Chapter Nine: The Date

What He Did For Love

 

This chapted is dedicated to my 44 subscribers who never gave up on this story.  I really hope that you still haven't given up on me. and to my new readers, Please do give this story a shot. 

Thank you again and please to the non-subscribers, please do click the subscribe button, and please do leave a comment, just so I would know whether you're still reading this.

anyway here it is.

~Bluementrit

 

Chapter Eight: The Date

 

 

This starts with your point of view

 

 

 

 

                “Did you have fun?” Sunggyu asked me as we stood outside the gate of my house/

                My eyes wondered and stared at his small eyes, I waited for the rushing of blood on my headd but *poof* nothing happeend.

                Did I really have fun?

               

 

*FLASH BACK*

 

                “____________” The tears automatically stopped from falling and a shiver ran down my spine.

                “Sunggyu?” I uttered in disbelief. What is he doing here?

                He did not answer, instead his hand went inside his pocket to pull out a blue handkerchief, and offered it to me.

                Not wasting any seconds, my left hand accepted the handkerchief to wipe the tears on my eyes.

                Weird, how did he know it is me?

“Woohyun called me and said he has an emergency to attend to so umm, if it’s alright with you I’ll be your date for today.” Sunggyu told me as his right hand scratched his not itching hair.

0.0

>.<

O.O

 

 

Tell me he did not say that?!

 

“So?”

 

“It’s perfectly fine with me.” I answered, trying to contain the happiness I’m feeling in my heart.

 

 

We were walking along the theme park when we stumbled upon an old man selling balloons of all colors, shapes and sizes.

“Would you like some, miss?” The old man asked, he has wrinkles all over his forehead and wore humongous eyeglasses that did little to help his vision. His teeth, though were still complete and white.

“Yes sir.” I answered as my left hand hurriedly searched for a bill, I took it out of my pocket but before I could hand my payment, Sunggyu held my left wrist, stopping me from doing so.

“I’ll pay for it.” Sunggyu did not evven bother to wait for my response, he pulled out a 100 won from his wallet and smiled as he handed the bill to the old man.

“Thank you very much.” The old man uttered as he handed me a big green T-REX shaped balloon, I don’t know why but it reminded me of Dongwoo.

“You better let your brother tie the balloon on your wrist.” What did he say? Let my brother tie the balloon on my wrist? Heck last time I checked, I don’t have a brother.

“Is he not your brother?” The old man asked with guilt stricken on his face when he saw the frown on my face. “Too bad though, I thought your lover was the guy who was with you earlier.”

It took me an entire minute before the words he had uttered sunk on my mind.

He seriously thought Woohyun plus me equates to love?

I couldn’t help but blush when my mind entertained the thought of me and Woohyun being lovers. I mean, his hands would perfectly fit into mine.

“You got that right Ahjussi, her boyfriend is the man who was with her earlier, he just took off because of an emergency.” Sunggyu politely explained and bade goodbye to the old man.

 

0.0

 

“Here, let me put it on for you.” Sunggyu said, breaking the silence that was about to deafen us. I entrusted my left wrist to him and gently, he tied the balloon on my wrist. “There, this way, it will be easy for me to spot you.” And for the nth time, Sunggyu flashed his white pearls as his already small eyes completely disappeared.

“Thanks.”

 

That day passed by rather quickly, we rode every ride we had seen, including the carousel. I swear my heart almost leaped out of my body when we tried the coaster of terror.

We also tried the classic bump car and that stupid flying octopus.

At the end of the day Sunggyu treated me a delicious strawberry shortcake.

 

-End-

 

 

I can say I did have fun, well somehow, I mean after all, this is what I have been asking for right? A date with the man of my fantasy, Sunggyu.

I nodded at him and he heaved a sigh of relief as if he would be saddened if I did not enjoy his company.

“Then I’ll be going.” Sunggyu waved at me and was about to walk away when he turned to look at me and said. “By the way __________, you look pretty today.”

My lips curved into a smile, I really wanted this day to be perfect, so far so good and yet why do I have the feeling that something has been missing.

“Sunggyu, will you hug me?” I did not know what came over me or how I gathered enough courage to do this.

Sunggyu walked closer to me and then flashed an understanding smile.

“You know Woohyun might kill me if he sees this, but *sighs* whatever.” And then,

 

*BOOMSHAKALAKA*

 

I found myself tucked in beneath his embrace. For a second I felt like no one in this world could ever harm me.

A few seconds passed and I knew I have to break free from his grasp, with a sigh I let his go and for the last time Sunggyu smiled at me before he disappeared from my sight.

That night, I realized what was missing, the pounding heartbeats of my heart.

 

 

“So how was your day?” Caught off guard by his heavenly voice, I turned around abruptly, only to realize how close Woohyun was to me.

*Dug*Dug**Dug*Dug**Dug*Dug**Dug*Dug**Dug*Dug*

 

Oh, they there are. My missing heartbeats were with Woohyun all along.

 

 

 

Wait

 

 

 

What?

 

No, no, no, no, no, no, NO!!!

There’s no way my heart would pound this fast just because of Nam Woohyun’s presence.

“Earth to Miyazaki ____________” A shiver ran down my spine upon feeling his cold breath.

Getting impatient and frustrated, Woohyun leaned down to me, almost closing the gap between our faces.

And before I realized what was happening, my hand moved on its own and,

BRATATATATATATATATATA!

 

Somebody kill me now! Oh wait, I don’t need any volunteers since I’m a hundred and ten percent sure someone here is willing to end my life more than anyone else.

“Ya! What did you do that for?” I could tell by his voice how furious he was to me, and the sad part was, I couldn’t blame him, I mean I slapped him hard on his face.

WAIT. What the heck would I do if it leaves a mark on his handsome face? Not only Woohyun would kill me but his entire fans club as well.

I’m dead meat for sure. The girls know no mercy. For sure, they’ll hire an assassin and then I will be tortured. My hair will be shoved off and they’ll pluck out all of my hair. (on my legs, armpits and you-know-what!)

I reached out and touched your cheeks, checking if there’ll be a bruise on your face. I admit I’m worried, partly because I’m scared of you and your fans but mostly because I hurt you.

 

-o-

 

A dejected sigh escaped from my lips, damn this feelings of mine, I can’t even stay mad at you or be mad at you rather.

“Forget it, just answer my question, how was your day?” I repeated for the 2nd time. There’s really no point in asking you the reason behind your action. I just, feel terrible.

I saw you and heard you asking for a hug from Sunggyu. And it pained me when that ugly friend of mine gladly obliged. And it pained me even more when I saw your extremely happy face.

In that very moment, I tried real hard to compose myself, to prevent myself from turning into a green-eyed monster and to stop myself from going berserk because I’m afraid I might kill Sunggyu. I mean seriously if It’s a hug you want then I’d gladly give it to you with a matching kiss on your lips. All you gotta do is to ask me for one. Ask ME, ME. Not Sunggyu or anyone else.

“It’s your fault you know.” My jaw mentally dropped on the floor upon hearing what you said.

“Pardon? You slapped me, too damn hard it won’t be a surprise if it leaves a mark on my face and now you’re telling me it’s my fault? HA!” You are driving me nuts. “Do enlighten me.”

“You left me without notice; of course I’ll be mad at you.”

                “Well, if you put it that way then I’m sorry. You didn’t have to slap me though, especially when it seems like you really enjoyed my substitute’s company.” I couldn’t help myself from being jealous. I know I don’t have the right to be, but what can I do? That’s what I’m feeling.

 

                “Well there’s nothing wrong with that, he is my ultimate crush, having a date with his is the most awaited event of my life.”

 

-o-

 

                I reasoned out, there’s no way in hell that I would admit that I slapped him merely because he was too damn close and that I could feel his cold breath and that my heart is rapidly pounding, add to that the fact that I blushed just because of his presence.

                No way, he might find out the strange stupid freaky feelings I’m starting to harbor for him.

                And I’m scared.

                Not because he would make fun of me, but because he might withdraw himself from being associated with me.

                Wait.    

                Wait right there.

                Did I just, *gulp* seriously admitted to myself that I am having feelings for him?

 

                Well I’m not sure, but all throughout the day I felt nothing but comfort at Sunggyu’s company. Not like before. Before just one glance from him and *poof* I would almost die. But now? He touched my wrist, wiped my tears, showered me with kindness and hugged me, but my heart was as calm as it could ever be.

                And the events before? Oh God why haven’t I noticed the signs?

                The beatings of my heart when I was with Woohyun, it’s always been that way. I don’t remember being with him without my heart attempting to break free from my body.

I can only think of one thing, my love for Sunggyu has completely depleted. Mentally I left out a bitter chuckle. I’ve been in love with him for two years but just a few days with Woohyun completely wiped out my love for Sunggyu. Now the love turned in mere admiration.

Oh why? Oh why oh why oh why?!

At least with Sunggyu I have a 30 percent chance but with Woohyun? If I’ll be blessed enough then it’s 10 percent.

The expression on Woohyun’s face hardened upon hearing my excuse.

“Anyway I’m sorry, by the way what are you doing here?”

“I, I just got out of your house, I visited Hannah.” Wait, what?!

“I thought there’s an emergency?” Woohyun did not response, and blood was drained from his face. As pale as a snow his face turned out, signifying that he’s been caught red handed.

“Are you telling me that the emergency is Hannah?!” Blood rushed on my face, I know I’m blushing right now but this time, it’s not because I’m being sappy, it’s because I’m upset. He abandoned me in the middle of a date just so he could be with my cousin. Talk about humiliation.

“Why are you so upset?” Don’t ask me why I don’t know either.

“Guess it is that much of an emergency considering the fact that you have to lie to me.” Woohyun looked at me with disbelief written on his eyes.

“I don’t even have anything to explain to you.” Oh right, I’m not his real girlfriend.

“So the girl of your dreams is Hannah. Yeah right, how could I be so damn dumb? I mean it’s so obvious. When you offered your help to hook me up with Sunggyu, I knew it’s too good to be true. Now I know what the catch is. You want me to hook you up with my cousin. Guess what Woohyun, it won’t be happening.” I smirked before turning my back on him. I was about to get inside the yard when he held me on my wrist.

“Is that how you see me in your eyes? An A+ ?” I gulped as he looked straight into my eyes. “Guess what _______, your cousin confessed to me way back our freshmen year, I turned her down. I don’t have feelings for her before and I don’t have feelings for her now. So before you jump into conclusions and judge how bad my character is, open your eyes first. There’s more to me than what your mere eyes have seen.”

 

 

~0.0~

 

 

I don’t know how long I stayed out before Hannah pulled me inside the house. I can’t believe how ty my luck is.

A mocking laugh escaped from my lips and Hannah just stared at me as if another head popped out of my neck. Thinking about what had happened I realized how stupid I could get. I started a fight just because I’m having silly feelings for him. Feelings I did not want since the beginning.

And because of that silly feelings I have hurt Nam Woohyun, the only man in the entire academy who cared enough to make me beautiful. At least for today. And what did I do in exchange? I stomped on his great personality.

Oh dear God, I really am going nuts.

 

 

To be continued.