Chapter One: Upclose with the School's Heartthrob

What He Did For Love

“Mr. Nam, I guess the fans are really curious about this, have you ever been in love?”  One Sunday evening paparazzi asked the most over confident member of , the lovable, Infinite namely Nam Woohyun.

“Well, I am made of millions of cells just like every ordinary human being, and I am a hundred and one percent sure that I do posses a heart. So I guess the answer is yes. Yes I have been in love before.”  Nam Woohyun cleverly answered.

“Very funny Mr. Nam” The media man remarked. “Then is it okay if I’d ask you, what did you do for love?” The media man added.

Nam Woohyun paused for a moment, his eyes were filled of sadness for a moment, and a bitter sweet smile ensued on his face.

“Do you want to know what I did for love?” Woohyun returned the question.

“I wouldn’t be asking you that If I don’t.” The media man answered.

“I helped the one I love be the most gorgeous woman in the eyes of the man she loves.” He sincerely answered.

Yes, the greatest thing he did for love was when he turned the ugliest duckling his entire school have ever seen into a beautiful, gorgeous swan. Sounds like a fairy tale. For the girl yes it is, it may be the loveliest fairy tale ever written. But for Nam Woohyun, that fairy tale is a tale of horror he would rather forget.

“Nothing is more painful than watching the one you love, love someone else.”

Nam Woohyun cringed upon remembering that cliché adage. For sure, whoever said that had never been in his shoe.

Of course there’s something more painful than that, it ishelping the one you love, be loved by the one she/he loves.

 

A frown ensued on Nam Woohyun’s handsome face, as the memories of the things he did for love flooded his thoughts.

 

 

Chapter One: Upclose With The School’s Heartthrob.

“Here comes the bride dressed all in light
Radiant and lovely she shines in his sight
Gently she glides graceful as a dove”

The wedding march “Here Comes the Bride” echoed on the background, surrounding the small church with a very soothing atmosphere.

You slowly marched towards the priest and the groom whom you’ll marry. A sweet smile ensued on your face as the thought of marrying the man of your dreams entered your mind. The left hand of the man you are about to marry gently touched your right hand, and enveloped it with his own.

            The priest began the wedding rites.

            “You son of Adam, do you take this daughter of Eve as your lawful wife? To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; and Do you  promise to be faithful to her until death do you apart?”

            “I do.” Your husband to be abruptly answered.

            “You daughter of Eve, do you take this son of Adam as your lawful husband? To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; and Do you  promise to be faithful to him until death do you apart?”

            “I do” You answered with a sweet smile plastered on your face.

            “I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

            Both of your hands gripped each other tightly, as your breath quivered in excitement. You saw your groom’s hands gently held your wedding veil and raised it up.

            Your eyes enlarged, you were caught off guard upon seeing the face of your husband.

            For sure he is not the one whom you thought you are gonna marry.

            Though his handsome face is quite  familiar.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIInnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnGGGGGGGG

            You suddenly rose from your bed upon hearing the deafening sound of your alarm clock. You glanced at your clock and complained.

            “Mou! It’s already 7:30, Umma! Why didn’t you wake me up?” You shouted from your room, as you swiftly grabbed your blue blazer uniform. After dressing into your uniform you hurriedly ran a comb in your bob styled black hair.

            “So it was just a dream huh, *sigh* I wonder who my groom to be is. I hope some miracle would happen so it would be Kim Sunggyu.” You said to yourself as you glanced at your reflection on the life sized mirror inside your pink coated room.

            “Yaa Miyazaki _________, hurry up and go down breakfast is ready!” You heard your mother’s call and so you went downstairs toward your small dining hall.

            “Good morning.” You greeted your mother and your father. “Where’s Hannah Lee?” You asked them about your cousin.

            “She already went ahead of you.” You listened to the answer of your mother as you eat a delicious piece of pancake.

            “Iss yow foshz for nii wkasjfijis me ush.” (It’s your fault for not waking me up.)

            You finished eating one piece of pancake and headed to the bathroom to brush your teeth. After that you went to the shoe cabinet near the door of your house, picked up and wore your black shoes.

            “Umma, I’m going now.” You said to your mother. You’re about to turn the knob of the door when your mother has spoken.

            “Aren’t you gonna bid goodbye to your father?” You rolled your eyes before you obliged.

            “Otou-san, itekimasu!” You said with a hint of a sarcastic sweetness in your voice.

And so you dashed your way to your school.

 

By the way your name is Miyazaki ___________. Your mother is Korean while your father is Japanese. You’re just a normal senior high student enrolled in a prominent academy named Academy of the Noble Cross. It is a private school located in the province of Chungcheong.

 Your school is popularly known for having good looking students (Though it is not mandatory). This is the sole reason why you quite stand out in the whole academy. You wish that it is because you are the fairest among them all and not because you are, unfortunately, the ugliest girl in school.

You are about to enter through the gate of your school when you accidentally bumped into the guy in front of you.

“I’m sorry.” You apologized; you bowed in 90 degrees and swiftly turned your back from the one you bumped. You continued to run your way to your homeroom because you’ve only got about 10 minutes before your first class start.

Ten minutes may be a sufficient time if only your homeroom is not located on the farthest room on the fourth floor.

You peeked inside your homeroom class and almost cursed when you have seen your homeroom adviser was already inside the class.

Gently, you opened the door of your class, and uttered “Goodmorning sunsengnim I’m sorry I’m late may I come in?” With your head bowed, again, in 90 degrees.

“Ah, goodmorning my precious student, please do come in.” Hearing the cheerful and positive response of your teacher, you raised your head and entered the class with a smile on your face.

“Miyazaki ____________, what do you think are you doing? Entering inside my class without my permission” You were surprised by the sudden change in the tone of the voice of your teacher.

“Eh? But you said that I could come in.” You reasoned out.

“I’m not referring to you; it is Nam Woohyun whom I permitted to come in.” Your classmates’ laughter echoed in the room.

You turned around and were surprised to see the school’s heartthrob, Nam Woohyun standing right behind you.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” You stepped aside and gave way to Nam Woohyun, he on the other hand just glanced at you with no emotion what so ever on his face.

“Now he thinks I’m a complete pabo.” You said to yourself.

“Then may I come inside too?” You inquired as Woohyun sat on his seat.

“You can’t, you were late.” Your homeroom adviser mercilessly said.

“B-but you let him inside, isn’t he late too?” You protested.

“Ms. Miyazaki __________ out!” Your homeroom adviser insisted, her index finger was pointing at the door.

You let out a sigh and dejectedly went out of the room. You stood outside the room, and bit your lower lip as tears came running from your eyes. Once again you experienced another painful discrimination.

Suddenly a hand holding a blue Pierre Cardin handkerchief appeared in front of you. You raised your head to see who it belongs to, only to be welcomed by Woohyun.

“I don’t need your sympathy.” You bitterly said towards Woohyun.

Woohyun’s left hand grabbed your right arm, as his right hand, which is holding the blue handkerchief, moved to wipe the tears on your eyes.

“W-why are you doing this?” Your quivering voice asked Woohyun.

“You’re crying, my mother said I should not let a girl cry in front of me, but  you were already crying so this is the least I could do.” He sincerely answered as he continued to wipe your tears.

“I, T-Thank you.” You thanked him as your left hand grabbed his right wrist to stop him from wiping your tears.

Woohyun’s right hand which was holding the hanky reached out to you, you on the other hand clutched the handkerchief and murmured another thank you.

“Why are you here anyways” You asked, breaking the deafening silence which ensued between the two of you.

“Standing outside the room with you, as a punishment for being late.” Woohyun answered not bothering to look at your face.

“B-but, didn’t she already permit you to come inside?” You asked again, baffled why the heck he was there with you.

“She didn’t let you come in because you were late, I’m late too. If I were to come inside even with her permission then that would be unfair to you, wouldn’t it?” Woohyun answered, this time his eyes looked straight to yours.

A smile automatically ensued on your face as you heard Woohyun’s sincere answer.

“There, doesn’t a smile suit your face better than a frown?” Woohyun remarked.

“Now I’m not wondering why girls are head over heels for you.” You stated.

“Ya ___________ why are you even wondering about that? Isn’t it obvious that it is because of my face?” Woohyun, oozing with confidence, said.

“Mou, now you’re being a bit conceited. You’re lucky God blessed you with a handsome face. While I, on the other hand-“

“Don’t say that _________.” Woohyun interrupted you.

“Why not? It is the truth anyway. I’m a girl who is unfortunately “blessed” with a 4’11 height. My eyes are not big and round unlike those beautiful girls in our class. My nose is not pointy and my lips are not kissable. My hair is not straight and shiny; it’s also not curly and bouncy. My skin is neither smooth nor fair. Add to that the glasses that I wear everyday.” You pointed out. “I’m ugly, probably the ugliest girl in this academy.”

“Alright indeed you are ugly.” Woohyun stated with an annoyed expression on his face. “But it’s not because of your height or your facial features or your hair or your skin or your glasses. You are ugly because you consider yourself as one.” Woohyun added before he started walking away from you.

“W-where are you going?” Stuttering, you asked him.

“Somewhere, I don’t want to be near an ugly girl like you.” Woohyun answered, he paused on his track, and his head slightly turned to your direction and added, “By the way girls with glasses will never be ugly in my eyes.” Woohyun, then, started to walk away again.

 

You bit your lower lip after realizing what you’ve done. Well you just pushed away the first, err no, the second person who has been kind to an ugly girl like you.

Your left hand clutched your heart, though you’re already used from being called ugly, still your heart felt a pang of pain from hearing Woohyun’s voice calling you that.

“Mou Miyazaki _____________ you are not only ugly but also a fool.” You said to yourself as you watch Nam Woohyun drift away from your sight.

 

~0.0~

 

A/N: There you go. Done with the first chapter. I really hope you’d like and enjoy this chapter. And thank you for allotting time, reading this story. Please do leave a comment, and for the non subscribers please do click the subscribe button. Again thank you.

~Special thanks to the first five who subscribed to my story. I really hope you’d like this.

Ja minna have a nice day *bows*