What's wrong?

Vanilla & Chocolate

L’s POV

I was sitting on my chair in the classroom, looking out of the window while girls were trying to get my attention. Not looking at those girls, I hoped that they stop doing aegyeo. It was annoying and boring. I looked at the watch and wondered where Minjung was. Usually she would come early to school but today I didn’t see her. The bell rang for the first time but she still didn’t show up.

The students were sitting on their seat talking, laughing and making noises like always. Just then the door opened and Minjung stepped in. A little smile appeared on my face when I saw her and I was about to greet her. But she didn’t even look at me when she sat down on her chair next to me. It was kinda weird since she would always beam at me and greet me.

“Is something wrong?” I asked Minjung when she slowly looked at me. “No…” She smiled at me but I knew she lied. Her smile was fake and her voice was weak. As soon as the teacher entered the room, everyone was quiet.

When Mr. Lee started to teach English, Minjung was paying attention to him all the time, looking really serious. It bothered me because normally she wouldn’t even listen to him for one minute. “Are you Ok? Are you feeling well?” I asked.  She just nodded.

The bell rang and it was break. The whole morning she didn’t talk to me so I approached her. “Minjung, let’s meet at the backyard! Where we always hang out together! You know I wanna….” Before I could finish my sentence, she cut me off. “Sorry! I have to go to the library! I have to return some books!” Again, she gave me a fake smile and left the classroom.

I knew that she wasn’t going to the library because she didn’t take any books with her. I frowned and looked after her. *Something is not right! She isn’t as cheerful as usually!* I thought and followed her. And I was right. She was going to the library; in fact she was walking upstairs to the rooftop. I secretly followed Minjung without her noticing me.

Reaching the rooftop, I saw her standing there, looking up to the sky. “I want to talk to him! I want to talk to Myungsoo, telling him how bad I’m feeling right now!!!” She shouted and plopped on her knees, sitting on the floor. I frowned and looked at her. Minjung still didn’t recognize me so I approached her.

“Why don’t you talk to me then?” I asked. She jumped a little and looked up at me. “My-myungsoo!! Why are you here?” She asked a little shocked. Her eyes were wide and she waited for me to answer her question. “I followed you! Something seems wrong with you today so I’m worried! You used to be cheerful but today you didn’t even greet me!”

“I-I’m tired today so I guess I’m not myself! I have to go now, Eunkyung is waiting for me!” Minjung stood up and was about to walk away but I held her wrist, stopping her. “Again! You’re lying again! Eunkyung is with Sungyeol right now! What’s with you? Are you avoiding me??” I frowned, waiting for her to say something.

“I…. I just don’t want to see you today, Ok?!”

Minjung’s POV

I released my wrist from his grip and ran away. I ran downstairs as tears were running down my cheeks. *Why am I such a coward? Why am I avoiding him? I shouldn’t follow what those girls said.* I was scared. I didn’t want to leave this school because it means I won’t see Myungsoo anymore so I rather watch him from afar.

I wiped away my tears and went to classroom. As the break ended I walked back to my classroom and sat down. The whole day I would avoid Myungsoo and walk away when he tried to talk to me. When school ended, I walked home alone because Sungyeol was taking Eunkyung home. *That Yeol idiot took my friend away!* I pouted and walked my way home.

Doojoon’s POV

I was preparing dinner for Minjung and me and was so excited. I waited for her, hoping that she will like what I cooked. I was done preparing everything and looked at my watch to check the time. I the TV and watched Music Bank for a while, waiting for my sister to come back. I was sure that it was her when the door opened. Minjung walked in and walked to the staircase, about to go up.

“Hey, don’t you want to eat something?” I asked her but she just shook her head. “I’m not hungry!” She mumbled and walked up. I looked to the dining table that was all served and sighed. I was a bit worried so I went after her to look, if everything is ok.

When I stood in front of her room, I knock the door and entered it, seeing her laying on the bed, hugging her big, pink teddy bear that dad gave her. I approached her and sat on a free spot on her bed, her hair.

“What’s wrong?” I asked with a soft and gentle voice. Minjung shook her head and didn’t say anything. “If there’s something that’s bothering you, don’t hesitate to tell me! I’m your brother and I can’t stand it, seeing my baby sister like this!” I said and her cheeks. “It’s really nothing! I’m just tired!” She said low. “Ok! But remember that I’m always here for you!” I whispered and kissed her forehead.

Standing up and walking outside, I closed the door behind me and sighed deeply. *I hate seeing her sad!* I thought and walked downstairs to put away the food I cooked.