Chapter 18

Love's Forgotten Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~Next Day

“Look! Eomma sent a picture!” JB told Yoonhyun.

“Eomma is so pretty,” Yoonhyun smiled.

“How can a three year old talk so much, huh?” Kai asked Yoonhyun.

“I’m not shy.” Yoonhyun told him.

“You aren’t!” JB ruffled his hair.

“And my family talks a lot,” Yoonhyun said.

“Not JB,” Kai pointed.

“Whatever, Uncle JB needs to go give something to Fany Eomma, okay?” JB said.

“I want to come,” Yoonhyun told him.

“You can’t…Fany Eomma will come visit when Eomma is back, okay?” JB smiled.

“Fany Eomma never comes home. She comes here all the time.” Yoonhyun said.

“Then I will ask Yoona Eomma if you could come here, okay?” JB told him.

“Ne!!” Yoonhyun jumped up and down.

“Now stay with Uncle Kai and help him set up things, arrasso?” JB smiled and left.

 

“Jiyeon-ah,” Mrs. Ok walked into her room. “Jiyeon?” she asked when she didn’t see her. Mrs. Ok walked to the restroom and heard her crying. “Jiyeon-ah, gwenchana?” she asked and Jiyeon didn’t answer as she left the room.

 

“I’m scared,” Jiyeon whispered while shaking her head. “This can’t happen.” She muttered. Last night, after Jiyeon came home from the restaurant, she remembered her past with JB before she went to bed. That night she had a nightmare.

Nightmare:

“Come on Jiyeon, the water isn’t scary,” the boys from her school said.

“I don’t swim…I don’t have my swimsuit,” Jiyeon replied and stood up from the dock.

“Ok Taecyeon’s cousin is scared of the water?” the queenkas laughed.

“I-I’m not,” Jiyeon replied.

“Then why aren’t you swimming with us?” a girl asked.

“The lake is dirty…” Jiyeon told her.

“It’s sparkling blue even on a dark night like this,” the girl replied.

“Well I don’t want to swim…okay?” Jiyeon started to walk away as a kingka grabbed her leg. “Let go of me!” Jiyeon screamed.

“Even if you are Ok Taecyeon’s cousin, someone pretty as you should learn how to swim,” he said.

“Let go of me right now!!” Jiyeon shouted.

“She’s not as strong as Taecyeon, I knew it when I saw her,” the boy smirked.

“I said let go!!!” Jiyeon tried to kick him but he grabbed her other leg. She quickly tried to slap him but another guy grabbed her wrists. “STOP!!!! LET GO PLEASE!!!!” she begged.

“Awwww, she’s begging,” the kingkas laughed and threw her in the water. Jiyeon started to panick and tried to swim up but she was drowning more. Her leg got caught on a rope; she was trying to save herself. When she was a little above water she saw a familiar face…Jaebum.

“J-….Jae-….Jaebum…Help,” Jiyeon begged while trying to stay above water and trying to breathe. She saw him smirk at her and shook his head; he turned around and walked away. After that she felt herself getting pulled under water and everything went black.

End of Nightmare

“Jaebum wouldn’t do that…Even if he hated me…He wouldn’t do that…right?” Jiyeon whispered.

 

“Yoonhyun-ah, the sun is pretty,” Yoona said in the phone. “Eomma will take you here one day…Be good…Eomma will be home tomorrow…Bye.” Yoona smiled and hung up. She turned around and walked towards the swing. Everyone left to go shopping or to buy groceries.

“Swings,” Yoona smiled and sat down on the swing that was attached to a branch of the tree.

Flashback:

“Appa push us, please~~” Eight year old Jaebum begged with aegyo.

“I’m coming,” Mr. Im laughed.

“Me too, Appa! Me too!” Ten year old Yoona said.

“Of course,” Mr. Im chuckled and pushed the both of them as he started coughing.

“Appa, are you okay?” Jaebum asked.

“I’m fine,” he smiled.

“Let’s go home, Appa. You look tired,” Yoona said.

“Let’s go~” Jaebum ran off.

“Im Jaebum, get back here!!” Mr. Im and Yoona laughed.

End of Flashback

“Appa,” Yoona whispered with a tear falling down. “We miss you…We really do.” She said with a tear falling down.

“Why are you sad, when it’s such a beautiful morning?” a voice asked in front of her.

“O-Oh,” Yoona wiped her tear.

“So…Tell me, what’s wrong?” Taecyeon asked.

“Shouldn’t you be with Sunye?” Yoona replied.

“She’s shopping, she doesn’t want to stay here,” Taecyeon chuckled.

“That’s cool,” Yoona nodded.

“So you don’t want Sunye to stay here?” Taecyeon asked.

“Aniyo! Not like that,” Yoona replied.

“So…Tell me…What happened? Why are you crying?” Taecyeon stood behind the swing she was sitting on.

“I…was thinking about my dad,” Yoona whispered.

“What happened to him?” Taecyeon asked.

“He…passed away when he was sick,” she told him. “My mom left us when we were little. Appa use to play on the swings with us everyday…he loved us,” Yoona said with more tears streaming down. “He left so unexpectedly.” She said as her voice got shaky.

“Oh…” Taecyeon started to push her a little on the swing. He watched her from behind as her face was in her hands. He pushed her a little more on the swing.

“I disappointed him…I’m a bad daughter…One mistake that made my life turn around…because of my mistakes I didn’t finish his dreams of going through school,” Yoona cried. “But that mistake gave me a wonderful gift…a gift that doesn’t know everything.” She wept and suddenly she felt the swing come to a stop. She looked up and saw Taecyeon bending down in front of her.

“Your dad…might be the happiest man right now,” Taecyeon told her. “Even if you didn’t accomplish his dreams, you got a gift that seems really important to you.” He smiled at her. “You have a job, you’re smart, you’re nice…that’s enough to make anyone happy.” Taecyeon told her. “So don’t cry…okay?” Taecyeon wiped her tears for her. “Don’t cry anymore.” Yoona stared at him.

“This isn’t real,” she though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter