Chapter Five: The Deal

What He Did For Love

 

Author’s Note: I hate typing “Woohyun’s point of view” and such because I think it ruins the mood of the story so here is your guide to know whether the point of view has shifted.

P.S. This story will be told from now on only in two point of views, yours and Woohyun’s.

 

LEGEND: -o- This signifies the shifting of point of view.

 

 

  “You !” Hannah was about to attack her but I stopped her. “I guess that would teach you not to touch my boyfriend.” Boyfriend? Say that to my , as far as I can remember Woohyun is single.

 

                “Boyfriend? *chuckle* Is he informed already?” Eunjung destroyed my lunch, this is war!

 

                “He will be, after that he will ask my hand for marriage.”

 

                “Trust me after that he will ask for a break up.” The other people who were eating in the cafeteria were  watching us with delight.

 

                “Ya! I’m telling you one of this days he will be head over heels with me.” Someone please wake this witch from dreaming.

 

                “I’m afraid that won’t ever happen since I already belong to someone else.” Woohyun butted in, his eyes looking at Eunjung while his hands were holding my bento.

 

                “You are?!” All of the female inside the cafeteria uttered, I hate to admit but even I did so.

 

                “Yes.” He confirmed with a smile                           a sly smile.

 

                “B-but with whom?” Eunjung asked almost tearful.

 

 

 

                “Actually you were talking to her just a few seconds ago.”

 

 

Chapter Five: The Deal

 

 

                Everyone in the cafeteria frozen up, as if they could not believe what they had just heard. Even I was unable to move, holding my breath, waiting for Woohyun to say the phrase ‘Just Kidding.’

                “What?! No way, she’s too plain, she’s so ugly! Why her? Why not me?!” Eunjung complained like a three year old kid, her hands were clutching Woohyun’s vest.

                “Because I love her, by the way dare to lay a finger even just on the strands of her hair and you’ll rot in hell, right away.” Woohyun said with authority in his voice as he removed the hands of Eunjung from him.

                “No! No I’m not your girlfriend!” I shouted slash protested as soon as I regained my composure.

                “You rejected me because of this duck?!” Minkyung stood up from her seat and uttered in disbelief and humiliation.

                “I told you I am not his girl!”

                “Oh come on my princess we no longer have to hide our relationship.” What is this guy blabbering about? And the heck with PRINCESS????

                Woohyun walked towards me and encircled his right arm around my waist, pulling me a lot closer to him. *gulp*

                Dang, I can’t deny he smells so darn good. T.T

                “I can’t believe this that ugly creature had the guts to confess to you?” Eunjung continued to protest.

                “She didn’t, I was the one who confessed to her.” Woohyun announced so much to the astonishment of everyone in the cafeteria.

                “I knew there’s something going on between the two of you.” Sunggyu commented much to my dismay, Why does he has to be here at this moment?!!!!

                Pissed off I did the unthinkable, my right hand, with great force, slapped Woohyun’s right cheek.

                The crowd gasped but before they could react violently to my deed, I walked out of the cafeteria.

-v-

 

                Lunch time was over and time passed by surprisingly really quick. I’m still depressed though, everyone believed what Woohyun had said, even my cousin Hannah and the man of my fantasy Kim Sunggyu.

                But I wouldn’t deny the fact that Woohyun’s gestures puzzles me.

                Why does he have to lie? Why did he say in front of everyone that I am his girl even though I am not? Plus the fact that he is already in love with someone else?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

                Perhaps it is to save me from those bullies.

 

                And perhaps it is because maybe, just maybe he has weird tastes in women.

 

                Dismissal time came, I was expecting that my schoolmates would bully me for slapping Woohyun or that they would flock over me to interrogate. But to my surprise they did not.

                “Ne, since Woohyun is already your boy I guess he ought to be the one who’ll wait for until your done with your cleaning duties and walk you home.” Hannah Lee teased as she grabbed her shoulder bag.

                “Mou, how many times do I have to make this clear? Nam Woohyun is not my boyfriend.” I said but I’m sure Hannah did not listen to me.

 

                I left out a dejected sigh after cleaning everything inside the class. I finally picked up my bag and decided to go home.

                Before I reach the stairs a stranger grabbed me from behind and whispered ‘Do not move or else you’ll regret it.’ I was about to turn around to see who it was but the stranger quickly blindfolded my eyes.

                The stranger dragged me down the stairs, will I get bullied again? But didn’t Woohyun warned them not to touch me? Then why is this happening to me? Maybe it is to get back at me for slapping their precious Woohyun.

                “Please don’t hurt me.” I pleaded, I know it is embarrassing but hey, I’m blindfolded here, if something bad were to happen to me I don’t know who to blame.

               

                I’m starting to feel really nervous and afraid after walking for so many minutes, but those feelings took a sudden turn when the stranger finally let go of me and took off my blindfold.

                Words were nowhere to be found when I saw my entire classmates, including my cousin Hannah Lee, all lined up in front of me holding an impromptu banner which states:

 

“Princess ____________, your knight Nam Woohyun is begging for your forgiveness.”

 

                As if on cue, the crowd were divided into two and moved, sideways. And there I saw what they were hiding from my sight.

                Nam Woohyun was sitting on a chair, there is a mic in front of him and an acoustic guitar on his hands. He flashed his warm and bright smile at me before his soft lips opened up and started to sing…

 

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EL6poipCCk)

 

Did time stop again?

Is it going to fall asleep like this again?

While staring blankly outside

I’m thinking about you with my two eyes closed

-

Even though time is passing by again

I’m going back to that time again

Although I try hard to find everything in your memories

-

I’m here all alone, I’m crying

As my tears stopped I’m laughing but

After leaving you alone

I’m wandering around here with memories I can’t erase

 

 

                My body frozen up, and goose bumps could be felt everywhere. My eyes still cannot believe what it sees, ‘cause I cannot fathom why the heck  Nam Woohyun is doing this. Really if there is someone who ought to beg for forgiveness that should be me.

 

 

“My princess, please forgive me.I didn’t know the reason why you slapped me, but I am sorry. I won’t do it again I swear. So my princess if you could, I’m begging you, forgive me. Forgive your knight please.” He said, sincerity is written all over his face.

 

 

 

 

“Oh come on, forgive him already!” Hannah commanded me, what is she doing there?! waah! Now the more she won’t believe that Woohyun’s not dating me.

“Ya! Ugly girl stop playing so hard to get!” One of my classmates shouted, apparently annoyed by the affection Woohyun is showing me.?

“Yeah! Especially when your face is already hard to like!” Ouch! That hurt you jerk!

 

“She’s so lucky right for a man as handsome as Nam Woohyun to fall in love with her.” I heard a freshmen student who happened to pass by whisper.

 

Well I admit my heart melted because of his actions and that it is a mystery on how come I am the only one who could hear the beatings of my heart. Indeed maybe Woohyun is doing all of these because he has feelings for me.

Well, yeah, dream on.

 

My feet moved on its own and brought me closer to Woohyun. He flashed another heart pounding smile and I swear his face turned into a giant tomato when I hugged him.

 

Yes, you read it right, I hugged him in front of everyone.

 

And I swear I was astonished when they cheered for us. Waah! I really thought they hated the thought of me dating Nam Woohyun.

                “Thanks everyone, now my princess has forgiven me.” Woohyun expressed his gratitude before he inched his face a lot closer to me.

                Will he kiss me?

                Woohyun’s face continued to cascade towards mine, my eyes were completely smitten by his pinkish, so soft looking lips.

                I closed my eyes, anticipating for his lips to gently collide against mine.

               

                Only for me to open it abruptly when I felt something soft touch my forehead.

                I flashed a baffled look at him, but Woohyun’s lips continued to move downwards until it reached the tip of my nose. And then he returned my hug, a hundred times tighter, to the point I cannot breathe any longer.  

*Dug*

 

*Dug*

 

*Dug*

 

*Dug*

 

*Dug*

 

Now where did those heartbeats come from?!

 

-o-

 

                “Woohyun-ah d-do you have any feelings for me?” I spurted the soda I was drinking, caught off guard by your question.

                ‘Is it that obvious?’

                We were currently inside Mcdonald’s, we headed there right after I serenaded you. It was you who insisted to come here because your tummy is already grumbling so loud. I ordered you a chicken burger while I just picked large fries together with my soda.

                “Sorry but I already like someone else.” I dropped the tissue I had used to wipe my mouth clean as if I was burned by it.

                “I, I know you’re kind and that you’re really handsome and that you really do smell good. B-but my heart is only for Kim Sunggyu.”

                My heart shattered into gazillion of pieces, I know that the reason why I love you is because of your honesty but darn! I didn’t expect you to be too blunt. I never thought you’d say that you love Kim Sunggyu, my best friend right in my face.

                “So-“ You were about to speak again but I interrupted you, I was afraid you’d say something again that would break my heart once more.

                “Ya duckling! You really thought that I would like someone like you? *smirk* I have taste you know? The girl I like really do have a face of a goddess, there’s no way I’d like you.” I mocked you for this is the only thing I can do to mask my hurting heart.

                “I-I already know that, I was just confused by your gestures.” You excused yourself as you took a bite on your burger.

                Hmmm, why did I do all those crazy things?

                ONE. I claimed that you’re my girl partly because I want them to stop bullying you but mostly because I really want to announce to them that you are my girl. That if ever I will have a girlfriend that would be you, no one else. Just you.

                SECOND. I asked our classmates to help me because I know that you were saddened about the remarks of Sunggyu. And that you slapped me because I pissed you off. And I want to uplift your spirit. I want to make up for what I did. I asked your cousin Hannah about the sweetest thing you want a guy to do for you, so I serenaded you and hugged you in front of the class. I want you to know that I am willing to do every embarrassing stuff just to see you smile, just to see you beam with happiness.

                THIRD. I kissed you in your eyes and in your nose because I want our first real kiss to happen when we are already a real couple.

 

                “Because it’s convenient for me.” I said, rather I lied.

                “Wae?”

                “I said that you were my girl so that no one would confess to me anymore. I’ve had enough of turning down every single girl who likes me. Then you slapped me, which makes me the bad guy. I don’t want to ruin my image ya’know? That’s why I asked our classmates to do what they did and that’s why I serenaded you in front of them. I want them to know err think that I’m serious with you.” I don’t know if is it just me or you were really saddened with my reasoning?

                “Tomorrow, I’ll confess everything. I’ll tell them that it’s just all lies.” You said with that cold tone of your voice.

                “I’ll help you.” I abruptly said stopping you from what you want to do. Please even just for now be my girlfriend.

                “What?”

                “I’ll help you win his heart.” I said, begged, with my desperate eyes looking straight at yours.

 

                I don’t know how my heart managed to break more when I saw your face lightened up.

                You smiled at the thought of me helping you win his heart.

 

~0.0~

 

Author’s Note: There there there! Sorry for the super long update. I really wish you’d enjoy and like reading this new update of mine!

 

Ah by the way, I won’t be updating unless I get at least three comments and at least three new subscribers. Please do understand, these past few chapters did not receive any comments from people I don’t know and that really broke my heart. That is also the reason why I rarely update. For I’m thinking that you don’t really like reading this.

 

Please do leave a comment, let me have a glimpse on your thoughts when you’re reading this. Please?

Please also do click the subscribe button for those who haven’t subscribed yet.

 

A million of thanks in advance to those who will respond ^.^

P.S. A zillion of thanks to my EIGHT new subscribers, and to my 23 subscribers this chapter is for you! Hope you’d appreciate this.

 

Again THANK YOU!

 

~BLUEMENTRIT