Sunset and Sunrise

I kissed a stranger

 

“Relax Taeyon, he's not a kid anymore he can take care of himself.” Kibum uttered. “You're over reacting.” And he rolled his eyes.

 

I know he's right but there is a part of me that feels like I need to know if he's really okay. He was so down this morning and we had a small argument. Onew's weak. People might see him strong but when you look into his eyes you'll understand that he's not that strong. I shouldn’t have fight with him in the first place, I should’ve stayed calm because I know he doesn’t want to harm me or anything. He just care for me, he just wanted to help.

 

For the sake of the others I pretended to stay calm and joined them for lunch. My mood didn't change though, as I was like checking my phone every minute hoping to recieve a call from Onew, which never happened.

 

*****

 

The day had passed like that and now they are all just enjoying the music from the player that Jonghyun brought and the couple is dancing y and hot.

 

“Are you okay?” Minho asked who noticed me busy checking my phone every once in a while.

 

“It's getting late.” I said carelessly looking somewhere hoping to see Onew's frame popped in.

 

“Relax. If he don’t return until tonight, we’ll go search for him tomorrow morning.” Minho uttered and I nodded in agreement.

 

“In the meantime, why not enjoy the sunset. Lets go near the beach.” The idea is nice, I thought. Maybe I can turn my mind to think of other things and not only worry about that guy. Who does he think he is? Leaving without any words and making others worry about him?

 

“Okay.” I smiled and we started to walk our way to where the ocean is.

 

*****

 

The sea water is warm and the sun is beautiful with it’s yellow and red shade. Now I understand why people who want to relax their mind go near the beach. It really is a good way to calm a person when their on their most stressful times of their lives. The beauty that the world hides in every corner of the world is just amazing when you recognize it and it surely will make your body and soul relieved. Even just a little, I've forgotten what I was worried a while ago. He’s somewhere near I think. Maybe he’s seeing this beautiful sunset as I am with Minho.

 

“See.” Minho started. “The beauty of the sunset will surely make your heart at peace.” I smiled at him and nod.

 

“I haven’t seen this for a while. I think we’ve been busy we forgot to think about small things like we did when we were a child.” How did I forgot about those small happiness that makes me love the world when I was young like this view?

 

“Yeah.” He agreed. “We’ve been busy searching for somethings, we forgot to appreciate those who’ve been with us for a long time. We’ll then realize it’s worth when someone had found their beauty and we felt like they are slowly taken away from us.” I look at him with questions on my mind.

 

While I have a hint at what he’s trying to say, I felt like this is not the right time. But he looked straight into my eyes and uttered those words I’ve been dying to hear from him since the day we met. “Taeyon, I think I like you more than bestfriend.”

 

I shouldn't feel this bothered. I actually don’t know what to say. I was speechless and my mind is completely blank.

 

*****

 

“Give me time.” I told Minho after a long pause, and he said he would.

 

I can’t believe I told him those words. Why ask for more time when I’ve waited long enough for him to realize that I’m the one for him? I told Minho that I want to be alone for a while and he left and go inside the house. I stayed here seating on the sand, eyes on the ocean but my mind is far from where I am right now. I didn’t realized I’ve been there for so long and all I can see right now is just the the small light that is coming from above the sky.

 

“Taeyon!” My brother called and I know it’s my queue to go back.

 

******

 

I know I should be sleeping at the moment because it’s already five in the morning. I was wide awake the whole night, waiting for someone to return maybe. Onew is not yet been seen and I’m worried to death.

 

‘Door creaks.’

 

The sound made my heart beat faster. If it is someone I don’t know, maybe some house crashers, we’re in big trouble. But really, I was hoping it was Onew. I was hoping he would come back soon. Tell me how really feels.

 

Call me crazy or the worsts girl in the universe, but I wish he would confess to me. Tell me he loves me and he wants us to be real. Maybe then I can decide what really is that my heart wants.

 

I was shaken. Never did I imagine that I would like a guy other than Minho. He was my first love. I just looked after him ever since. But then Onew came and changed everything. My prince charming, my happy ending story. Everything I thought I wanted from the beginning turned to be something incomparable to what I feel when I’m with him. I think I like him. Or, maybe it is more than like. Is it love?

 

I shooked my head. Told myself not to think about him so much. I decided to peek on who is the newly arrived visitor, didn’t bother to open the light and silently sneak into the living room with a bow on my hand gripping it tightly incase it was someone uninvited. I felt relieved when a familiar silhouette passed through my door. It was Onew. I see he looked tired just by looking from his back, maybe sleepy.

 

‘Ah.’ I heard him sighed. And then he walked to the door going to the sea side. Maybe he would watch the sunrise. It’s almost six in the morning and I heard it’s beautiful to watch the sunrise over the sea. Maybe that’s what he wanted to do.

 

I followed him silently with my barefoot touching the warm white sand near the beach. He stopped and stared blankly at the sun that is rising slowly. I was fascinated by the beauty of the morning that is about to start. The cold air is soothing my veins and the sound of the water wave is the best that I had heard my entire life. It’s relaxing, especially when he’s hear near me.

 

I was at that state when I recognized a pair of eye looking at me. He noticed I was there not so near from where he was standing. I shyly walked my way from where he is and stand beside him.

 

“It’s beautiful. I mean the sun rising.” I explained. He smiled beautifully, just like the sun that shines.

 

“Yes it is.” He added. I noticed he was a little drunk. Maybe went to some bar and stayed there the whole night.

 

“Where have you been?” I asked. “I… we’ve been looking for you.”

 

“Somewhere. A place where I can think… and drink.” He uttered.

 

“I thought you were hurt. I was being mean to you lately that’s why you left.” I said. “I’m sorry.”

 

He looked at me and our eyes met. I see sadness in his eyes. “Are you crying?” I asked abruptly. He didn’t answer, he just stared at me and I felt unease.

 

“I saw you with him yesterday. Here, talking under the sunset. I guess our plan worked just by looking at the two of you from afar.”

 

I was shocked. He was there. He saw us when Minho confessed to me. “He said he like me more than bestfriends.” I answered. He nodded, telling me he knew it.

 

“What did you say?” He asked. I put my head down and stared blankly at the water that is touching my feet. I don’t want to answer his questions anymore. I don’t know what to say. Is it good to tell him that I made Minho wait?

 

I felt him walked closer to my back and pulled me to a hug. I was in surprised I felt my heart will explode. Suddenly I felt like not breathing and just listen to what he would say.

 

“Don’t go with him, Taeyon.” He whispered to my ears. “Stay with me.”

 

*****

A/N I updated, again ^^.

 

Thanks for reading^^