Ryeowook

The Chained Phoenix

The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly, except for the people trying to get me to move out of that house. I always brushed off their warnings, knowing that the ghost was actually scared of me, more then I was of him.

When I returned back home the voice started up again, but I had to finish my homework before I could look for the source.

As soon as I finished, I gathered up a blanket and I grabbed a flashlight. Since the voice kept on saying it was cold and dark.

I checked the upper level first, then the lower level. Nothing on both accounts. The last place it could come from was the basement. I opened the door and climbed down the old stairs, being very careful not to break them. Once I reached the bottom I looked around in all of the rooms.

As I looked through each room the voice became clearer. I finally got to the last room in the basement, this had to be where the voice was coming from.

I slowly turned the handle and opened the door. I peered in to the very dark room, and the flashlight.

The room wasn’t too big but it wasn’t small either, and it was all stone. As I scanned the room I heard the voice again, but it was louder and more shaky then when I heard it anywhere else in the house.

“W-Who are you?”

I turned my flashlight toward the voice and my eyes widened. It was a boy sitting on the ground, with a metal collar around his neck. He had light brown hair, beautiful brown eyes, a phoenix tattoo on his shoulder, his skin was very pale, he had a very skinny form, and he looked to be about my age. The collar was attached to a chain leash that was hooked to the wall.

“Cho Kyuhyun, who are you? Are you okay?” I asked stepping forward but I stopped when I noticed him cringe away from me.

“Ryeowook, and Yeah I’m fine. H-how did you know I was here?”

I raised an eyebrow.

“I have been hearing you voice in my head.” I said taking another step forward.

His eyes widened.

“I thought no one could hear me.” He whispered barely audible still staring at me.

I took another step forward to see his reaction. He didn’t cringe, so I continued on very slowly toward him trying not to scare him. When I got close enough, I took the blanket and wrapped it around his body while also pulling him into a hug. He instantly started sobbing into my shirt, I slowly rubbed circles on his back.

After awhile his sobbing turned into quiet sniffles, and my shirt was soaking wet.

“Kyu I’m sorry about your shirt.” He suddenly said.

“its okay, feeling better now?” I asked smiling down at him.

He lightly smiled before nodding and pulling back.

“Why are you doing this?” he asked pouting and tilting his head to the side.

He was so cute.

“You needed help, besides your too cute to turn down Ryeowook” I said.

“oh. C-can you try and take this collar off? I can’t go anywhere beyond this room.” He asked blushing before pointing to the collar on his neck.

I shrugged.

“I’ll try but I am not that strong.” I said.

I leaned forward and I tried to pull the collar, but it wouldn’t budge. I kept on trying for a while until I could barely feel my hands.

“sorry.” I said sadly as I pulled back.

“It’s okay I’m used to being here anyways.” He sadly said turning his head away.

Then I suddenly thought of something.

“hey how about I come and visit you every day after school is that alright.”

He looked back at me, with a bright smile.

“yes I would love that.” He exclaimed pulling me into a tight hug.

I laughed.

“okay, okay calm down. I’ll come and visit you after school.” I said pulling back.

He nodded excitedly. Then we both ended up talking throughout the whole day before we fell asleep.