Chapter 30

Love's Forgotten Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait." He demanded and leaned his face closer to hers.

"W-What's wrong, Jaebum?" Jiyeon whispered as JB's face moved closer to hers.

"Just stand still." JB replied in a monotone as she saw him looking at the bottom half of his face.

"Jae-," she started but stopped when she noticed how close JB's face was. Blinking confusingly at JB, he moved his face closer to hers, as Jiyeon's stared at his movements. She closed her eyes, feeling his breath near her lips, a couple centimeters away.

"What are you doing?" JB asked as Jiyeon opened her eyes and stared at him blankly.

"N-Ne?" Jiyeon stared at him as he leaned back.

"There was icing under your nose." He told her and leaned against the counter.

"Oh! Sorry!" Jiyeon said as she wiped it embarrassingly.

"What did you think I was going to do?" JB asked.

"N-Nothing." Jiyeon shook her head.

"Are you sure?" JB raised his eyebrows.

"I promise." Jiyeon told him.

"Liar." JB thought and chuckled to himself. "Is that it?" He asked and started cleaning up.

"Yes." Jiyeon nodded slowly and helped him.

"Cool. I guess we can go home," JB said as he took off his apron and headed for the door. Jiyeon cleaned up a little more as she went to the door.

"Bye," Jiyeon bowed.

"Are you not going home?" JB asked.

"I am but I can go after you," Jiyeon said.

"Just go," JB muttered as Jiyeon walked out and he locked the door for her. "So why were you making cupcakes?" JB asked handing the box of cupcakes to her.

"For fun and I need to learn some day," Jiyeon shrugged.

"Is everything at home okay?" JB asked glancing at her.

"No ones ever home anymore," Jiyeon replied.

"Are you serious?" JB muttered walking slowly.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jiyeon said as she looked down at her feet. JB coughed softly.

"Just go find someone that makes you happy," JB told her.

"Like who? Have you ever found anyone that made you happy?" Jiyeon looked at him.

"You," JB thought but shook the voice in his head away. "Yoonhyun."

"I can tell." Jiyeon nodded. "Not a girl? Someone you love?" She asked curiously.

"I won't ever fall in love again," JB replied biting his bottom lip. "It's too much for me."

"It's because of me, isn't it?" Jiyeon looked at him. "Because of me you can't love again?"

"The bus is over there. Let's go." JB said ignoring her question as he walked towards the bus.

"It is." Jiyeon sighed and followed him.

 

"Yoonhyun, go take a bath, Eomma will be right up to help you," Yoona said while washing the dishes.

"Ne!" Yoonhyun smiled and ran upstairs.

"Do you need help with anything?" Taecyeon asked wiping the table.

"Aniyo, I can do it." Yoona replied.

"You don't mind if I look around, right?" Taecyeon glanced at her while looking at the pictures.

"Of course not but please don't go into my brother's bedroom." Yoona told him.

"I won't," Taecyeon chuckled and made his way upstairs. He walked into a room full of Pororo and toys. "Yoonhyun." He whispered and heard singing from the bathroom. Taecyeon knocked on the door softly as he peeked in and saw Yoonhyun in the bathtub. "Hi!"

"Uncle Taecyeon!" Yoonhyun waved as he played in the water.

"Are you taking a bath?" Taecyeon asked rolling up his sleeves and sitting on the chair next to the bathtub.

"Ne. Can you put bubbles in for me?" Yoonhyun smiled.

"Does your Eomma let you?" Taecyeon chuckled softly putting some in.

"Eomma will understand!" Yoonhyun replied.

"It's your fault if we get in trouble then." Taecyeon laughed and helped him wash up.

"Look at this boat! All the uncles and hyungs at the restaurant got it for me." Yoonhyun said playing with it.

"Are they that cool?" Taecyeon asked.

"Ne! The best of the best!" Yoonhyun splashed the water.

"You're going to get me wet!" Taecyeon chuckled.

"But it's fun, Uncle Taecyeon. Play with me." Yoonhyun said passing him one of his bath toys.

"Alright then," Taecyeon laughed and started playing with Yoonhyun.

"Yoonhyun, are you done yet?" Yoona asked walking up but stopped when she saw the two playing.

"Save me!" Taecyeon shouted while playing.

"Lifeguard Yoonhyun to the rescue!" Yoonhyun said and helped Taecyeon's boat.

"Thanks! Your saved my life! I should give you a prize... A Pororo boat!" Taecyeon clapped and took out one of Yoonhyun's boats.

"This is awesome!" Yoonhyun cheered.

"Im Yoonhyun," Yoona called from the door.

"Eomma!" Yoonhyun waved.

"Eomma told you that you couldn't have a bubble bath without your uncle," Yoona said going to Yoonhyun and rinsing him.

"Sorry, Eomma." Yoonhyun pouted while she put his clothes on him.

"You got me all wet," Taecyeon laughed and stood up.

"Come on let's go change, okay?" Yoona smiled.

"I'll carry him," Taecyeon offered as he carried Yoonhyun towards his room. "Time to dry up." He chuckled and started drying Yoonhyun's hair.

"You're cool, Uncle Taecyeon," Yoonhyun clapped.

"Am I really?" Taecyeon gave him a wide smile.

"Yoonhyun, you have to go to bed soon." Yoona told him.

"And I think I have to leave," Taecyeon checked his watch.

"But I want Uncle Taecyeon to read me a bedtime story," Yoonhyun said as they walked downstairs.

"He has to go home," Yoona replied.

"How about next time?" Taecyeon asked as Yoonhyun cheered.

"I'll walks you to the door," Yoona told him as she walked to the door.

 

"I can walk home from here." Jiyeon told JB as they headed towards her house. "You live over there."

"Who said I wanted to walk with you?" JB asked.

"You're doing it right now," Jiyeon said softly.

"It's cause it's super late and Noona told me to always walk a girl home," JB said looking up at the sky. 

"Your Noona is caring then," Jiyeon smiled. "You're lucky."

“Doesn’t Taecyeon care about you?” JB asked.

“It’s not that he doesn’t but, it doesn’t feel the same,” Jiyeon sighed.

“He doesn’t look like a bad guy anymore,” JB commented.

“How did you know Taecyeon Oppa?” Jiyeon asked looking over at him. “Why did you start hating him?”

“We’re here,” JB interrupted before she could ask about anything else. “Have a nice sleep. See you later.” JB said as Jiyeon nodded.

“Alright. Bye, good night,” She smiled softly and walked into the house. JB stared at his feet as he started walking home. 

“Im Jaebum, stop thinking about it,” JB whispered to himself and stopped in front of his house. 

“Bye, bye, Uncle Taecyeon!” Yoonhyun waved.

“Annyeong, Yoonhyunnie,” Taecyeon chuckled and bent down to ruffle his hair. “Be good, okay?”

“Ne!” Yoonhyun nodded as Taecyeon stood up.

“Good night, Yeona,” Taecyeon smiled.

“Ne. Bye.” Yoona bowed slightly as Taecyeon turned around and left in his car. 

“Go inside now, Yoonhyun. Eomma needs to call Uncle JB,” Yoona said as Yoonhyun went into the house.

“Noona!” JB called from afar.

“Oh! Jaebum-ah,” Yoona waved and JB ran into the house. 

“Taecyeon was here?” JB asked.

“You saw?” Yoona replied sitting down and giving him some tteokboki.

“Yeah. It’s fine,” JB shrugged and started eating. “He cooked this, didn’t he?”

“How did you know?” Yoona laughed.

“Because you can’t cook tteokboki and he can,” JB said and ate it slowly. “Noona...”

“Hm? What is it?” Yoona smiled looking at him.

“I want our family to be happy. Everyone in our family,” JB started.

“I do too, especially you,” Yoona told him.

“Because of me, there are times you aren’t happy. I can tell you and Yoonhyun are  happy with him.” JB whispered. “I don’t want you to live a lonely life or Yoonhyun to not have a dad. Ok Taecyeon... He doesn’t seem like the bad guy from before. He cares for Yoonhyun and I can tell. He probably also has feelings for you, Noona.” 

“What are you trying to say, Jaebum?” Yoona asked.

“People forgive and forget. I know I usually don’t but lately I don’t know why I’m forgiving people. It’s hard to always hate someone that you once cared about or have  memories with.” JB sighed and looked at Yoona. “If you want, you can tell him. You can tell Taecyeon that Yoonhyun is his son. I’m sure Taecyeon would accept him and remember what happened. Noona, whenever you want, I’ll let you tell him about Yoonhyun.” JB said looking down.

“Jaebum-ah,” Yoona called.

“I know you love him, Noona.” JB said as Yoona stayed silent. “The only reason why you’re not admitting it is because you’re scared. You’re scared that I might not be happy, that Yoonhyun might not get accepted, and that you might be alone and hurt like before.”

“I really want to tell him. I will eventually. I believe the same things you do.” Yoona said. “I don’t know.”

“Think about Yoonhyun, Noona. Your feelings, care for yourself for once.” JB smiled. “Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.”

“I can’t have a better brother than you,” Yoona whispered and hugged him.

“And no other Noona could beat you,” JB chuckled and hugged her back.

“Uncle Jaebum! You’re home!” Yoonhyun waved from upstairs and ran down. “Uncle Taecyeon made that tteokboki, do you like it?”

“I do but I would like it more if you made it,” JB laughed and pinched his cheeks.

“I will when I grow up!” Yoonhyun smiled. “Are you going to put me to bed tonight?”

“When do I not?” JB asked and carried him. “Let me go get ready first then I put you to bed, okay? Because Im Yoonhyun can’t sleep without his awesome uncle, right?”

“Ne! Good night, Eomma!” Yoonhyun waved.

“I’m going with you two, do you not want Eomma around?” Yoona joked.

“Aniyo, I want everyone around all the time,” Yoonhyun said. “Uncle Jaebum, Eomma, Fany Eomma, and I will always be together no matter what!”

“You’re right,” JB nodded.

“Yoonhyunnie, is a smart boy. Eomma’s son,” Yoona smiled.

“Oh yeah, I brought home cupcakes that I made with-... I brought home cupcakes,” JB told them.

“Cupcakes?” Yoonhyun asked excitedly.

“I want to eat it too,” JB nodded happily.

“It’s late, just eat it tomorrow,” Yoona laughed. “These boys~”

 

“Where is she?” Taecyeon muttered walking out of his room and drying his hair with a towel.

“Hi, Oppa,” Jiyeon waved when he got downstairs.

“You scared me,” Taecyeon said with his hand over his chest. “When did you get home?”

“About five minutes before you did,” Jiyeon replied.

“Why didn’t you answer me when I called name?” Taecyeon asked sitting in front of her at the kitchen table.

“I was tired,” Jiyeon laughed softly.

“My cousin is lazy, isn’t she?” Taecyeon chuckled and stood up. “Almost forgot! I made this at Yoonhyun’s house.” he said handing a box to Jiyeon. “Tteokboki.” 

“You brought some home for me?” Jiyeon asked opening it.

“Why wouldn’t I? You’re my baby cousin,” Taecyeon ruffled her hair.

“I thought you wouldn’t remember me,” Jiyeon joked and ate it. “It’s good~”

“You should learn how to cook. Guys will like you if you know how to cook,” Taecyeon advised.

“I learned how to bake cupcakes today,” Jiyeon replied.

“But were they good?” Taecyeon asked.

“Yes, try it,” Jiyeon said giving him the box.

“Let’s see,” Taecyeon muttered and took a bit out of it. “You cheated. You didn’t make this.”

“I did! I promise!” Jiyeon told him.

“You got help, I can tell,” Taecyeon replied.

“Okay maybe a little,” Jiyeon said as Taecyeon raised his eyebrow. “A lot of help but I still made it.” she pouted.

“Okay~. It’s good... Surprisingly,” Taecyeon chuckled.

“That’s because the person I made it with is a good cook,” Jiyeon told him.

“Really?” Taecyeon asked. “Who is it?”

“You don’t need to know,” Jiyeon laughed softly.

“Boy or girl?” Taecyeon questioned.

“Mind your own business, Oppa,” Jiyeon demanded.

“Fine then, don’t expect me to bring you food anymore,” Taecyeon said.

“I’m kidding,” Jiyeon pouted.

“Me too, me too,” Taecyeon joked as the doors opened and the two became quiet.

“We’re home,” Mrs. Ok smiled.

“Hi,” the two cousins replied.

“Is that a way to greet elders?” Mr. Ok asked and the two just stared at him blankly. “What are you eating?” 

“Tteokboki,” Jiyeon replied.

“You shouldn’t be eating food like that, you will get overweight,” Mrs. Ok said.

“We’re not that cheap to eat that kind of food.” Mr. Ok added and Taecyeon rolled his eyes.

“I’m going to bed,” Taecyeon told them while standing up.

“Sunye is coming home from America in a few days, you should pick her up and take her to dinner,” Mr. Ok told him.

“I’m busy that day,” Taecyeon sighed.

“With what?” Mr. Ok asked.

“Meetings, appointments, and dinner,” Taecyeon replied.

“Dinner with her,” Mr. Ok demanded.

“Nope, with someone else. Someone I actually care about,” Taecyeon flashed him a fake smile. “Good night.” he said with a straight face and went upstairs.

“It’s that secretary girl, isn’t it?” Mr. Ok clenched his fist.

“She has a name, Uncle,” Jiyeon told him. “Good bye.” she bowed slightly and left upstairs.

 

~A Few Days Later

“So Taecyeon invited you to dinner?” Tiffany asked while eating her fruits.

“Yup,” Yoona nodded.

“When?” Tiffany questioned.

“Tomorrow night. He told me he would come pick me up when he calls me,” Yoona replied.

“Tomorrow evening he has a doctor’s appointment. Sunye is coming home tomorrow, ew,” Siwon shivered.

“Doctor’s appointment? For what?” Tiffany

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter