Chapter One (You're Lucky You Got Me)

You're Lucky You Got Me.

Jonghoon is busy reading the new release paperback of his favorite writer Dan Brown when he heard the sentiment of one of his crews in the coffee shop he owned. Of course, it is, still, about their relationship. And that is what he hates about being in his shop. The scenario is always like this!

 

Crew: "He told me that he loved me. And then, just yesterday I saw him with another woman! He promised me that he will change for the better for me because I forgave him the first time he did that. But what did he do? He deceived me! He's a liar! A jerk! Damn those man like him! They only hurt us, girls."

Jonghoon: "Amen." He just said while sitting in the corner then continue to read his paperback.

Crew: "I love him. I gave everything to him, even myself. But... but... "

Jonghoon: " But when he got what he wanted to you, he dumped you like a trash," he whispered to himself. "Why do women never learn? We are creatures with two legs and eight hands. Although I'm not saying that all men are like that." He didn't said that because he is cynic or bitter. He just have a strong firsthand experience in those kind of situation.

Crew: "But I really love him so much that it hurts" the crew said while still crying.

Crew #2: "So, if ever that he ask for forgiveness, you're going to forgive him again?"

Crew: " I really love him. So, I think... yes. I'll still... forgive him."

Jonghoon: "Stupid!" His voice strengthened so that his crews noticed him and now are looking at him. "Stupid! This novel has such a stupid character. `Can't even read between the lines. She's full of drama. As if she was a descendant of Jesus Christ and everything. I am also a descendant of Him but I never wasted my time on finding where I came from. Haish!"

 

His crews is looking at him as if they were saying: "What's his problem?" He adjusted his eyeglasses and continued reading. He just stopped reading when the book that he's been reading was replaced by a red rose. He put down the book and saw a beautiful face of a lady that he wished he never met.

Alexa: " A red rose for a handsome man like you."

Jonghoon: " What do you want Lexa?" he askes with less emotion, as if he is very tired.

Alexa: "Nothing. Is it that bad for a beautiful woman like me to give his most handsome bestfriend a rose?"

Jonghoon: " Yes. Because I know that you will ask for help again and that is because you are in trouble again, aren't you?"

 

Alexa's sheepishly smile curved her lips. He had to admit she was so cutee when she was acting childish. And he know that she was fully aware of that attribute that she has and she even used that feature of her to get a man. That never fails even once. Her cuteness never failed to amuse a man even him. And that oftenly caused her trouble.

 

Jonghoon: "What did you do, Alexa Altre?" He said while still looking at the book he is holding. "Ah wait, don't answer that."

Alexa sits on the corner of the table in front of Jonghoon. The rose is still stick on her nose.

Alexa: "Zack's getting serious about our relationship."

Jonghoon: "That's great! Be thankful that there is someone who will get serious about you even if your... like that."

Alexa: "What do you mean by 'even if I'm like this', huh?"

Jonghoon: "You're count of men you played around with is higher than the number of capillary vessels in your body."

Alexa: "I'll take that as a compliment." *smirk* then she gets the book from Jonghoon. "`The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.' Nice."

Jonghoon: " You know that book? "

Alexa: "No. But I know that this book is a good one because you're the one who chose this." then she looked at him, "right?"

Jonghoon just take a sigh then get back his book from Alexa.

Jonghoon: " You wanted to be free from that Zacharias. Is that it? "

Alexa: " It's Zack", she said correcting Jonghoon. "He doesn't want to be called 'Zacharias'. He said it was a commoners name."

Jonghoon: " What is he?! Knight in shining armor? A prince? Does he have a castle that he act so high and mighty?"

Alexa: "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !! You're so funny when you talk like that, Hunnie."

 

And then Lexa sits beside him and lean on his shoulder. She immediately breathed in his familiar masculine scent that she really, really liked. even now, he still smells so nice like thae first time they met back in high school. She remembered that back then, she told him once that she like his scent. Maybe that is the reason why he didn't changed his brand of perfume.

 

Alexa: " I knew you'd find something wrong with him," she said. "Something that I cannot pinpoint."

Jonghoon: " Just admit to yourself that you are not good enough on finding the right guy. And will ou please, don't lean on me? You're heavy and my crew are looking at us. There's another chair over there. You can transfer there so that you wouldn't disturb me here."

Alexa: " No, I'm perfectly fine here. Don't worry about me." Then, she offers the rose to him again. "Don't you really want this?"

Jonghoon: " Orchids are my favorite flowers."

Alexa: " Huh? "

Jonghoon: " And Fish is my favorite food. So, will you please, seat there? And then tell me the reason why you are here. I still have a lot of things to do. "

Alexa: *scratch her head* " Chill out for a while, Hunnie. You're so formal. You wouldn't get a girlfriend if you are always like that... cold. "

Jonghoon: " I don't care." He stands up then sits at the other chair then, pull out from his pants his sticky note and ballpen. " What time are we going to meet after class and on what restaurant? Oh, by the way, I don't have a new clothes so don't be shock if you saw me wearing the same clothes that I've already wore before."

 

Then, he wrote down the details of his new 'mission' in her life.

 

Jonghoon: " One more thing, you owe me big this time because the price of the gasoline gets higher. Plus, the VAT."

Alexa: " Gasoline? What are you gong to do with that? Drink it? " then Jonghoon gave her a sharp look. She just smiled at him. " Kidding."

 

This had always been their agenda every time Alexa wanted to get out of the hands of the men she was with. And it started when they are in high school. Alexa was a transferee from an exclusive private school. They heard that she was drove out in her previous school because most of the boys are following her, seeking for her.

 

But even the boys in their school got hooked-up in her charm. Some would even follow her at home. And he's the only one who didn't get affected by her charm. Maybe because they were sitting next to each other. In other words, he is used to it.

 

Until one day, he was force to compromise with her because he lost his credit card and he needed to pay for his school project. Alexa offered him a help, but in exchange he should also help her. And that is to pretend that  he was her boyfriend in front of the guys who's chasing her. 

 

It was an effective technique because it happened that he was a member of the drama club so it was easy fot him to pretend as a loving and protective boyfriend. And Alexa got used on giving him a bribe every time she wanted to get rid of the other boys. Which was fine with him. Until they became a college students, they're still doing the thing.

 

Alexa proved to be a good financial mogul, by using her money to get what she wanted --- her freedom every time shet wanted to get out of a relationship. By using him. On the other hand, he was a business-minded person without any means of making it. They were good for each other because of the way they were.

 

Jonghoon: " Alexa," he calmly called to her without taking his eyes off to her.

Alexa: " Hmm?"

Jonghoon: "Stop sniffing me." And he continued silently writing notes when he called her again. " Lexa."

Alexa: " Hmm? "

Jonghoon: " Stop staring at me."

Alexa: " Hunnie. "

Jonghoon: " Don't imitate me, Lexa."  Then gave her the notes and the ballpen. " Our transaction is still the same---" His forehead wrinkled when he noticed Alexa's hair. " You're hair grows, Lexa."

Alexa: " Really? It still look the same to me."

Jonghoon: " No. You cut it two inches shorter last month. "

Alexa: " How did you-----"

Jonghoon: " And you changed your brand of shampoo, right? " He the silky strands of her hair. " You still smell great, though."

She got shock on that side of him. She thought that he only see what he wanted to see but it seems that it's not like that. Because he noticed that small thing about her that even the closest person in her life didn't noticed.

 

Alexa: " yup! "

Jonghoon: " So, don't you have anything to say? "

Alexa: " Let's meet at Mario's in Shangri-La. We're going to arrive there at seven o' clock. Show yourself after thirty minutes. "

Jonghoon: " Okay. "

Alexa: " And don't worry about your outfit. For sure, even if it's old or out of fashion, it will still look good on you. And please, do not wear your glasses, okay? "

Jonghoon: " Lexa. "

Alexa: " I know. I know that my charm won't affect you a bit." *deep sigh* " Are you really a man, Hunnie? "

Jonghoon: " Yes. How about you, are you really a girl?"

Alexa: " One hundred and one persent. Plus the VAT and interest." 

Jonghoon: " Who confirmed that? You? I don't have a trust in your computation." He teased.

Alexa: " Are you questioning me?" Jonghoon didn't answer. " You're underestimating me right, bro--- ouch! " Jonghoon flicked her on her forehead.

Jonghoon: " Serves you right. *smiles* You're so noisy, get out of here, Lexa. You're disturbing my customers. " But instead of following him, she compressed herself more into his side.

Alexa: " You're doing nothing, right? Let's chat a little bit longer. My father's office work bores me."

Jonghoon: Jonghoon raised his book. " I'm reading this. And we have nothing to talk about."

Alexa: " How's your business? I mean, yours and your family business."

Jonghoon: " Doing good."

Alexa: " Ahhhh... at least lengthen your answer. We rarely saw each other and---"

Jonghoon: " You were here yesterday. And the day before yesterday... and three days ago."

Alexa: " That's because I miss you. How about you, don't you miss me too?"

Jonghoon: " No. "

Alexa: " Even for a second? "

Jonghoon: " Yes. " 

Alexa: *sigh* " You're really harsh, Choi Jonghoon. You're always like that while I'm always thinking about you."

Jonghoon: " I didn't obliged you to think about me. You're the harsh one because you already have a man and yet, you're still thinking about another guy."

Alexa: " I'm a gifted child, you know." then get her face closer to the book he was reading. " and I like thinking about you. Because you're so beutiful---- I mean handsome, you're so handsome in my dreams."

Jonghoon: " Alexa. "

Alexa: " You're really  handsome in my dreams. Superbly handsome. Promise! Because there, you're a ver soft-spoken guy so, your beauti---handsome face emphasizes there. Specially when you smile. Oh! Come to think of it, it's been a while since I saw you smiled. Maybe I should always bring a camera so that I can captured your beautiful smile."

Jonghoon: " You're noisy. " then throw her a pillow that she immediately catched. " What ever your drama is, it won't affect me. So, go back to your office. We're done talking."

Alexa: " Who taught you to be this coldhearted?" He gave him a look that answered her question. " I'm sweet." Then, Jonghoon stand up and fix his necktie. " By the way, don't act so cool in our meeting later. So that Zack wouldn't try to kill himself." *smile*

Jonghoon: " It's your fault for choosing a lousy guy like him."

Alexa: *laugh out loud* " It is really a good thing that I came here. Somehow, my boredom's gone. Thanks, Hunnie." She kissed the most sensitive part of her face, his nose. " I'll see you tonight, baby.*wink* " 

 

Jonghoon who's still blushing didn't even react. And on his mind...

Damn this woman! Always teasing and kissing me on my sensitive part!

Then gave out a harsh sigh and slightly shake his head then read again the book he is holding.

 

Jonghoon: " You didn't even change a bit, Lexa." *sigh*

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On Chapter Two, please look forward on what will going to happen to their plan and get ready to meet the other characters. :)