Chapter Four: The Day You Became His Girl.

What He Did For Love

 

Chapter Four: The Day You Became His Girl.

 

                "That's all for today, students take your bow." My favorite teacher announced. Yes! Another school day has been finished and what makes me more happy is that we have no assignment for today.

 

                "Ah, Miyazaki ________, someone's looking for you." One of my classmates said as I shoved my notes inside my blue school bag. I peeked wondering who it was, Hmm, strange I don't recognize their faces.    

                "So the rumors are true." One of the three girls with brown curly hair stated as she looked at me with judging eyes after I went out of the room to meet them.       

                "What rumors?" I asked them, completely baffled by their sudden appearance.

                "That you're the ugliest girl in the campus." I knew it! I shouldn't have asked that stupid question.

                I turned my back against them after hearing that painful remark. I knew that they don't have any serious business with me and that they are just one of those stupid bimbos fooling around.

                “Ya! I’m not yet done talking to you.” The curly hair girl grabbed my shoulder roughly and pulled me towards her.

                “What do you want?” Really I have no idea about their purpose on coming here.

                “I heard you held hands with Woohyun during lunch break. “The girl with squinty eyes said as she moved closer to me.

                “No I didn’t” ‘Cause in my mind it is Sunggyu who I held hands with. Teehee *v*

                “AW!” I felt my right cheek sting from the hard core slap the girl with overwhelming fats gave me.

                “You dared to lie? We have some proof.” Fatso added as she showed me her phone flashing a photo of me and Woohyun holding hands.

                Seriously what’s the big deal about that? After that incident girls from my class quickly flocked over me and bombarded me with questions similar to this.

                “*gulp* I didn’t lie, I did not hold his hand, he was the one who held my hand.” I said, oozing with confidence believing that honesty is the best policy.

                “You’re getting cocky aren’t you?” Oops, wrong move, seems like I just angered them more. Without warning Fatso pushed me on the ground with my face flat on the floor.

                “Ya! What happened between the two of you is just an act of charity.” The girl with the squinty eyes said as she sat on my back and pulled my hair.

                I gulped, trying to suppress the pain I’m feeling from showing, because there’s no way in hell I would let them know that I am affected by their rough gestures. And I swear this is no easy task especially when I noticed that students who haven’t gone home yet surrounded us, watching with delight as these three… stuck up freaks bully me.

                “Listen, Woohyun just let you held his hand because he sympathized with you since you’re so ugly nobody even tried to touch your hand.” Curled hair said after she knelt and leaned down to come face to face with me.

                “Someone please hand me an umbrella, droplets of rain coming from showered my face.” I hissed through gritted teeth, feigning defiance, afraid to admit defeat.

                “Woah” The crowd cheered, stupid jerks.

                “You do have some guts.” Curly hair nodded at fatso as if signaling her to do something horrific. Fatso on the other hand quickly stood up from seating at my back, while curly hair grabbed my hair and forcefully stood me up. Without wasting any moment, squinty eyes; hand hauled up in the air, I acting on instinct closed my eyes. Anticipating that excruciating slap.

 

-o-

 

                *Yawn* Man, afternoon nap on the infirmary room sure is the best, especially when you’ve had enough of the teacher’s boring lectures.

                “Eh.” I uttered when my eyes gazed on my right hand, my lips automatically curved up in a smile when I remembered what happened this lunch break.

 

                I held her hand

 

 

 

 

                I held her hand

 

 

                I held her hand

 

 

 

 

 

                I held her hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

               

 

I mentally jumped from joy and screamed from happiness. Man, Woohyun this is your lucky day!

Hmm, I must celebrate! I wonder what I should cook for dinner tonight. Ah, I also have to write this in my journal.

I was about to exit from the gate when I realized one thing.

 

 

 

 

I don’t have my school bag with me.

Aish! How could I forget that I left it in our classroom?

Pabo! Pabo! Pabo!

 

And so I, who had no choice, walked back to our room. Damn and it’s on the 4th floor, seriously one of these days I’d ask the principal to add an elevator exclusive for my use only.

Stupid me, as if that kind of fantasy will ever happen.

 

 

                Strange, why is there a crowd of people making noise just outside our room? Sensing a deep trouble, I walked in fast pace towards our room and asked a bystander on what’s this hullabaloo all about.

                “Ah, it’s the ugly duckling; three girls are ganging up on her.” Tell me I didn’t hear that.

 

                I forced my way inside the crowd, hoping that you’re not that hurt and that you’re putting a good fight against them.

                I cringed when I say how badly hurt you are, damn those es. I’ll make sure they pay for doing this to you. One of the girls was about to slap you on your already swollen cheeks and I was about to stop her from doing so.

                Fortunately or unfortunately a certain somebody was faster than me.

 

                Sunggyu stepped up and grabbed the girl who was about to slap you. The crowd gasped and the girl apologized, on the other hand you were so shocked to the point that you can’t even speak.

 

                “Sunggyu, bring her to the infirmary.” Sunggyu upon hearing what I commanded, assisted you and brought you to the infirmary room.

                “Show’s over morons.” I announced and the crowd quickly dispersed, I glared at those three girls and they instantly ran away. I sighed, keeping my cool I walked inside the room and grabbed my schoolbag then walked fast, heading to the infirmary.

 

 

 

 

 

I swear what I saw broke my heart.

 

-o-

 

                “Thanks.” I uttered though my eyes can’t find the courage to look at Sunggyu’s small eyes. “But, I’m wondering why you saved me,”

                “Because you’re Woohyun’s friend.” Sunggyu answered right away, and surprisingly I smiled.

                Though a part of me hoped that he would say the phrase ‘because I like you’ I still can’t deny that his response somehow made me happy.

 

 

                I see, I guess I owe this one to Woohyun.

 

                And the stupid smile remained on my face…

 

-o-

 

                “Sunggyu is the first guy who made me feel like a girl.”

                Your statement echoed on my mind as I rolled on my blue bed, add to that the scene I saw when I was about to enter inside the infirmary.

 

                Your, still beautiful (in my eyes at least), swollen face with that stupid, cute, big smile plastered on it was blushing as Sunggyu was tending your injuries.

 

                It hurts when I realized how madly, deeply in love you are with Sunggyu

 

                It hurts when I was driven into the corner, not knowing how I can be able to make you love me too

 

                It hurts how helpless I think I am.

 

                All I know is                                    it Hurts!

 

-0-

 

 

 

                BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

 

                My Hello Kitty alarm clock woke me up, and so my day started with a yawn. ‘Six a.m.’ Too early for an eight a.m. class but I did not care. All I care about is that I am in debt with Woohyun, big time.

                I went downstairs, surprised to see that my mother and my father were still not around; I went to the bathroom to wash my face. “Damn it.” I cursed upon seeing that my cheeks are still quite swollen and so do is my lips. I brushed my teeth, gently afraid to add more pain to my already bruised lips. Then after that I headed to the kitchen, wore my apron, and prepared the ingredients.

                I have to pay my debt to Woohyun…………………………………………………………. Japanese style.

 

 

                I just entered inside the school building together with Lee Hannah (who did not stop pestering me until I told her what happened to my face.) and was surprised to hear a loud scream of three girls.

                Turned out that the three witches found out that their respective lockers have been opened and that their respective belongings have been awfully wrecked.

 

                “! Who did these? Who did these?” Fatso shouted upon seeing cockroaches coming out from her stack of food.

                “My precious collection!” Curly hair screamed when she discovered her pink filled locker smudged with muds, filled with worms.

                “KyaaaaaaAH!” Squinty eyes screeched before she fainted. Apparently a fat green frog jumped on her face upon opening her locker.

 

                Whoever did these deserves my gratitude.

 

 

                My class passed by way too slow, and I can’t help myself from glancing at the clock, ten more minutes before lunch break.

                5 more minutes

                1 more painful minute

                30 sec

                10 sec

                5

 

                4

 

                3

               

                2

 

                BAM!

 

                Without wasting any minute I followed Woohyun, and just like yesterday I found myself on the rooftop once again.

                “Woohyun-sshi, t-thank you for yesterday.” Woohyun looked at me with confused eyes, I just smiled at him and gave him the bento I made this morning.

                “Then thank you too.” Woohyun said with a tint of redness on his cheeks, I wonder if he used a blush on this morning.

                I was about to go out when he suddenly gabbed my left wrist and without uttering any word he put a plastic bag on my hand then, gently he let go of me, and lightly pushed me out of the rooftop.

 

                I smiled when I saw what he gave me.

 

                A lunch bought from the convenience store.

 

                With a smile on my face I went down to the cafeteria and sat next to my cousin Hannah Lee. I was in the midst of enjoying my lunch when the queenka Eunjung appeared on my sight.

 

                “So you’re that ugly thing who dared to taint my Woohyun’s hand.” Yes I know I’m ugly but it never entered my mind that I’m a thing. Besides going on about that again? BLEH!

                “Ya! I’m talking to you.” Again I decided to ignore her; Hannah on the other hand is at her limits. I know in her mind she had already killed Eunjung                             a hundred times.  

 

                Eunjung, pissed off did the unexpected.

                Her hands smoothly moved across our table, sweeping my precious food. I glared at her but she did not waver.

                “You !” Hannah was about to attack her but I stopped her. “I guess that would teach you not to touch my boyfriend.” Boyfriend? Say that to my , as far as I can remember Woohyun is single.

                “Boyfriend? *chuckle* Is he informed already?” Eunjung destroyed my lunch, this is war!

                “He will be, after that he will ask my hand for marriage.”

                “Trust me after that he will ask for a break up.” The other people who were eating in the cafeteria were  watching us with delight.

                “Ya! I’m telling you one of this days he will be head over heels with me.” Someone please wake this witch from dreaming.

                “I’m afraid that won’t ever happen since I already belong to someone else.” Woohyun butted in, his eyes looking at Eunjung while his hands were holding my bento.

                “You are?!” All of the female inside the cafeteria uttered, I hate to admit but even I did so.

                “Yes.” He confirmed with a smile                           a sly smile.

                “B-but with whom?” Eunjung asked almost tearful.

 

                “Actually you were talking witht her just a few seconds ago.”

 

~0.0~

 

Author’s Note: Wee! Finally I’ve updated after a few weeks. Please forgive my slacking habits. Anyhoo, thanks to my fifteen subscribers.

                I hope you’d have fun reading this new chapter.

                Also thanks for reading this and please do click the subscribe button (to non- subscribers)

Also please check the trailer of this made by my friend muffinlover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzIXNoXBBWY

 

                Well then!