You're Lucky, You Got Me

You're Lucky You Got Me.

 

“I’m here.” Jonghoon said when he entered the staff room where Minhwan and Jaejin are waiting.

“Good thing you’re here. We have a big problem,” Jaejin said, sweating, and then he pointed Minhwan who’s sitting on the corner while his girlfriend is putting bandages on Minhwan’s right arm.

“I’m sorry. We got into accident. And I think, I sprained my right arm a little bit and got some bruises and       ”

“Okay, guys get ready. There are a lot of people out there. They’re looking for your performance tonight. So, good luck and         Omo! What happened to your arm? How are you going to play your drums? Oh my God!” the manager of the bar said hysterically.

“We’ll fix this. Don’t worry, Manager Cha.” Jonghoon said then, “Jaejin-ah! We’ll play one-by-one tonight.”

“But hyung         ”

“No ifs and buts right now. This is urgent and I can’t think of anything else.” Then, he turned to Jaejin again. “Jin, you go outside and look for Lexa. We need her help right now.” And then he turned to Minhwan. “Minari, cover your bandages. We’ll be the first one to come up on stage. And here’s the plan.

 

“Got it?” Jonghoon asked after discussing his plan.

“Thumbs up, hyung!” Minhwan answered.

 

And then, Jaejin arrived with Lexa. Jaejin walks towards Minhwan to ask for their plan.

 

“Alexa, can you do me a favor? Just for tonight. It’s just that Minari injured his right hand and he can’t play the drums in that state, so… will you please play with us tonight?”

“I’ll think about it.”

“Come on. We don’t have enough time.” He said but Lexa’s still expressionless. “I’ll do anything you want, just play with us tonight. Just for tonight.” He said but Lexa still looks like she doesn’t want to. “Do you want me to beg? I’ll b        ”

“You’ll do anything?” Lexa asked.

“Yes. Anything. So… ?”

“Okay! Tell me your plans. And don’t blame me if I failed because it’s been so long since I last played the drums.” Lexa said with a faint of smile on the corner of her lips. She looks kinda happy.

 

Alexa’s POV:

“HAHAHA! You’ll gonna pay for not letting me come here Hunnie. Ha-ha-ha! I’ll make sure that you’ll going to regret the condition that you made because I’m going to compensate for it BIG TIME! Ha-ha-ha *evil laugh*. You’re going to be my slave until I’m satisfied. HAha! and before your slavery ended, I'll make sure that you're gonna fall inlove with me. *evil laugh*”

 

While on Jonghoon’s POV:

“Nah~! This woman is creepy! I should’ve said that condition to her because I’m sure that she’ll gonna make something weird again to me. Eeeh~!

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Their performance ended smoothly. Jonghoon and Minhwan did their first number. The second performance was a solo performance and Minari was the one who performed. The third performance was performed by Jaejin and Jonghoon where the two only played with their guitar. And their last number was performed by Jonghoon, Lexa and Jaejin. But of course, they explained it to their audience that their drummer got injured that is why Alexa will perform as Minari’s replacement. Their last number was ‘Love Letter’.

 

Since they owe their listener for understanding them that is why they let them request a song to dedicate to themselves. And one of the customers requested to them to play Jason Mraz’s “Lucky”.

“I want you to sing Jason Mraz’ Lucky,” the foreigner said then point her finger to Jonghoon and Lexa… “…and I want you two to sing it with your acoustic guitar.” The girl said.

 

Lexa and Jonghoon looked at each other. Of course, Jonghoon can play and sing it but Jonghoon’s not so sure if Lexa knowas the song since it’s a duet.

 

“Do you know the song, Lexa?” he asked. He knows the Lexa loves to sing but he doesn’t know if she knows the song especially that the song was a duet because he only heard her sings and played rock music. He never heard her sings an acoustic nor ballad songs.

“I know that song Hunnie. Just… just… Ah! I just need you to guide me. You know… it’s been so long since the last time I played with you. So…?” she whispered.

“Don’t worry,” he said then tap Lexa’s shoulder “… I know that you’re a good performer. So, let’s just enjoy this night, okay?” and he gave her an assurance smile as if saying ‘It’ll be alright.’

“Yeah. Let’s just enjoy this performance together, Hunnie.” She said and smiled back at Jonghoon.

 

“Okay!” Jonghoon started as he holds the mic, wears his acoustic guitar and sits at the center of the stage. “I would like to dedicate this song to those people who are luckily in love with their best friend and most especially to this beautiful lady in front of us who requested this song. Let us all enjoy the night~!” he said then starts singing the song.

 

♫♪ Do you hear me? I'm talking to you. ♫♪

♫♪ Across the water across the deep blue ocean ♫♪

♫♪Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying ♫♪

 

Jonghoon sings while playing the guitar. While Lexa was standing beside him, singing her part.

♫♪ Boy I hear you in my dreams ♫♪

♫♪ I feel your whisper across the sea ♫♪

♫♪ I keep you with me in my heart ♫♪

♫♪ You make it easier when life gets hard. ♫♪


She sings then faced Jonghoon to sing the chorus of the song with him.

 

Jonghoon’s looking at Lexa’s eyes; they are making an eye contact while singing the chorus of the song. The lyrics say:

 

♫♪ I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend ♫♪

♫♪ Lucky to have been where I have been ♫♪

♫♪ Lucky to be coming home someday ♫♪

♫♪ Ooh ooh ooh ♫♪
 

 

When they faced the audience, they suddenly stopped from playing because there is a commotion happening down the stage! The crowd was all in silence, they’re just watching the people who get everyone’s attention. And when they saw the people who get’s everyone’s attention, they also got interested. They recognize that it was the girl who requested the song they are playing and that right now, there is a man kneeling in front of the girl  and seems like confessing… so, they just listen to them also.

 

“Jien, you know that you’re not my type of girl. But I like you anyway because you’re my bestfriend.” The guy said. “You know all my escapades in life and I swear that I regretted rejecting you. But you know what? In every woman that came into my life, I’m always looking the part of you to them.” The guy continued while the girl who named Jien was just looking down at him. Then the guy continued, “I was kinda satisfied with my life. But when you came back, I found myself wanting more… I found myself imagining what it would like to have you in my life again……. for the rest of our lives.” The guy gets something from his pocket. It was a ring! “Jien, you’re the only one my heart sees. In my heart, you are the biggest occupant of it. You are one of the reasons why my heart is still beating. Jien, will you accept me again to be a part of your life not just your bestfriend… but this time as a part of your life forever?”

The woman named Jien were in tears… tears of joy. And as an answer, the woman nod as an answer and the guy put on the ring to her finger and sealed their love with a very passionate kiss.

 

♫♪ I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend …♫♪

Lexa continued.

♫♪ Lucky to have been where I have been ♫♪

Now, Jonghoon’s playing the guitar and singing with Lexa.

♫♪ Lucky to be coming home again ♫♪

♫♪ Ooh ooh ooh ooooooohh.. ♫♪

 

And the crowd now is cheering their wishes to the newly engaged couple while the two were just hugging each other and slowly dancing to the beat of their hearts.

 

 

AFTER THE PERFORMANCE.

 

“CHEERS!”

“Hey, Jaejinnie! Don’t drink too much, okay?” Alexa shouted to Jaejin because the music at that time is very loud so that they really needed to shout when talking to someone.

“Nah! Don’t worry about me little chick! And who are you by the way?” he also shouted even though they are just sitting next to each other.

 

Jonghoon’s sitting next to Lexa so he saw when Jaejin wrapped his arms around on Lexa’s shoulder while Jaejin’s laughing. Obviously, the jerk was already drunk. Jaejin’s alcohol tolerance is very low….. just like him.Actually, Minhwan, Hongki and Lexa have the high tolerance in alcohol.

 

“Don’t tell me Jinnie that you’re already drunk?” Lexa asked because Jaejin doesn’t usually make a skin contact towards any woman. It’s not that he hates women but because he really doesn’t like the feeling of it.

 

And then, Lexa remembered why Jaejin’s afraid or doesn’t want to have a skin contact with any woman…

 

3 years ago back in high school…

 

Jaejin saw Lexa running towards the corridor of the school building so he called her.

“Hey! Lexa don’t run in the------” he stopped in mid-sentence when he saw that Lexa was crying. He immediately walks towards her. “Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked.

 

Lexa doesn’t answer. She just keeps on crying without looking at Jaejin. And then, Jaejin holds her right hand and pulled her at the rooftop of their school building where students are prohibited.

“Jaejin…..”       *sob*     “…what should I do? As I thought, he doesn’t like me the way I liked him.” She said while her tears are continuously flowing.

“Ssh… That idiot! Don’t cry over him, Lexa.” Jaejin said while still holding my hand tightly.

“J-jin… you’re hurting me.” *pouts* she said while still in tears.

“OH! Byanada (I’m sorry).” Then, he let go of her hand.

“J-jin..?” she called while sobbing.

“Hmmm..?”

“Will you comfort me? Just for… a minute or two?” she requested.

“I would love to. But you see? I’m so careless. What if you got hurt by me?”

“Huh? What do you mean?” she asked then follows Jaejin who sits at the corner.

“Have you seen me holding a girl before?” Jaejin asked.

 

That’s right! She never saw him get in a skin contact with any woman.

 

“N-no?” she answered.

 

“That’s because I’m afraid that when I hold a girl, she might get hurt. Every woman who gets nearer to me always ends up crying or hurt. I don’t now why but when a girl gets closer to me, sooner or later, she’ll be involved in an accident or get sick.”

 

“Jin… you’re thinking too much. Of course, that’s not because of you.” She said because he also seems like he is in… pain.

 

“No! It was my entire fault. The last time, I remembered that there was a girl who keeps on following me. She’s always watching while we are practicing basketball. One day, she accidentally falls on the stairs. Good thing I was there and I catch her…” Jaejin deeply sigh and smiled with a faint of … is that … loneliness?

 

“Oh! Is that the reason why you suddenly stop playing basketball?” she asked and as an answer, Jaejin nods. “Oh!”

 

Then, Jaejin continues… “After that, she gets the attention of the other girls and got bullied by them. I always saw her crying in this place. Until one day, I never saw her ever again.”

 

“And that is why you don’t like to hold me too? That was so unfair of you, Jin! I’m not her and by the way… it’s not that I’m snatching you away from your ‘fans’. I mean. We’re friends right?” she said then sits beside Jaejin. “Can’t you lend your arms on your broken-hearted friend?”

 

Jaejin looks at me that time with a cute face. Then, he gently pulled me towards his body. His hug was so tender and it’s so nice to be held by him. His body is so ward and he smelled so manly.

 

------------- ♥ ♥ ♥ --------------

The next chapter is just a continuation of this scene. Look forward to it!

Because I'm on it right now. Just doing a little bit of editting. kekeke :D

Enjoy reading! And do comment and subscribe! ;) *wink*

 

080412

My Hubby's birthday is comiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! >___< ♥