Chapter Six

Fast and the Furious

 

I walked into a gleaming walkway. It was a different exit, situated at the back of the DJ’s floor. Some of the people from the club stopped and their eyes gaze after sensing us making our way towards the exit and I looked at their knowing faces. They were anticipating something, surely they all knew what was about to happen. And like an idiot, I knew nothing. How could I know anything? Only the words Meet me outside were the reasons why I was even dragging my feet to who knows where, with Vic silently trailing behind me and the Chinese guy leading the way. I sure was glad that I held onto Vic because if I wasn’t, I might have lost my step and fell down. Vic then guided me as we made our way downstairs.

 

We were soon enveloped in darkness; pale green neon lights that trail the walkway were our only source of light. Clutching my arm, Vic seemed to stiffen as we neared the door, as if she knew what might be on the other side of it.

 

He needs to go inside, alone.” The Chinese man’s deep Chinese voice awakened my senses; he was talking to Vic thinking that I had not understood his language, but I did. I’ll have to thank my parents for that, they had constantly nagged that I study Chinese. He bowed to me and gestured to the door. I looked at Victoria who nodded at me, but as I turned my back, she hugged me and whispered softly, “Scream my name if they ever do something to you in there, huh? I swear I’ll beat the crap out of them.” I couldn’t help but laugh at what she said, so I turned around and removed her arms around my waist.

 

“I am just off to talk to your ex-monster-boyfriend, he can’t do anything to me.” I responded softly while winking at her. It was true, I was off only to talk to him, but I didn’t know what else the monster has in mind. I really don’t know what to expect from GD, and based from Vic’s expression, I know that whatever is inside the chamber is not pleasing, but seeing Vic’s concern is enough for me to feel at ease.

 

I entered the chamber, slamming the door shut as I sauntered inside. I was surprised to see numerous people cramped inside a small space, their presence suddenly made me claustrophobic. The throbbing nerve on my head caused by the spiked drink was making it hard for me to concentrate well on my surroundings. Not wanting the people inside to sense my uneasiness, I steadied myself while standing upright then slowly looked around.

 

The area looked out of place from where it’s really situated: under a lively club. It felt so cut off from everything upstairs. Just by entering this place it felt like you step out of earth and onto another world. It dangerously looked like an interrogation room, complete with a single lightbulb dangling from the ceiling and a lone table with two chairs facing each other and another one vertically situated on the other side. There are no windows anywhere.

 

Cold mists prickled at my bare shoulder, which is almost next to impossible, but it really felt eerily cold. I guess I was feeling sick, and it took me all my control not to swipe my hands at my skin. It would not only look very lady like, but it might also make me look fragile.

 

Seven pairs of watchful eyes followed my figure as I march gradually from one corner to the other. The dull walls covering the entire structure are made of hard blocks of stone, arranged piece by piece stacked at one another that greatly resembled a big puzzle. There was even a dart board parallel with the lightbulb.

 

On the outside I may seem unfazed by all this, but inside my mind questions are swirling. I don’t know why this place even exists and how GD acquired it. Is he that influential?

 

My eyes gazed over to the center of the room. Six more Chinese men gathered behind a man. What completed the entire set up of this interrogation room was the guy looking at me quietly, waiting for me to finish looking around. His figure is shaded by the dim light. His hands are curled under his chin.

 

“GD.” My hand unconsciously balled into a fist as I acknowledge his presence, and a glass of tequila seemingly familiar placed on the table. A capsule beside it made me realize that he really had something to do with giving me the spiked drink. He did not even try to hide the malice behind his smirk as he looked at my face, knowing full well that I realized he did try to poison me back on the dance floor.

 

“It took awhile for you to get here, having a hard time taming your nervous system?” I could swear that just a minute ago he looked kind of dangerous, but after words escaped his mouth, he did not look as menacing as when I entered the chamber and first caught sight of him.

 

Before answering him, I sat on one chair and positioned it in front of him, mimicking his position. “Actually, I was having a hard time with Victoria. She didn’t let me go that easily.”

 

I could see him trying hard not to look affected, but his deep heaving betrayed him.

 

“I guess I underestimated you and your dancing skills, you totally killed it on the floor.” GD lazily clapped, making it seem like he was really proud that I took up his dance challenge.

 

“I can also kill someone if the situation calls for it.” I tried to sound menacing as possible, but it only made a goon behind him flash a glistening gun tucked in his belt in my direction, as if to say, ‘One wrong move mister, and you’re over.’

 

“You don’t have to do that.” He said and raised a finger, signaling the man behind him not to act defensive. “Anyway, I called for you for us to talk about something.”

 

“Drop the formalities, GD. It doesn’t suit you. Say what you have to say. Get on with this.” GD half smirked, trying hard not to bite my head off. What do we have to talk about anyway? It’s not impossible that he called for me to talk about Vic, but I can sense that what I am about to hear is not really about her.

 

 “Do you know Vick Hunts road?”

 

I raised my brow and that seemed to answer him. The people beside him stood their ground, not even moving a muscle. If they continued on with the facade, I might think that they were not breathing anymore. GD, saw me looking around said, “Our guy Henry is not here, he went outside to do something for me.”

 

“And who are you to boss him around?”

 

“You don’t know me like he does. And in a way, you don’t know him that much like I do.”

 

His remark received a creased brow from me. How much does Henry owe this man to just let this monster boss him around anyway?

 

I was lost in thought but GD didn’t waste another minute. He shifted in his seat and placed a key on the table. Without waiting for me to say anything, he got up and rounded my chair, settling behind me. I could almost hear his heart beating in his chest, the eerily hushed up place made it easier for me to do so. He whispered to me, trying to seem intimidating.

 

 “Vick Hunts Road, the deadliest race track in all of Korea. Only few lucky racers lived to tell the tale about the infamous road and the horror it possesses, me being one of them. From what I heard, it was given its name after a girl fell to her death on one of the cliff on the area of the track. A . Maybe she got fed up with her life as a pleasure slave. Others say that she still haunts the place. Coincidently, her name was Vicktoria.” Despite the oozing confidence he has, GD still gulped at the sudden mention of Victoria. Even if I had my back at him, I can perceive him having a difficulty saying Victoria’s name out loud.

 

I received a message from Henry earlier, but because I was mad at him, I didn’t open it. But now as I sat inside this ‘chamber’, I regretted that decision. I fished my phone my pocket and opened the message, and true enough, it was about this.

 

“I am inviting you to your death, Eunyoung.” Even though I had my back to him, I could still sense the malice mixed with excitement on his voice.

 

 


 

Henry paced in circles. The vast skies above him signaled bad omen. It was too beautiful. The irony of its beauty to what was about to take place was irritating Henry. GD asked him to contact the men from the track to tell them to ready it for tonight’s event. More than that, he knew GD only wanted him out of his way as he talked to Eunyoung. He didn’t want Henry to be in Eunyoung’s favor, just like what he has been doing ever since they became close. Henry never stood up for GD’s victims before, but it is different with Eunyoung.

 

He almost didn’t make the call, but he knew that doing so would anger GD even more, so he didn’t have much choice. As he paced in circles far from the booming sound of the club, he dialed Seungri’s phone number.

 

“Who is it this time?” Seungri didn’t start the conversation with a greeting; they were used to this so he just wanted to know who the racers were for the night.

 

“It’s Yong, and someone named Eunyoung. Is 30 minutes enough for you to ready the tracks?” He spoke without any feelings. He spoke each word like how a butler gives orders to the other servants.

 

Please say no, please say you’re not ready or someone’s already using it for the night...

 

The person at the other end of the line mumbled something, making Henry curse under his breath. He almost hurled his phone but controlled himself just in time. He wouldn’t come clean to GD and tell him that he somehow cares for Eunyoung, but he does care for his new found friend. He does care for Eunyoung, hence all this nerves throbbing he got after the confirmation that the track is free for the night.

 

Forcefully, he spoke the words that may impress GD, though at the moment he wasn’t even thinking of making a good impression.

 

Good... We’ll be there on thirty.”

                                                                                                                                              

 


 

“I’m inviting you to your death, Eunyoung.”

 

My mind was tangled in a complete mass of confusion. Never had I encountered someone that would extremely long for my end.

 

For my death.

 

I’ll admit, I once tried to take my own life, but that would make me responsible. For someone who doesn’t know me, he sounded really at ease as he asked me to embrace my own death. That would make him responsible. Here he was a person who does not even know me, yearning to end whatever life I still lived.

 

A life I wished I did not actually live.

 

With that thought still lingering in my brain, I knew what my answer was to the monster behind me.

 

Suddenly I turned my back, and feasted my eyes on a man I was not even acquainted with; a person I now see as a beast, taking the form of a human being.

 

I will never fully understand what made me do it, but my mouth just opened on its own, announcing my affirmation to his challenge. This may put to line whatever I had left; my newfound friends, my seemingly trashed reputation, and my existence. Looking back on my messed up life, I guess I had nothing to lose anyway.

 

“Deal.” As soon as the word was out of my mouth, I breathed, but not a sigh of relief. I got up and walked away from GD and his men, but instead of being scared, my racked up brain then decided to embrace the foreboding mayhem and anticipated the race. I can honestly sense his eyes scrutinizing my almost bare body and it made me conscious, but I managed to look unaffected and continued marching towards the door.

 

 “You forgot about this.” GD hurled the car keys at me and I caught them in mid air, just in time before it made contact with my back.

 

“Dude, I brought Victoria’s Dodge Viper to this club, and the wheels are hungry. I won’t be needing your car.” I was about to hurl it back at him but hesitated for a bit after I caught sight of the dart board above his head.

 

With the intensity of my energy reverberating from my body up to my arm, I squinted and aimed the key at the dart board. The keys fell to the ground right after it made contact with the dart board, but the dent it made after it hit the bulls-eye was enough reason for me to leave the gaping men inside the chamber, feeling satisfied. If I will not be able to make it out alive in the track, I better leave him and his men my last execution of magnificence.

 

“I’ll meet you outside. Pray, if you know how. You’ll need every miracle the heaven can give you...” After finding his voice, GD shouted those words at me.

 

You should know by now, G Dragon. You don’t mess with someone you don’t know.

 

 


 

A/N This is too short but it's the best I got before going into the race scene. So there you have it, I hope you liked that. Thank you all for reading.

Another thing, this chapter was checked and examined by Beta Zade of I'd Like to Buy a Beta. Check their shop if you have time. :D

 

*Thank you Beta Zade!