Torn

I kissed a stranger

 

 

 

I don’t understand why I am feeling like this. I should be happy that Yuri couldn’t join our one-day trip at the beach. But then I feel like it is so wrong of her not being present.

 

“Can't you cancel your audition and just join us? It's Minho's birthday, he'll be sad without you.” I said in a disappointed tone.

 

“I’m sorry cousin. I really can’t let this chance slip away. You know how much I wanted to be a model and I’ve waited so much for this one rare chance.” She explained.

 

How can she be so insensitive thinking about her career when it's her boyfriend’s birthday party we are talking about? She planned the whole outing and made Minho so excited because she knew the guy love the beach so much. But I know I can't change her mind anymore. That's just Yuri. She do what she wants and she won't listen to anyone.

 

“Okay fine. I know I can't change your mind anymore. Just don't forget to call Minho and tell him you can't come.” I sighed in frustration.

 

“Thank you cuz, I know I can count on you. Don't worry I already asked the helper there to take care of you guys. You’re really a good friend and a cousin.” Then after that, she hanged up the phone.

 

I know I should be happy that she wouldn’t come. That means I can have Minho's attention all by myself. But lately I was thinking if this is really what I want to happen. Will I be happy to see them break apart? Will Minho love me the same way he does for Yuri? Sometimes I also question myself if I really love him or I was just jealous because his attention was transferred to another girl when we used to be together all the time. I know I like him a lot, but if this is really love, that right now is a question I can't give an answer.

 

*****

 

The next morning we are heading our way to Yuri's family rest house. It's a two hours trip long. Everyone’s still longing for their own beds since we left the house around five in the morning. I am just thankful to Onew that he volunteered to drive. I know he is not really a morning person and I can see he’s a little tired too, but he never complained.

 

I was seating in the front seat beside Onew and the rest were on the back. Kibum and Jonghyun were sleeping, heads closed together sharing a one half-sized blanket. While Minho who might have felt uncomfortable by the two lovebirds beside him, just laid his head on the glass window with his eyes closed. Though I have a feeling that he is not really asleep and just resting his eyes. I soon recognized his sadness when I he arrived on our apartment this morning and I’m sure it’s because of Yuri’s absence. He feels alone, when Kibum have Jonghyun and I have Onew or so he thought.

 

I didn’t notice that I was looking at my best friend for a long time already. I just realized it when Onew told me to take a rest for a few more minutes. Embarrassed as he saw my hopeless admiration to the man, I lay my head on the headrest and closed my eyes listening to the music that is coming from my iPod. I may be a bit tired or still sleepy that I fell asleep soon. When I woke up we were already in our destination.

 

“Did you sleep well?” Onew asked when I opened my eyes. The rest were already awake and putting their things one by one inside the house.

 

“I’m sorry I fell asleep.” I told him and he just smiled. His face a bit tired and maybe still sleepy I felt sorry for him not having to rest like we did on the way.

 

“It’s okay, I know you’re tired.” Somehow I felt like Onew is being nice to me lately. It’s not that I don’t like it, but I feel a little bit guilty of making him do things not on his will. I sometimes wish him to complain or poke at me like what he used to do. I missed those times when we would fight for some little things like a kid. Though I just met him recently, he’s one of the person who can see the real me because I feel I can be myself when he’s around. But lately I am feeling a little bit different especially whenever our eyes meet. I can sense he is becoming awkward with me too.

 

“Let me help you with that.” He said when I started to put my bags outside his car.

 

“No, I’m fine.” I hesitated and took all my things then enter the house.

 

Him becoming gentle with me is something new. What happened? I don’t know. The last time we saw each other we were still arguing about random things.

 

Maybe it has something to do with our phone call the other day. That was the longest I had talked with someone on the phone. The amazing part is, I didn’t get bored instead I wished it were longer.

 

Flashback

 

“It's amazing how I can talk to you like this for a long time.” He said after our almost three hours conversation.

 

We talked about different topics we even talked about our parents. He told me how strict his father is. Maybe because he's father is a politician that's why he don't want his kids to do bad things in public though he said his father is like that even before he entered politics. It's his nature, he complained.

 

I told him how different my parent was. My father would bring me to the soccer game every weekend instead of my brother, and my mom would teach Kibum how to bake and they do that whenever I’m out with my father. Onew chuckled.

 

“Maybe that’s why you both became opposite. You're brother became girly and you boyish.” I agreed and we laughed so hard.

 

If he didn't brought up that question which I wasn't able to answer. I felt that we became awkward after that. I started to think about what if it really happens.

 

“Um, Taeyon.” He started. “What if Minho fell inlove with you and asked you to go out?” he asked. I paused for a minute and smiled.

 

“Of course I will accept him. That's what I wanted in the first place.” He didn't answer for a while.

 

“Then, what if it's me who ask you to go out? What will you do?” I was taken aback by the question. I really don't know what to say. I never imagined he would ask me that question. We had an agreement, never to fall for each other so why is he asking me such question.

 

“You know, I'm sleepy. Let's talk again next time.” I acted a sound of a yawn and told him goodnight. I panicked I didn't even let him said goodnight I just turned off the phone.

 

End of flashback

 

My heart is pumping fast just thinking about him having such a special feelings for me. These past days I was thinking just that question and how will I really feel if that really happens. I can't even look directly into his eyes right now.

 

*****

 

Everyone went straight to their assigned rooms. There are three available rooms inside. Kibum and Jonghyun soon occupied the biggest bedroom, which has a good view of the ocean. You can't say no when it's Kibum, he always get what he wants so I'd rather not argue with him and just let them.

 

Since I am the only girl, I have my own room. Minho and Onew shared the last available room. I can sense that both of them are not really happy with the setup, but they have no choice unless they can make my brother and Jonghyun be separated which is close to impossible.

 

I unpacked my things, put out my swimwear and changed. I wore a white cotton dress on top of my swimwear. I planned on walking along the side of the beach first and then swim later since it’s still early in the morning. I also must help them prepare the barbecue grill and put out the foods we brought and those Yuri asked their helper to cook.

 

I was tying my hair when Kibum knocked the door and entered.

 

“Are you set?” He asked me and I nodded.

 

“Just tying my hair up.” I told her looking at my reflection in the mirror. He acted to help me with my hair and I allowed him.

 

“I noticed you're acting different lately. Is there something that's bothering my younger sister.” Times like this is what I really like about my brother. He can easily sense when I need his advice or just an ear to listen. Surely one of the best things I love about him.

 

“I was just having second thoughts if I am doing the right thing. You know, about Minho.” He nodded and continues to listen. “I am starting to feel guilty especially to Yuri, she didn't do me wrong and treated me as a friend but what I do is try to take his boyfriend away. Also, Minho is my best friend too. I shouldn't do such things that might hurt them both but here I am.” Kibum silently nodded every time I paused and continue what I am saying.

 

“Then lately, I am feeling attached to Onew more.” Kibum smiled when I started to talk about the guy, which I recognized easily. “What's so funny about Onew?” I asked. He shook his head.

 

“Continue what you want to say about Onew.” He said, I hesitated at first but then I thought I should open that topic to him too.

 

“He asked me what if he fall in love with me what will I do?” I felt the heat on my cheeks as I started to blush when I uttered the question.

 

“Then, what did you say?” He asked.

 

“Nothing, I don't know what to say.” Kibum chuckled which is I don't understand why.

 

“You know little sister.” He started. “Maybe you are just confused.”

 

“Confused? About what?” I asked.

 

“About you're feelings. I think you're developing a special feeling for Onew that's why you started to question if you really love Minho. I really can't tell which you like because only you can decide about that. But one thing I'm so sure right now is that you're torn between the two. It's not just guilt that is making you set aback.”

 

“I know I like Minho.” He agreed.

 

“I know you do. What about Onew?” I paused.

 

“I don't know.” He smiled at me and put his hands on my shoulder.

 

“You'll find out eventually.” I smiled at him and put out a deep breathe. “For now, let's go out and help the boys. We have a lot of things to do before lunch.” I smiled at him and hugged him tight.

 

“Thank you sister.” I said. He smiled wide at me.

 

“That’s what I like you calling me. You should start calling me that from now on.”

 

“I’ll think about it.” He pouted and I chuckled.

 

I stand up and we went out of my room.

 

*****

A/N Sorry to keep you waiting. The truth is, I was having lazy days syndrome that I cannot think of good story to write. I was just inspired lately. Why? Oh I see many ONTAE moments and I'm happy :D

 

I still have 5 chapters for this story. I hope you wait for my updates. I love reading comments so please if you have time, inspire me more:D

 

Thanks for subscribing :D