Meeting Mr. Kim

Vanilla & Chocolate
Minjung's POV
 
I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling of my room while thinking of things to do. As we all know, Myungsoo was at Dongwoo's house with the other boys. My brother went over to Junhyung to help him repairing his car. If Eunkyung had time, she would've spent time with me but since she had a family gathering, I was all alone and could've died any moment soon.
 
Suddenly craving for ice cream, I decided to go to the ice cream shop that was barely fifteen minutes away from home. Soon I found myself standing in front of the shop, entering it to buy my ice cream. As I left the ice cream shop, happily on my strawberry ice cream, strolled around since I was out of my house anyway. Stopping at the play ground nearby, I sat down on a bench, finishing my ice cream and watching the children play.
 
"I will win this fight for sure!! Nothing is better than my Kamehameha!" A little boy yelled, making this one hand gesture where Son Goku would let out his power or whatever. "No way! I will beat you with my Jutsus!" the other kid said while doing some Naruto finger signs, making me laugh.
 
It made me remember how I used to play with Doojoon when I was younger. Back then when we were still in Canada I would play with Doojoon and his friends which where also boys so I was more of a tomboy when I was little. I rather played with Doojoon's cars and action figures instead of my doll's that mom bought, in hope that I would find some interest in girlish stuffs. But still i preferred those toys that Doojoon had. I even called my brother hyung instead of oppa back then until I went to Junior High. There I found new friends that were mostly girls and learned how to be a real girl.
 
Snapping back to reality after remembering some memories I looked at my watch to see that it was time to head home. When I made my way back to my house, I was about to cross the street as a black car stopped in front of me. Surprised, my eyes widened and took a step back. When the door of the passenger seat opened and someone stepped out, I blinked for a few times, noticing who it was.
 
"Oh! Annyeong-haseyo, Mr. Lee!" I greeted the man with a bow. He was the secretary of Myungsoo's father that showed me around the company last time. "Hello, Minjung!" He smiled kindly at me. "Would mind, following me for a while?" He asked, opening the door of the back seat. "Ehhh... s-sure!" I said hesitantly and entered the car.
 
"Where are we going, Mr. Lee?" I asked as the driver started the engine. "Don't worry, you'll know soon!" He said, looking back at me. I looked out of the window, wondering where the hell he was taking me to, when Mr. Lee broke the silent. 
 
"We're here, Minjung!" He said and the car stopped in front building which seemed to be a classy restaurant. Mr. Lee opened the door for me waiting for me to step out. "Please follow me!" He said and guided me into the restaurant as I followed him.
 
Mr. Lee stopped in front of a table and said, "I brought her, Mr. Kim! I'll leave you two alone!" He said and left. I looked up and saw Myungsoo's father sitting at the table smiling at me. "Hello, Minjung! Please have a seat!" He said. "Annyeong-haseyo, Mr. Kim!" I sat down across of him nervously, wondering why I'm even here in the first place.
 
"You remember me, right?! We saw each other at the mall the last time!" He said. "Yes, I remember." I said looking at him. Then he gave me the menu and grinned. "Please order whatever you want! The price doesn't matter!" He said with a bright smile.
 
Even though he said so, I didn't dare to order something big and just wanted something to drink. "Myungsoo found a really beautiful and kind girl for him!" he said which formed a small smile on my face. "Thank you!" I said shyly. "From what I heard, he really loves you so do you." He smiled at me. "Yes, I do" I bit my lower lip, trying not to smile too brightly while thinking of Myungsoo.
 
"Actually, the reason I wanted to meet you to day was because I need your help!" He said seriously and gave me a look. "As you might know, he doesn't really like me!" he told and I looked at him sympathetically. "About that... don't worry too much, things will clear up!" I assured him with a smile.
 
"Thank you but actually I wanted to ask if you could persuade him. I want Myungsoo to continue his studies in the states about business and accountancy for four years." My eyes widened after hearing what he just told me. "I tried to talk to him but he didn't want to. He said he didn't want to leave his friends, most of all you!"
 
"I know it's hard for the both of you but seeing how much he loves you, I'm sure even after four years those feelings won't fade." he explained. "Minjung, I'm begging you! Please help me with this! I just want the best for Myungsoo! And I know, he'll listen to you!" Mr. Kim begged. 
 
I looked down at my lap and breathed. What Mr. Kim said wasn't wrong but still, one day without Myungsoo was already bad. How could I survive those four years with him on the other side of the world.
I let out a sigh and looked at Mr. Kim. *What should I do?*