Chapter Seven: Meet the Daddy

What He Did For Love

 

Chapter Seventeen:

 

 

 

                “Woohyun, please make me beautiful.”

 

                I stopped myself from walking upon hearing the words that you uttered. I raised my head and looked at you.

                “Why?” I asked, though I think I know the reason why.

 

“Because I’m ugly and for once I want to be beautiful too, just like E-eunjung and M-Minkyung.” You bowed your head, and avoided my gaze. Why the heck do you always like put down yourself huh?

                “No, not for that shallow reason.” No way, no way.

                “B-but if you won’t help me then there’s no way I’d be suitable for y-Sunggyu!”

                I felt a bucket of cold ice water fell unto me. I never felt this cold before. Stupid me, shouldn’t have asked you that. Seriously why do I have to fall in love with you when there’s a lot, and I mean a LOT of physically gifted girls out there running after me?

                For a moment I gathered all the courage that I could muster before I gave in.

                “Fine.” You jumped and beamed due to extreme happiness, *sigh* do you love Sunggyu that much? Do I love you that much to the point that I will really help you be beautiful just so you can be with him? But then, what about me?

                I was brought back to reality when I found you hugging me tight.

                “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” You grinned at me, and my heart melted. Man, what I am about to do is suicide.

 

 

 

~0~

 

 

 

“I don’t know what’s your favorite dish so I just cooked my specialties. There there, eat to your heart’s content.” Your mother said as soon as we’ve reached the dining hall. Your mother put different kinds of cuisine in my plate. There’s pasta, fried potatoes, roasted chicken, beef stew, dumplings, california maki and a lot more.

 

 

“Thanks, ahjumoni. Your daughter said you invited me here, there must be an event sorry if I came empty handed.” I apologized, your mother smiled at me while your father hasn’t spoken to me yet.

 

“You didn’t come empty handed; you brought a cake for dessert. And no there’s nothing special today besides the fact that my only daughter finally have a boyfriend.” Your father coughed upon hearing the word boyfriend. I tried real hard to suppress the nervousness I’m feeling.

 

“Umma, I told you we don’t have to celebrate just for that.” You complained with that cute pout on your face as you ate a roll of california maki.

 

“But you can’t blame me; I just want to meet my future son in law.” I left out a laugh and your mom smiled at me. What a nice mom you have. “T-then is it fine to call you mom from now on?” I kid and you glared at me.

 

“Of course, I’ve always wondered how it feels like to have a son.” I just smiled again and then concentrated on the foods placed on my plate.

 

After fifteen minutes you and your mother went to the kitchen to prepare the desserts. Yes, dessertS!

 

                “*clears his throat* So, you’re her boyfriend.”

 

                “*gulped* Yes, s-sir.” Your dad looks like a monster in my eyes at least.

 

                “Aren’t you too handsome for my daughter?” Wait what?

 

                “I don’t think so sir, I’ve always think of your daughter as the most attractive girl in my sight.” Your father smirked at my response. What’s wrong with him?

 

"What do you want from my daughter?"

 

"Pardon?" What does your father mean by that?

 

"If it's about money then you’re doomed since we are not that rich. Now if it is about her brain I believe you're far more intelligent compared to her." What the what?! Is he seriously asking me that?

 

"I don't care about money or brains. I am dating your daughter because I love her."

 

"Do you seriously think I'd believe that crap?" And why won’t your dad believe what I said?

 

"Why cannot you believe that someone like me could fall in love to your daughter? Because she’s ugly? Because I’m too handsome?” Sorry but your dad is insane.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You can’t bring her happiness.”

 

 

0.0

>.<

0.0

>.<

0o0

 

Lost for words I did not reply, instead I just flashed a mocking smile at him. Oh burn! What a way to start this fake relationship. Your mother seems nice but your dad? Man, what’s wrong with him? Who is he to think that I cannot bring you happiness?

 

“Here’s the desserts.” You and your mother appeared with a tray full of salad, graham cake, chocolate cake, ice cream, and pudding.

 

“Wow.” I uttered in daze, wow this is feast.

 

“Now eat everything you want, I prepared these just for you.” I thanked your mother before I picked a plate of graham cake and placed it in front of you. You flashed a questioning look at me before you feed me a portion of the cake.

 

“Darling aren’t they too sweet?! I miss the times you were very sweet to me.” Your mother beamed while I just smiled and did the same to you.

 

~0.0~

 

“Mianhe, for putting you in a tight position.” You apologized to me, wait do you honestly think that I’d come to your house because I’m forced?

                “Don’t worry I enjoyed spending time with your mother.” Your face lightened up upon hearing my response.

                “B-but from now on, my mother will bug me every day to bring you home.”

                “That’s fine with me after all I am her to-be son in law.” I kid and you blushed.

                “Well then I’ll be going.” I bade goodbye while you waved your hand.

 

                I was ten steps away from you when I remembered something.

 

 

“B-but if you won’t help me then there’s no way I’d be suitable for y-Sunggyu!”

 

 

 

“You can’t bring her happiness.”

 

I looked back at you and to my relief you were still outside of your house, watching me go away from you. I gulped and walked back at you. Then before you could even react you found yourself enveloped in my arms.

 

“Tomorrow, 10 o’clock in the morning meet me at the plaza.” You shuddered as the breath from my lips reached your ears.

 

-0-

 

Dug

Dug

Dug

Dug

Dug

Dug

 

It’s been ten minutes since Woohyun has hugged and whispered in my ears and yet I can still hear the loud pounding of my heart. My hands are still shuddering and there are still the chills and the goose bumps.

 

 

“Tomorrow, 10 o’clock in the morning meet me at the plaza.”

 

 

I stood up from my seat when I remembered the 10 o’clock thingy. Is Woohyun asking me out on a date? Gaah! Where’s Lee Hannah when I need her the most?!

What will I wear?

What about my hair?

The shoes?

The everything?!

How about my face?!

And why am I freaking out just because Woohyun asked me out on a date?!

 

Breathe in

Breathe out.

 

First thing’s first I opened my closet and looked for a decent article of clothing to wair. Then I looked for comfortable shoes that would match my dress. I also googled some attractive updo’s that I might implement on my hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next thing I know it’s already 10 o’clock in the morning.

 

 

 

 

 

0.0

 

I arrived there at exact 10 am and a smile ensued on my face when I saw Woohyun already waiting for me at one of the benches. I mentally slapped my head when I saw his outfit for today. He is just wearing a comfy plaid polo while I wore a dress and a stupid hanky-like hair dress on my head.

 

  

 

 

“Hey, sorry I was umm late.” I apologized not bothering to look in Woohyun’s eye, afraid that he’s snickering at my bad fashion statement.

“It’s nothing, besides you came just in time.” Woohyun assured me but I still tried hard to not look at his face.

His shoulder blade brushed against mine when he stood up and walked past me.

“Where are we going?” I inquired.

“To Jang Kkotip noona.” Before I could ask for more details he already dragged me to our destination.

 

0.0

>.<

0.0

>.<

0.0

 

“A salon?” yeah we’re standing in front of a salon. Woohyun did not waste any moment, he held my hand and guided me inside.

“Noona, I brought her with me.” Woohyun called out and a dazzling woman who resembles Jang Dongwoo, Woohyun’s best bud, appeared from a room.

She walked and stared at me from head to toe. Her hands touched the texture of my hair and along the process removed the hair dress on my head. She also touched my face and shook her head in disappointment.

“Ya, don’t take for granted the fact of being born as a girl. When is the last time you washed your face with facial wash?” I shook my head since I never washed my face with products such as that. “How about haircut?”

“I’m the only one who cut my hair.” She looked at me with disbelief.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. Sit down.” I obliged. “Ya, Woohyun, return here after an hour and a half.”

“Wait, what?” What’s happening?

“Worry not my dear. I’ll turn you into one fine girl.” And poof, we became Coco crunch.

 

 

Unni did various weird things to me, she washed my hair with shampoo and conditioner that smelled ~oh so great, blowered it and then when I touched it, it transformed into a super smooth hair. She also put on hair extensions on my hair since longer hair suits my face structure better.

 

Then after that she put unknown things on my face, scrubbed my body and instructed me on how to properly take care of my body.

 

The last ‘activity’ is when she examined my body structure before she picked up clothes which she forced me to wear. Though it is embarrassing to confess she’s the one who literally put clothes to me.

 

“So what do you think?” SPEECHLESS. I definitely did not know what to say when I saw my complete transformation on the mirror. Is this really me?

 

                                                         BEFORE                                                                                                    AFTER

 

 

My full bangs were restored but my messy clothes were ditched and were replaced by a cute chic dress. Nothing special really changed on my face, it’s just that my glasses were nowhere to be found.

 

“It’s not that hard to improve your features, you’re not really ugly to begin with.” Kkotip unni smiled at me. Then her lips whispered to my ears. “Now you’re prepared for the real date.”

 

As if on cue, the door to the salon opened up and Woohyun reappeared on my sight.

Will he recognize me?

 

Dug

Dug

Dug

Dug

Dug

Dug

 

He is coming a lot, lot closer to me and I found myself retreating as he stepped closer to me. Soon enough, I found my back touching the hard, cold wall and myself trapped on his arms.

Woohyun lowered his head until his eyes can directly look unto mine.

What the heck is he doing?!

I bit my upper lip and averted from his gaze, his right hand, though, moved to touch my chin and gently lifted my face for him to have a better view.

I took a big gulp and closed my eyes.

Wait? Why do I have to close my eyes again?! I’m not expecting another bluff kiss am I?

I just opened my eyes again when my left ear quivered from his voice.

“Ya, time for our real date.” Eh?!

 

So we will really go to a date?!

 

 

YES!

 

 

Ah I mean

 

 

 

WHAT?

 

~0.0~

 

Author's Note: There, there. Sorry for the super late update. My schedule wasn't followed because of school works. But I hope this chapter could satisfy you. hehe. By the way I'll try to update this wednesday. 'cause I really think this chapter is too short. well I hope you'll like this chapter!

 

Please do click the subscribe button for the nonsubscribers and please do leave a comment ^^

 

Also a zillion thanks to those whe were kind enough to leave a comment. If it is not too much I hope you can leave a comment once again. 

 

To my beloved 29 subscribers this chapter is for you!       

 

Next: 

Chapter Eight: Your first date