Unexpected visitors

The Chained Phoenix

The next few weeks were great.

Ryeowook and I grew closer with each day I visited, I even brought him clothes to cover up with. I slowly fell in love with him as well. We told each other everything, him being a phoenix spirit wielder wasn’t much of a surprise to me considering the tattoo, but he was surprised that my dad is one of the basilisk leaders, while I was human.

I also became friends with Donghae and Hyukjae, although they still think my house is haunted. I haven’t told them about Ryeowook though, knowing that if I told them, they might scare him when they first meet him in the house. I told them I was gay and about sungmin when they asked about past boyfriends, they both already hated him.

“Kyu, you never told me about your mother.” Ryeowook suddenly asked.

I looked away, tears threatening to fall.

I hadn’t told Ryeowook about my mother considering what happened.

“Kyu, whats wrong?” he asked confused.

I hesitated before answering.

“she died.” I said turned my head away.

He widened his eyes and suddenly pulled me into a hug.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” He said softly.

I smiled.

“It’s okay,I just don’t like to talk about what happened. The only ones who know about it are Hangeng and Heechul.” I said laughing slightly.

“Oh, wel-“ the doorbell then suddenly rang.

“I’ll go get that real quickly. Alright.” I said.

He nodded then I walked out of the room closing the door but not completely. I walked up the stairs and to the front door.

I slowly opened it, and I widened my eyes at the sight in front of me.

Hangeng and Heechul were standing there both with smiles on their faces.

“hey kyu.” Heechul said pulling me into a hug.

“Gosh what are you two doing here?” I asked pulling away with a pout when I didn’t return his hug.

“we wanted to see how you were doing. And heechul wanted to know if you found a new boyfriend yet.” Hangeng said as I invited them in.

I then frowned.

Should I tell them about Ryeowook.

“whats wrong Kyu?” Heechul asked bringing me back to reality.

I smiled.

“its nothing, just there is this boy I am crushing on but there is a problem.” I said.

Hangeng looked confused while Heechul just had a smile.

“well what is it? Spill. And don’t leave out any details.” Heechul said seriously.

I nodded and lead them to the living room, where we sat down and talked.

I told them about Ryeowook, and my friends from school. What surprised me was that Heechul stayed quiet throughout the whole thing. He would usually start crying and ranting about nonsense. When I had finished both of them were shocked.

“Kyu can we meet him?” heechul asked softly.

I nodded before leading them down to the basement. As I lead them down heechul was unusually quiet. When we got to the door, I told them to stay back real quickly while I talk to him first.

I quietly walked in and saw Ryeowook sitting down against the wall just staring at me.

“Kyu what is it?” he asked tilting his head to the side.

“Hangeng and Heechul want to meet you. Is that okay with you? Or do you want to wait?” I asked to make sure that was what he wanted.

“yeah its okay but can you stay with me?” He asked.

I softly smiled and nodded before I opened the door letting Heechul and hangeng step in.

“guys this is Ryeowook, Ryeowook this is Kim Heechul.” I said pointing to Heechul then I pointed to hangeng. “and this is Hangeng.”

They both bowed softly smiling at him.

I quickly walked over and sat next to him. Hangeng and Heechul then sat in front of both of us.

“So whats you phoenixes name?” heechul suddenly asked, breaking the scilence that filled the room.

“its Athena, yours?”

“Venus, wow I thought Athena disappeared a thousand years ago.” He said with wide eyes.

“well I haven’t talked to her in awhile, even when I called her name.” he said looking down.

I pulled him into my embrace.

Then we all just sat in silence for a while, before Ryeowook suddenly fell asleep.

Heechul moved over and slowly took him from me. While Hangeng motioned for me to follow him. I nodded and we both walked out, leaving Heechul with Ryeowook.