Date gone wrong

Vanilla & Chocolate

Myungsoo's POV

While driving the car, I whistled happily, looking forward to see Minjung. I was on my way to her house to pick her up. Arriving there, I stepped out the car and walked to her front door, playing with my keys by throwing them up and catching them again. I rang the door bell and soon the door opened revealing a cheerful Minjung.

"Hey baby!" I greeted her instantly and took her in my arms, planting a soft kiss on her forehead. My girl greeted back with her bright smile and hugged me back. "Did you already eat?" I asked her and she nodded with a hum. "Well then, let's go!" I said. "Yeah, let me get my jacket first! You can wait in the car for me!" She said and kissed me on the cheek before running back inside. I let out a chuckle and headed to my car, waiting for her there.

"Oppa, let's go to the movie theater! There's a new movie I want to watch!" She said as I was driving the car. "Everything for you, my angle!" I smiled. "Assa!!!" She cheered and began to make dance moves with her arms making me laugh. "Stop dancing around!" I chuckled. "Wae?" She paused her little dance and looked at me. "Your cuteness is distracting me and I'm driving a car right now!" She laughed at my sentence and leaned over to peck my cheek.

"Oppa! I'll get the tickets and you get the snacks, ok?!" She said as we arrived at the movie theater. As told I went to the counter to order drinks and popcorn. When I got the drinks and the popcorn, I turned around to see Minjung stand in front of me. With a grin, she helped my carrying the drinks and we headed to the auditorium.

It was a comedy/romance movie which Minjung had chose. I had my arm around Minjung and she leaned her head on my shoulder as we watched the movie. When ever the main characters were kissing, I had the urge to kiss Minjung but controlled myself as I didn't want to disturb her since she was so engrossed into the movie.

After the movie ended, the both of us went to a nearby cafe because Minjung wanted to eat some cake. "One cheesecake and a Latte Macchiato, please!" I said to the waitress. The woman bowed and left us to do her work. "So did you like the movie?" Minjung asked me, propping her elbows on the table and blinking at me. "It was good. I liked it!" I nodded.

For a moment, there it was silent between the both of us as I was looking at her. Suddenly she let out a sigh. "What's wrong?" I asked her and she looked up. "Myungsoo. Actually-"

"Here's your order! One cheesecake for the beautiful lady and one Latte Macchiato for her handsome boyfriend!" The middle aged waitress smiled and left us after setting our orders down on the table. Minjung began to poke her cheesecake as I stared at her. "Minjung, what's wrong?" I asked her again.

She let out another sigh and looked at me nervously. "Actually, the other day when you were with hanging out with Infinite..." She began and looked down at her cake. "What happened that day?" I asked calmly. Minjung bit her lower lip and tried to avoid my eyes.

"...that day... I... I met your father!" She mumbled. I froze for a moment. "You what???" My eyes widened. "Did he do something bad to you?? Did he tell you some nonsense??" I asked worriedly. Minjung eagerly shook her head and looked down at her hands.

"He didn't do anything bad! And for the second one... he told me that he wanted you to study abroad!" She said. "So he wants you to persuade me? No way! That old-"

"Myungsoo!" She interupted me. "What? That old man just wants to separate the both of us!" I frowned. "Myungsoo, your getting it wrong! He just wants the best for you! Those four years will pass so fast that you wont even notice it" She tried to defend that man. I clenched my fists and looked at her. "Why are you defending him? Four years may pass by fast but to me those four years will take forever! Do you want me to leave that bad??" I said angrily even thought I didn't mean to get angry at her.

"Kim Myungsoo! How can you think like that?? One day not seeing you is killing me so why would I want you to leave? I just think that it's a good chance! You can continue your studies there and get to learn new things!" She explained. "But I said I don't want to leave you!! Why are you helping that man that calls himself a father??" I began to raise my voice.

"Myungsoo!!!" She frowned and I could see her eyes tearing up. *! Way to go Myungsoo! You just made her cry!* I mentally face palmed myself. "Why are you so stubborn? Can't you see that's all a misunderstanding?? Your father loves you very much but he doesn't know how to show it! When your mother was sick he was so hurt that he didn't want to accept the reality that your mother was leaving soon and kept himself busy!" She burst, tears streaming down her face. 

"I really don't want you to leave but what can I do? I don't want to ruin your future!" She cried. I gulped and looked down. I swear I wanted to punch myself at the moment. But I was afraid. Afraid that distance and time would make her feelings for me fade away.

"But what if you forget about me?" I whispered and looked down at my coffee that was untouched. "What? Myungsoo, do you even know how I love you? So much that I don't want to leave your side for one second because I would miss you so much. How could you think that I would forget you?!" She stood up and wiped her tears away. Before I knew it she ran away, leaving me there without even looking back.

*Arrgh!! You messed it up, Myungsoo! How could you?! I'm sorry Minjung! I- I was just afraid to lose you!* I stood up and slammed some money on the table before running after her.