he’s not wearing his eyeglasses at the moment so that you can see his gorgeous-angelic face well.

Maybe he is not the boastful type of guy because he got the looks, the body and bulging bank accounts but he’s fully aware on how and when he can used the assets he have. .At last, he saw Alexa. While the other women are drooling over him, well, not Alexa because she doesn’t even wondered why most of the women in the restaurant are looking in one direction. For the first time, he doesn’t know if he’ll get happy or mad. Well, not that he wanted her to look at his direction.

He continued to walk to her direction. Lexa was the first who noticed him. And he felt like giving her a smack on her head because Lexa’s staring at him like she just saw an .alien! Damn this girl!

 

Jonghoon: “Good evening,” he greeted formally just like what he always did.

 

Alexa’s chair created a noise when she suddenly stands up from his chair. As if she was really surprised to see him there and saw her with another man.

 

Alexa: “Hunnie! You look… ”

Jonghoon: “Thank you.” Is all he said because her dialogue seems different? “Fancy meeting you here, Lexa. Oh! You’re with someone?! Who is he? Another client? An old acquaintance?”

 

Alexa: “Ahm…” is all she said because she just couldn’t seem to stop staring at him.

 

What is wrong with this woman? Don’t tell me that she doesn’t want to continue this act?(Jonghoon said in the back of his mind.)

 

 But when he look at the man who’s now standing, with his face gets red, he realized  what was keeping her distracted. Good thing that the man can still face him.

 

The man had pride or maybe it was his ego. And he admired him for that.

 

Zack: “I’m sorry.” He said. “I was just talking about business with your… fiancée. But we’re done talking, so I’ll leave you two here. `Seems like you still have a date and I don’t want to disturb your date. Goodnight.”

 

Looking at the man who’s leaving the restaurant makes him want to get angry to Lexa. God! The man has principle!

 

Jonghoon: “Lexa.”

Alexa: “Jonghoon?”

Jonghoon: “This is the last time that I’m going to do this… kind of thing for you. Is that clear?” then he went out.

 

He walks straightly towards the parking lot where he parks his car. Lexa went after him

 

Alexa: “Wait, Hunnie!” He stopped to face her. “Let’s talk about this---”

Jonghoon: “There’s nothing to talk about. You got distracted. And I also got distracted. So, from now on, I’m not going to this kind of thing for you.”

 

Alexa hold his hand to stop him from going. So he stops and faces her again. Once again he, he noticed that she was looking at him quite differently. He snatch back his hand she was holding then gets his eyeglasses and wear it again.

 

She blinked, as if she had just gotten out of her dreams. As expected. She just got amused on how he looked at the moment because it’s been awhile since she saw him dressed like that. And because she only sees him in his school uniform and casual clothes that’s why she acted that way.

 

Jonghoon: “When will you stop playing around, Lexa? You’re not a child anymore. You’re a grown up woman for Pete’s sake! You are also smart enough to know that you’re just wasting your time playing with those men and you’re just hurting their feelings if you didn’t noticed.”

Alexa: “That was so sweet of you, Hunnie. Thanks for worrying about me.” Then Lexa gives him her sweetest smile.

Jonghoon: “I’m not worrying about you. What I was just saying is that-------”

Alexa: “Don’t worry because we have the same purpose before we started going out. And that is to find the right person for us.”

Jonghoon: “Right person, huh? There’s no such thing as a right person. There’s not even a left one, for God’s sake.”

Alexa: “You’re so corny ------ hey! Where are you going?”

Jonghoon: “Home.”

Alexa: “Come on. I’ll treat you to dinner.”

Jonghoon: “And why is that?”

Alexa: “Because you helped me?”

Jonghoon: “And you are going to pay for that.”

Alexa: “Okay! Okay. I didn’t bring my car and ---- oh, jeez!”

Jonghoon: “Come. I’ll send you home.”

Alexa: “Thanks, Hunnie! *eyes twinkling*. But let’s grab some food first. I heard that one of their specialties here is cooking any kind of fish,” she urned to him, smiled and winked. “It’s your favorite, right?”

Jonghoon: “You’re the devil incarnate, Alexa.”

Alexa: “Devil? Hmm… it’s okay being a devil sometimes since I’m tired to be called as an angel. HAHAHAHAHA.”

 

♥       ♥       ♥      ♥       ♥       ♥      ♥       ♥      ♥       ♥      ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥       ♥ 

Saturday morning…

*sound of opening the door*

Jonghoon looked at the person who opened his office’ door without knocking first. And there he saw his younger brother Choi Minhwan (also known as Minari) entered the room. He didn’t even leaved the place where he is standing at the corner of his floor-to-ceiling glass panel of his office to greet his brother.

 

Jonghoon: “Bored again?”

Minari picked up his golf club that he left on the side of his table.

Minhwan: “How `bout you?”

Jonghoon: “I’m not like you who skip at office hours. When your employee notices that you’re not there again, ShadowGround will be in panicked.

 

ShadowGround was their virtual and online games business building. It is one of their family businesses. Minhwan, who is very talented in computer, was the one who’s holding that company and the software company in Silicon Valley that they bought two years ago. While on the other hand, he was holding their family corporation’s hotel and resort business, including most successful and biggest chain of grocery stores and coffee shops all over the country.

Their parents are still helping them to manage their businesses because they are still studying.

 

Minhwan: “You worry too much. Of course, I finished my office works before going here, so they will be fine.” Minhwan stopped from playing virtual golf and faced him. “Why are you there?”

Jonghoon looked down the building before he answered his brother.

Jonghoon: “The view here is beautiful.”

Minhwan: “You mean, the coffee shops? *laughs*”

Jonghoon: “You can say that.” He continued watching the happenings outside his empire. He didn’t like coffees but he like the ambiance of their shops. And one particular regular customer. A smile appeared in his lips when he saw that ‘ regular customer ’.

Minhwan: “Bro, let’s sparring.”

Jonghoon: “I’m not in the mood for------”

 

Jonghoon almost hit by Minari’s fist when he turned to him. Jonghoon holds Minhwan’s hand while his other hand was on defense.

Jonghoon: “Woah! That was close!”

Minhwan: “ what are you looking out there, huh?” he asked then tries to take a peek on what his brother is looking. “Woman? Let me see.”

 

But before Minari manage to take a peek again, Jonghoon gave him an open-palm punch. But Minari’s reflexes were pretty fast so he manages to get rid of his attack. Minari smiled and his eyes glistened. His brother had picked-up already. He already knows that his guess was right. That what he was looking was indeed a woman. They’re brothers so they know what each other’s thinking.  He would interfere with his affair, for sure. And he wasn’t about to let him do that. He takes off his coat and necktie, and then he faced his brother. SHOWTIME.

 

 He easily kicked the swivel chair in front of him to stop Minhwan get near the floor-to-ceiling glass panel of his office where he is standing. Then, he take a look again at the woman he was protecting to be seen by Minari.

 

Minhwan: “Yosh!” Minari just kicked the chair aside and circled his mahogany table. “I’m going to see her, you’ll see.” *grin*

 

To make the long story short, his office become like a battle ground. All the things that they reached by their kicks and punches were all broken. But even if his brother is being like that, he really enjoyed his company.

 

Breaking their bones becomes their past time when they are bored. And it seems like that was really the reason why Minari goes to his office. No one ever win with them except from themselves. It was their bad habit but it was a good exercise and their way of bonding.

 

Secretary: “Sir, you need to sign these papers and----- ” shocked was registered all over her face.

Jonghoon: “What is it?” His simple question to his secretary while still on the defense pose in the middle of the flying papers. Minari was on the ground, pushing away the wooden cabinet that collapse on him after he kicked him and landed there.

Secretary: “Memo, Sir.” Then gave him the memo. He read the papers then signed it. “Sir, do you want me to call again the repair team?”

Jonghoon: “Later. I’ll call them by my own. You can go now.”

Secretary: “Yes, sir.”

 

When he looked back at Minari, he was now on the side of the glass panel and looking down the coffee shop.

 

Minhwan: “Jeez, man! I just wanted to see the woman who, finally, caught your attention.”

Jonghoon: “She failed to get my attention.” He looked at his brother because he knows that he said something that he shouldn’t said. And there, he saw Minari smiling at him. Damn!

 

Minhwan: “Oh, so it really is a woman.” Then took ot his phone from his pocket  and called someone. “Mom, Jonghoon-hyung’s in love.”

 

Jonghoon threw the piece of ceramics that he picked up. But it didn’t hit him. Minari held up his hand.

 

Minhwan: “Kidding,” he said. But before he turns off his phone, “Mom, hyung is angry. Bye for now. Take care.”

Jonghoon: “Go back to ShadowGround, Minari.”

Minhwan: “Yeah, yeah.”

But as Jonghoon walks towards the door, he didn't noticed the piece of wood that is in his way. So, he tripped and fell down to the floor. He heard Minari laughs. "Hyung, how many frogs did you catch? HAHAHA. You're giving me a tummy-ache!" But then, he still help him to stands up. "Hyung?"

Jonghoon: "What?"

Minhwan: "Let's visit Lexa."

Jonghoon: "You go alone. I'm busy. And I'm sure she wanted to see you too."

 

Minhwan and Lexa were like siblings. At first, Minari felt like he wanted her but then, he realize that he just like her as an older sister. Since then, they got to close with each other like a real siblings.

 

Minhwan: "Doing nothing? Aish. 'Guess I don't have a choice. Then, see ya!"

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Sorry for the late update. And I just want you to know that I'm going to change the format of the following chapter. So please, keep on reading the following chapters. 

Thank you! ^_____^