I love you

Vanilla & Chocolate

Minjung’s POV

I was sitting at the dining table staring at the cup of warm milk in front of me as the clock was ticking, showing that it was already past midnight. I couldn’t fall asleep, no matter how much I wanted to. It was one of those nights where I couldn’t stop thinking about Myungsoo because I missed him so much. It’s already been three years since he went abroad to study and I still can’t get over the fact.

Even though we phone each other every despite the time difference, I still missed him so much. Doojoon and the others would spent time with me, trying to cheer me up.

“I miss you…” I whispered with a pout and played with my fingers. Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me and turned around on the chair.

“What are you doing at this hour?” a husky, sleepy voice asked. I shook my head and chuckled. A few feet away from me stood a young and fine man, rubbing his eyes while yawning. Sometimes I wonder why such a handsome guy like Doojoon was still single. And I’m not just saying because he’s my brother.

“I couldn’t sleep.” I said to my brother who was eyeing me. “Finish your cup of milk and go to bed! I don’t think Myungsoo would want his love to turn into an ugly panda!” He ruffled my hair. “Okay, okay, just go and sleep! I’ll go to bed as soon as I finish this!” I shooed him away while picking up the cup drinking remains.

Lazily I walked upstairs and opened the door to my room. Turning on the lights I walked to my bed and lied down. I looked over to the wall on my right sight where the calendar was hanging on the wall. “Tomorrow’s our 3rd year anniversary.” I said to myself. “Whatever, it’s not like Myungsoo’s here to celebrate it with me” I shrugged sadly. Letting out a sigh, I pulled blanket over myself and reached out to turn off the lights.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Minjung… Minjung!! Yah, Panda…” I slowly opened my eyes and blinked for a few times before seeing Doojoon in front of me. “What are you doing in my room on a Saturday…” I glanced at my alarm clock on the night table. “… at 7 in the morning?!” Doojoon only smiled and pulled my blanket away. “What the hell!” I sat up and glared at him.

“Now go and get ready!” Doojoon said and grinned. “Why where are we going?” I raised an eyebrow and scratched the back of my head. “You’ll see!” He suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me up, dragging me to the bathroom. Pushing me inside, he closed the door and yelled, “Until you’re done, I won’t let you out!” I frowned and crossed my arms, wondering what he was planning. “Oh, one more thing…” I heard him say before he opened the door stretching out his arm to give me some clothes.

After getting ready, I left the bathroom wearing a cute dress that Doojoon gave me. I headed downstairs seeing him in the kitchen. He noticed me and turned around pulling out a chair for me. “I made pancakes!” He smiled brightly. I looked at him suspiciously, my lower lip. “What’s wrong with you? It’s not like today’s my birthday!” I said, making him smile. “Stop smiling like an idiot and tell me what you’re planning!” I started to eat the pancake. “No, it’s a secret!” He winked.

After eating breakfast, Doojoon suddenly shooed me out the house saying, “Go wherever you want but be at the Han River at 9 o’clock!”  I stood in front of the door as he slammed it shut, locking me out. It took me a few seconds to realize what actually happened. I blinked at the door before coming back to my senses. “YAH! YOON DOOJOON!! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!! Do you think you can just lock me out because you feel like it?? I’m gonna tell mom!!” I shouted while banging on the door but he didn’t answer. Giving up, I let out a sigh and began to walk.

“What the hell is wrong with him today?” I frowned while walking, kicking random little stones on the road. Since I was out of the house anyway, I decided to stroll around. Then I remembered what Doojoon told me and made my way to the Han River.

“And what exactly am I supposed to do here?” I mumbled to myself and looked around. There was nothing interesting beside some people walking around and having fun with their friends or whoever. Suddenly something tugged my hand and as I looked down I saw a little boy. “Noona!” He called and looked up at me with his big adorable eyes.

Wondering who he is, I crouched down in front of him, watching how a smile appeared on his face. “Are you looking for your mother?” I asked but he just shook his head. “You’re father?” I tried to ask but again, he shook his head. Without a word, he pulled me along. “Wait, where are you going??” My eyes widened as he dragged me somewhere. Knowing that he wouldn’t give me an answer anytime soon, I decided to shut my mouth, following him.

After a while, the little boy stopped walking and turned around to look at me. He grinned cutely and handed me a little piece of paper.

 

'I MISSED YOU, MY SWEET VANILLA'

 

I read the words and looked at it confusedly. Before I knew it, I could hear the sound of a guitar. Immediately I turned around, my mouth wide open.

 

You’re too pretty, you really shine

Every moment, you’re my cover girl

Every time you see me, you smile.

You even smile when you get upset

How could I say I don’t like you?

 

I just need one; all I need is just one

You know it too, it’s obvious

Perfectly trust me; you just need to trust only me

Then I’ll be yours, always

 

I couldn’t believe my eyes. I just couldn’t. Myungsoo was sitting in front of me with a guitar in his hand and a wide grin on his face.

 

 

You’re my angel, my cover girl

Yell it louder, you’re mine

My burning heart, my eyes are only on you

 

I just need one; all I need is just one

You know it too, it’s obvious

Perfectly trust me; you just need to trust only me

Then I’ll be yours, always

 

(Infinite – Cover girl)

 

The song ended and I was still standing on the same spot, not moving an inch. Was that really Myungsoo? *But he’s supposed to be away for another year…* I couldn’t take my eyes off of him and just stared at him silently. Just then he let out a chuckle and put down his guitar, walking slowly toward me.

The both of us were looking at each other when he pulled me into a hug. “I missed you so much!” He whispered into my ears and it hit me. Myungsoo was back. He was standing in front of me, embracing me. Without knowing, my tears ran down my cheeks and I hid my face into his chest.

“What the hell!!” I cried. “How could you not tell me that you’re back and just appear in front of me, singing to me like that?” I shouted into his chest. Myungsoo laughed at me and cupped my face. Wiping my tears with his thumb away, he pecked my nose.

“I missed you so soooo much!” I said and looked into his eyes. “Me too! I felt like dying!” He smiled before kissing me softly. Closing my eyes I savored the moment. As we broke the kiss, we smiled at each other. “I love you!” He said and hugged me tightly.

“Aren’t you supposed to come back next year?” I asked, putting my arms around him. Myungsoo looked down at me and grinned. “I spent my free times with studying so I learned everything I needed to learn very fast. That’s why I was allowed to come back.” He smiled at me.

 “I’m glad you’re back! I hope you never leave me again!” I pouted. Myungsoo pinched my cheek and smiled brightly at me. “I will never leave you, my love!” His lips met mine and he kissed me tenderly.

 

*That’s right, stay by my side forever and don’t leave me because I love you!*

 

I’m your vanilla

And you’re my chocolate

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello my lovely readers!

This is the end of 'Vanilla and Chocolate' and I wanted to say thank you so freaking much for reading my story!!

I also wanted to apologize for taking so long to update. 

Thank you for being patient, thank you for supporting, thank you for loving this story even though it's not the greatest.

I hope you're not too disappointed with the ending but I really couldn't think of something better.

Again, thank you for everything!!

*Hugs every single one of you* <3

-mickeymouse97