Together Again

The Only Exception

 

Seohyun’s POV

I finally arrived at Seoul. It to being worried for the past 12 hours in the plane and I cannot do anything about it. I drive as fast as I can to the hospital and I cannot deny that even though we just know each other not so long time ago, I do care for him and he is my husband anyway, I have to be a good wife and I will try my best to do it.

Sh*t!! Traffic Jam everywhere since it was peak hour, everyone going to work and here I am stuck in the middle of Seoul city. I push the horn over and over again; hope it will make the car in front of me accelerate a bit. I know it was useless; at least I try to distract my thought about his condition. I’m really worried and afraid if something bad happened to him. For god’s sake, please let me out from this crazy traffic!

I stuck for about 1 hour and finally arrived at the hospital. I run and found my mom and dad there together with my father and mother-in-law. Oh my! I’m supposed to be the one being with him and waiting for him, not my parents and his. What kind of wife I am. I sighed.

“How is he?” I asked.

“You look tired, hyunnie…” My mom looked at me.

“I’m not tired… How is he?” I asked again.

“We just have to wait until he gains conciousness” My mother-in-law said.

“I’m sorry…” I sit in the bench.

“Don’t worry, hyunnie…” My dad smiled at me.

“He will be okay…” My father-in-law also smiled weakly at me.

I told them to go home and get some rest since I can see how tired they were. They just nodded and tell me they will come back soon enough. I forced a smile and tell them I’ll be fine by myself.

I enter the room and found him in the bed. His face is pale and slowly tears are falling down from my eyes. Mianhe, Oppa!  I slowly walking towards him and looked at his face. I caressed his cheek. I stand still for a minute just looking at him.

God, I promised to always love him unconditionally, please let him awake.

I hold his hand, it was cold. I lean my head closer to his hand and I really tired. I haven’t got enough sleep since last night. I slowly fall asleep.

[END of POV]

--c—

Hyun Joong arrived at the hospital and enters the room when he saw Seohyun falls asleep. He took a spare blanket in the wardrobe and covers her. Then she suddenly woke up.

“Oppa…”

“Hey, just sleep… you look really tired…”

“I’m fine… I’m going to wait until he gains his consciousness”

“I bet you haven’t eat breakfast… here you go and I bring your clean clothes, your mother told me to give this to you” He gives a sandwich to her and the bag to her.

“I’m not hungry…”

“You have to eat, hyunnie… You have to stay healthy for him…”

She then grabbed the sandwich and eat, didn’t say anything at all to him. Hyun Joong smiled to her.

“Gomawo…” she said.

“Nevermind, cousin…”

“What is happening actually?”

“He has been hit by iron bars in construction site. I was busy talking with the engineers and didn’t notice that he was in danger. The last thing I remember is I heard a scream and he falls down to the ground…”

“Be strong, hyunnie… I’m going to office now, take care”

“Thank you, Oppa…”

He just nodded and hugged her.

She’s going to the bathroom and washes her face. She saw her reflection in the mirror and her face was total mess. Swollen eyes and dull face; he really has a great effects on her and she never thought that she could act like this just because of one man.

She’s going back to the room when suddenly he opened his eyes;

“Oppa…”Seohyun hold his hand and immediately call the doctor.

“Miss Seohyun, don’t worry too much… I’ve checked everything, his blood pressure is normal, his eye sight is normal too and he may suffered a minor headache since he’s got injury in his head. But as far as I can see, he will be just fine.”

“Thank you, Doctor…” She smiled.

“You’re welcome and please stay healthy… you looked tired…”

“I’ll be fine…”

“Now, if you’ll excuse me…”

Seohyun bowed to him and he bowed back.

Doctor Lee is Kims family personal doctor since long time ago and Seohyun considers him as her own uncle, he was very caring and kind person.

 

--c---c---c—

Yonghwa try to get up, but the headache is killing him. He cupped his face, but kept his poker face, he doesn’t want her to notice that he was in pain.

“Oppa, are you okay?”

He just nodded and forced a smile.

“I’m sorry because of me you can’t attend the exhibition…”

“Don’t say anything, that exhibition was nothing compared to you… You are irreplaceable, Oppa…”

“You must be tired, fly all the way back here… “He sighed.

“I’m fine… don’t worry about me… just being healthy again…”

“I will… “

Seohyun then called their parents and tell them about this happy news. She said she will taking care of him and they don’t have to be worried about him anymore since he already awakes and even the doctor said that he will be just fine.

“Hyun, can I go home now…”

“No, you can’t”

“Waeyoo? I’m fine now and I don’t want to stuck in here. The smell makes me sick”

“Listen to me; you have to stay here for a couple of days more… I want to make sure everything is fine…” She pecked his lips so sudden.

“Thank you for being here with me…” He said.

“Dee…” She smiled.

Suddenly all the pain seems gone; he never thought that she could be this warmed, this sweet to him. He really loves this woman, even though sometimes she is very stubborn and make him cannot stand her attitude. But, deep down he feels that he finally found someone who make him feel complete after dating so many woman in the past, he realize that no one can replaced her. She was irreplaceable and he hopes that she could loves him the way he loves her.

--c---c---c—

3 days later

After being hospitalized in the last 3 days, finally Yonghwa be able to be home again since the doctor said he was totally alright. He wants to go to the office immediately, but of course Seohyun prohibits him to work since he just recovered.

They arrived at home and Yonghwa goes upstairs to their bedroom and lay in the bed, slowly closed his eyes.

“Oppa…” Seohyun called him as she enters the room.

She is tired too and decides to sleep besides him. Yonghwa was not sleep completely and found her next to him makes him smiled. He wrapped his arms around her, pulled her closer to him and kissed her forehead, he can heard her soft groaned and she snuggled close to him, lay her head on his chest.

After several hours, Seohyun finally wakes up and she feeling really warm then she realized she was really close to him and he hugged her tight. She cannot hide her smiled, then she tried to get up as she wants to refresh herself in the bathroom. But before she could move an inch away from him, he pulled her back. Put a soft kiss on the back of her neck and drowned his face there. She giggled as she found it ticklish.

“Hyun, how about we’re going to Italy since you haven’t attends the exhibition yet and why don’t we have our honeymoon there…”

“Oppa, don’t joking around… You just recovered” She turned back at him and now their face is against each other.

“I’m not joking…”

She paused a moment and then nodded.

“When we’ll be going?”

“How about this weekend, 3 days more”

“Why you really rush? Do you really want to do that?!”

“Do what?”

“That…”

“What is that?!”

“Don’t act innocent Oppa…”

“I don’t have to wait until our honeymoon to do that, I’ll do it right here right now if I want…”

“Don’t you dare…”

“Waeyoo? I’m your husband…”

“Just don’t, I have to prepare myself first”

“I thought you were ready since you decide to marry me…”

“Oppa… don’t talk about this anymore” Her cheek turned red.

“Hyunnie, just don’t think too much… I’m not going to force you if you don’t want to do that… I don’t want to hurt you…”

“Aigoo…”

Yonghwa laughed at her.