Chapter Three Part One (You're Lucky You Got Me)

You're Lucky You Got Me.

"Lexa I'm busy."

"Doing what?"

"Nothing."

"You know what, Hunnie, I'm also doing that sometimes when I get bored with my life."

"So?"

"It's a rare talent to do nothing. And I think that we are the only people in this town to have such gift. Thanks to Him."

 

Jonghoon heard Lexa chuckled at the background. " Are you sure that you are talking to me, Lexa? 'Seems like you're just talking to yourself."

 

"Huh? Of course I'm talking to you. Is there any person in this world who deserves to hear my beautiful voice at this hour? There's no one but you my sweet Hunnie.."

He just sigh. "I'm really having a very bad day." he said then he asked her, "What do you want now, Lexa?"

"Hmmn.. Nothing? Nothing, really."

He moved his phone on his left ear while listening to Lexa and at the same time, reviewing the reports of their company. Then, he repeat the question to her, "What do you want now Lexa?"

"Jeez! Can't I call you without a reason? I just missed your voice, Hunnie.."

"I told you not to call me." He said because she really likes calling him so early in the morning and giving him the same reasons. And she often calls him at the middle of the night! Her reason? She just wanted to hear his "Hmm.." thing.

"Do you really want me to die longing for you?"

"Yes." He answered but he didn't really mean it and Lexa got used to his coldness.

"You know what, Hunnie? You're really breaking my heart. Who taught you to be this cold and I'll punch him to death."

"By the way, Minari arrived yesterday and he said that he wanted to meet up with you."

"Yeah, I know. He just called me last night and don't change the topic because---"

He hungs up the phone before she finished what she wanted to say. But Alexa immediately call him again. He picked it up. "Go straight to the point, Lexa because I'm busy right now."

"Okay, okay. You have a gig tonight together with Jinnie and your brother, right?"

"Yes and no."

"What?" she said with a knot on her forehead. "I didn't get it."

"Yes, we have a gig tonight. And no, I will not going to bring you there. Clear?" He explained to her because she got confused.

"Ahh! But Hunnie----"

"Unless you promise me that you are just going there to enjoy the night and not for some purposes." He said because the last time he brings her to their gig, she just made a trouble with some other guys.

"Is that how you saw me, huh, Hunnie? Do you think that I will just come there because I'm bored and that I just wanted to meet some other guys? If you don't want to bring me there with you, just say so."

 

And she hang the phone leaving him some regrets on what he said. On the other hand, that wasn't really her fault. "Damn! What did I do again?!"

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

"Hyung, let's go. Jaejin's waiting at the bar."

"You go on ahead of me. I still have something to do. Don't worry, I'm not going to be late. And by the way, the manager of the club adjusted our schedule, so instead of nine o'clock this evening, we'll perform at nine thirty. So, I still have an hour."

"Yeah, yeah. I know that. Ah, hyung? Can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it?" Then Minari told him the favor he is going to ask. "Then fetch the two of them one at a time."

"I want to. But I still have to prepare the drums set with Jinnie. So, please..?"

"Like I have a choice. Ah! don't give that face!" He said because Minari smiled sweetly at him. "I know that you're an aegyo master but, fot Pete's sake! You're a man so don't act cute!" then he walks inside his room.

"I'm not cute! Don't call me like that!" 

While Jonghoon's choosing what he should wear, he suddenly miss Alexa. "Crap! I don't know what to wear from this bunch of clothes and shoes. And this is all Lexa's fault."

 

Actually, those clothes were all bought by Lexa. She always told him what to wear and how to mix and match from clothes to shoes to accessories because he is not really good at that especially in choosing an outfit for their gigs. In short, Lexa was his fashion guru, his stylish.

 

"If only she was here. Aish." He said unconciously.

 

Actually, when they are together, most of the people who doesn't know them personally mistook them as a couple especially because Lexa was such a sweet lady even back then and she always hangs around with him and since they live near to each other, they also go to school together. But her sweetness was different when it comes to him. Well, not that he doesn't know the reason because back then when they are still in high school, Alexa confessed to him.

 

"I don't want you to be my friend anymore, Hunnie."

 

Shocked was registered over Jonghoon's face because at that time, Alexa was his only friend because no one ever tried to get close to him because they said that he has the 'Do-not-disturb-me' aura. But Lexa was different so she became his friend.

 

"W-why? But why? Did I do something wrong? Tell me."

"No, Hunnie. The problem is mine! I can't go on anymore with us, being just friends. I don't want to be your friend anymore, Hunnie. And I really don't know what to do to this feelings that I have for you right now. I don't know how to get rid of it!"

"Then, do not think about it. Forget about it."

"How should I forget these wonderful feelings of loving you Hunnie? I love you! I'm in love with my bestfriend for crying out loud! And I can't help it."

Then tears started to fall from her eyes. Jonghoon, who doesn't know what to say gently grabbed her towards hi and hug her tightly. "Shh... Hush now, Lexa."

"I don't wanna loose you..." *sob* "I don't wanna loose you..." *sobs*

"You're not gonna loose me, Lexa. Hush now. Don't worry, I'm still here and will always be."

"But... But you are so good to me and I know that even if you doesn't see me a girl, you were just going to force yourself to answer back my feelings for you. And if you do that, I might ended up loosing you at the end just like what happened to my past relationships. And I don't wanted that to happen, Hunnie."

 

Jonghoon remains silent because of the revelation of Alexa's feelings towards him. So he just keep on holding her into his arms... comforting her and giving her courage.

 

*sobs* "Hunnie?"

"Hmm..?" he let go of her and look straightly into her eyes.

"Just forget all the things that happened today," Lexa cupped Jonghoon's face with her two hands, tip-toed, "...including this." then kissed Jonghoon fully on his lips!

 

The kiss was just a quick one, only lasts for seconds but still, even though that was not his first kiss, he got shocked and when he recovered from the shock, he saw Lexa was so far away, running while wiping her tears.

 

"You didn't even asked how I feel nor listen to me. What if my feelings for you are not only for a friend?" Jonghoon whispered.

 

Jonghoon stops reminiscing the past when his phone rings. It was his brother, Minhwan. He picks up his phone and answered it immediately.

 

"Hyung! Where are you now? I forgot my drumsticks at the sofa. Will you bring it here to me?"

"Yeah, sure. Anything else?"

"Just don't forget to---"

"I know, I know"

"Okay. Thanks hyung. And hurry up!"

"Okay."