Chapter Two: More to Nam Woohyun Than His Handsome Face

What He Did For Love

“They judge me before even know me, that’s why I’m better off alone.” ~Shrek

It’s your lunch break you and Lee Hannah were eating inside your academy’s cafeteria.

“Mou, I can’t believe Nam Woohyun is a good guy.” You said to Hannah Lee, your cousin who happens to be your class muse, as you took a big bite on your favorite melon bread.

“Eh? Ya _________ are you trying to make me laugh? Stop kidding me, Nam Woohyun and the word good can not be put into one sentence.” Hannah Lee stated with a mocking smile on her face as she took a sip on her coca cola drink.

“Eh?” You asked your cousin, baffled by the words that came out from .

“Woohyun is popular to girls, everyday girls from different year and class confesses to him and do you know what his response is?” Hannah Lee explained.

“Don’t tell me he said yes to each and every one of them?” You asked your cousin with disbelief.

Hannah jokingly hit you on your forehead before stating, “That is why he is not good. He has never accepted any confessions yet. Girls wouldn’t even mind if he would date all of them at the same time.”

“Maybe it’s because he already likes someone else.” You suggested as you put your beloved melon bread down on the table.

“Well if that’s true then that girl must have a face on par with a goddess.” Hannah said with a sigh. “All of the girls who confessed to him possess beautiful faces and yet Nam Woohyun rejected them all. Man, Nam Woohyun’s standard must be too darn high.”

“Then sorry for having a too darn high standard.” Both you and Lee Hannah looked around to see who it was, only to find out that Nam Woohyun has been standing behind your back.

You abruptly stood up from your seat, surprised by Nam Woohyun’s sudden appearance.

“I, Ha-Hannah Lee and I were just talking about some-” Your stammering voice explained to Woohyun.

“Yeah, obviously you were having a good time talking about me.” Woohyun said bluntly with an expressionless face. But the tone of his voice was clearly hurt.

“I-” You were about to apologize when Nam Woohyun laid his right hand infront of you, as if he was asking for something. “Eh?” You uttered, not knowing what he wants from you.

“Hanky.” Woohyun answered with his frigid voice.

“Oh that.” You uttered as you searched for the blue Pierre Cardin handkerchief he has lent you awhile ago. Your shaking hands handed them over to Woohyun as soon as you found it inside your left pocket.

Woohyun abruptly picked the hanky from your hands and turned his back from you, he started to walk away from you when he stopped from his tracks and said.

“Sorry, sorry for calling you ugly.” Woohyun apologized and walked out of the academy’s cafeteria while you were left inside the cafeteria dumbfounded.

 

“What the? Miyazaki ________ why didn’t you tell me that he called you ugly huh?” An annoyed Lee Hannah asked you.

“Because it is the truth.” You honestly answered as you dejectedly sat down on your chair once again.

“How many times do I have to tell you that you are not ugly? And that the people who think you’re ugly are the real ugly ones?” Hannah lectured.

“T-then that still makes me ugly because I myself don’t think otherwise.” You stated nonchalantly as you grab your melon bread and ate it again.

“That’s it I give up.” Hannah surrendered. “Think and believe that you’re ugly as long as you want.”

“I don’t have to think and believe anymore because I AM ugly.” You said with a sigh.
“AH! I forgot something, mianhe Hannah but I have to go now.” You declared as you stood up from your seat with your right hand holding your bag and your left hand holding your melon bread.

“Ja ne Hannah.” You bid Hannah goodbye as you storm out of the academy’s cafeteria.

“Ya ________________, aigoo that girl.” Hannah called out and complained but had no choice but to let you go since you had already dashed out of the cafeteria.

 

That girl you were with in the cafeteria is named Lee Hannah, she’s quite popular in your batch because of her mesmerizing beauty, and many people have said that she has the looks on par with SNSD’s prized member Yoona.

That girl happens to be your cool cousin; she’s the only girl in your class who never hesitates to be seen with you even if you’re ugly. And she also never gets tired from protecting you whenever your classmates and fellow schoolmates tease you for your undesirable face.

Oh and about that something that you forgot, well you dashed out of the cafeteria to chase Woohyun. That is so you could thank him for borrowing his handkerchief and also to apologize by the words he overheard Hannah had said about him awhile ago.

You headed towards your classroom only to be disappointed; apparently Nam Woohyun is not inside your classroom.  The next place you checked was the room of the club he is a member of but he wasn’t there either. You also searched inside places he often goes to but Nam Woohyun was nowhere to be found.

You sighed but hope enlightened your face when you saw Jang Dongwoo, Nam Woohyun’s best bud, of course he would know where Nam Woohyun is at times like this.

“Anou, J-Jang Dongwoo do you know where Nam Woohyun is?” You shyly asked Jang Dongwoo.

“Well he is probably on the rooftop.” Dongwoo answered you with a smile; you thanked him with a smile on your face too. If there is a guy in your entire academy who has never ridiculed your looks or anything it’s no other than Kim Sunggyu, Nam Woohyun, and this always grinning dude Jang Dongwoo.

“Nam Woohyun sure is amazing huh; she’s the second girl who asked for his whereabouts this noontime. And he just rejected five pretty looking girls this morning.” You heard Jang Dongwoo said but pay no heed to it. “Lucky Woohyun, seems like he’s about to have the girl of his dreams.” Dongwoo added but you weren’t able to hear it.

 

 

You ran your way towards the rooftop, “Darn, why does he has to be on the rooftop when I was on the third floor. *sigh* Okay ___________ four floors to go.”

 

 

You’re right hand was clutching your heart as you were gasping for air when you had reached the rooftop. You slowly walked towards the door of the rooftop and were surprised when you opened it.

You saw Nam Woohyun standing in front of a girl, you can’t see the girl because her back was facing you.

“I’m sorry if I disturbed you when you were sleeping b-but I, Nam Woohyun, I’m in love with you.” Your eyes enlarged when you heard the angelic voice of the girl confess her feelings to Nam Woohyun.

“So that’s what Dongwoo had meant.”

“I’m sorry either but I can’t accept your feelings, I’m flattered though. A beautiful girl like you fell in love with an averaged looking guy like me.” Now where did that humbleness came from? You wondered.

“Why? Is it because you’re already in love with someone else?” You saw Nam Woohyun slightly nodded his head. “I, I see, t-then I’ll be going now, Nam Woohyun thank you and I’m sorry.” You saw the girl about to retreat from Nam Woohyun, you quickly hid yourself from the girl’s sight when she came out of the rooftop.

 

“Eh? K-Kang Minkyung confessed to Nam Woohyun? Nam Woohyun rejected Kang Minkyung?! The Kang Minkyung?!” You uttered to yourself in disbelief.

Now in your academy there are five girls considered to be the most beautiful among them all, every cultural fest all students are required to vote and choose one beauty from twelve beautiful nominees. The five girls who garner the highest vote are considered as the “five beauties”

And Kang Minkyung won last school year’s “five beauties” she ranked third place. Your cousin Lee Hannah on the other hand ranked second place. That’s why you can’t believe that Woohyun just rejected Kang Minkyung.

 

 

“You can come out now.” You heard Nam Woohyun stated so you peeked from the door of the rooftop. You saw Nam Woohyun look straight into your eyes.

“Sorry” You uttered as soon as you came in to the rooftop. “Sorry for what I acted this morning, sorry for what Hannah said about you and, and sorry for, accidentally, peeping at Lee Minkyung’s confession to you.” You apologized, bowing your head ninety degrees.

“It’s alright, apology accepted.” Nam Woohyun accepted your sorry as he walked further on the rooftop and sat on the floor.

“You weren’t offended by what Hannah has said?” You asked him after you followed his tracks and sat on the floor too.

“I’d be lying if I will say I'm not. But I’m already used to it; many people always think that way anyways.” You felt a hint of sadness and bitterness in Woohyun’s voice.

“Do you mind if I ask you something?” Woohyun shook his head and so you continued. “Do you have a girlfriend?”

“No I don’t, but I do have a girl whom my heart treasures.” Woohyun sincerely answered. “I see, so your also wondering why I rejected Kang Minkyung and the other girls who had confessed to me even though they were all pretty looking girls?” This time its Woohyun’s turn to ask you.

You nodded your head.

“Many people have asked me why I rejected all of them when they were all pretty. Even I don’t know the reason why. The only thing I know is they like me solely because of my looks.”

“So?”

“I don’t want to date girls who like boys with such superficial reason. If the girl that I date only likes me because I’m handsome then chances are she would leave me for a more handsome guy.” Oh that’s why. You were surprised by Woohyun’s reason.

“Th-then what about the girl you like?” You inquired, curious by the identity of Woohyun’s love one.

“She doesn’t like me, she likes someone else.” Woohyun said with a bitter smile on his face.

“Is he more handsome than you?”

“What? No definitely not, I’m ten times more handsome than he is. But even that fact did little for her to turn her gaze towards me. The girl I like has been in love with him for two years and how many months.” Woohyun said with sadness in his quite small eyes.

“So even good looking people don’t get the person they love.” You said to yourself but it was loud enough for Woohyun to hear.

“Nam Woohyun there you are! Girls keep on asking me where you are and ……………………………………………………………………………………………..” Sunggyu appeared on the rooftop with lots of stuffs in his hands. Probably those were gifts for him and Woohyun since he is as popular as Woohyun is.

Your gaze shifted abruptly towards Sunggyu, the man you have always dreamed to be with, as your left hand touched your chest, feeling your heart’s rapid beat.

“See? I’m the one spending time with you but you’re eyes are glued to him.” Woohyun whispered to himself with a sigh, unfortunately you did not hear the words he had murmured because you were completely smitten by Sunggyu’s presence.

 

 

“Chapter Two: More to Nam Woohyun than His Handsome Face.”

 

            A/N: There there 2nd chapter is all set and done! Yay! Haha, I want to take this time to thank all of those who subscribed to this story and kindly left a comment telling me to update and such. Thank you thank you thank you! I wish all of you who would be kind enough to read this story would enjoy reading this fanfic entitled “What He Did For Love.” And to those who haven’t subscribed yet please do click the subscribe button. Please do leave a comment too. (I want to read your reactions and suggestions)

            Again thank you for reading this fic. See ya next chapter~