Unexpected Event

The Only Exception

 

Yonghwa’s POV

I woke up in the morning and found her nowhere in the room. The house is really quiet. I get up, try to find her downstairs but I can’t find her anywhere, then I saw a note in hanging in the refrigerator;

I’m going to Italy to attending the Diamond exhibition and I’ll be here for 3 days.

Seohyun.

We just married and she leaves me all alone. I sighed. But I still have to go to office today. I have appointment with Hyun Joong-ssi to survey the construction site near Incheon. I take a bath and be ready for working when suddenly Jessica visit my house;

“Yonghwa, where is Seohyun?”

“She’s going to Italy? Waeyoo?”

“I just want to talk about business with her”

“She’ll be back in 3 days…”

“What is she doing there? Oh, must be that Diamond exhibition there. I heard the diamond exhibited there is very rare collection and of course it will be very precious if you could give one of them to your lover” Jessica smiled.

“Really? Hmm, you think I should buy one and give it to her?”

“Maybe you should going after her to Italy…”

“I’m busy, Sica… I wish I could go now”

“Even you haven’t had your honeymoon yet! Oh my! Pity you…” She smiled.

“Stop it, Sica!”

She laughed at me and then leaves. She really loves to tease me!

 

[END of POV]

 

--c—

Yonghwa picked Hyun Joong up in the Victory Enterprises and they’re directly going to the construction site;

“How are you, Yonghwa?”

“Fine, how about you?”

“I’m great… How is Seohyun?”

“She’s going to Italy and leaves me all alone…”

“What she’s up to?”

“Diamond Exhibition…”

“Oh, I heard that exhibition is extraordinary…”

“Jessica said that to me too, is it really that great?”

“Of course, all rare collection will be showed there”

Yonghwa think that maybe he should go after her tonight with Jung private jet. But, he has to work first and make everything going smoothly for this project. They finally arrived in the construction site, it was huge area and they meet the engineers and the architects and discuss about their planned about this real estate, where they will put the office area, the apartment and the houses. They will make everything in this site, so the consumer will not have to go outside the area anymore. They will provide everything and Hyun Joong believes this will be a huge success since Jung’s Corporation also takes part of it. They going around the site when suddenly some of workers didn’t put the iron bars properly, Yonghwa didn’t notice it and it started to fall from its place, Hyun Joong busy talking with the engineers and didn't notice about that too, then the last thing he heard is everyone screamed as Yonghwa being hit by those iron bars. He is unconscious and his head was covered with blood. They immediately bring him to the hospital.

--c---c---c—

Mr. and Mrs. Jung also Mr. and Mrs. Kim immediately go to the hospital after hear about that bad news. Seohyun cannot be reached, since it takes 12 hours from Seoul to Italy.

Yonghwa is treated in the ICU right now and since 2 hours ago, the doctor still inside. All people outside cannot be calm down. They keep walking back and forth. Hyun Joong feels uneasy because he was busy talking with the engineers he didn't notice that Yonghwa was in danger. Hyun Joong cupped his face and scratched his head, he was frustrated. If something happened to him, what about hyunnie, he thought to himself.

Then finally the ICU lamp turned off, it means that they finished give treatment to him. They exhales and start to gather around the doctor;

“How is he?” Mr. Jung asked the doctor.

“Calm down, Mr. Jung… He will be okay. The iron bars didn’t hit any important nerves and all we have to do now is waits for him to wake up since I already do all the necessary surgery just now”

“Thank you, Doctor Lee…” Mr. Jung said.

“You’re welcome, now if you’ll excuse me…”

Mr. and Mrs. Jung get inside the room and looked at their son in pale face makes them hurt. Mrs. Jung cries and her husband just hold her hand, told her that everything will be alright.

 

Meanwhile,

Seohyun’s POV

I falling asleep in the airplane and suddenly I feel something weird inside my chest. My intuition like said that something bad is happening. I will reached Italy soon enough and I will call Oppa when this plane landed. I closed my eyes again, but I cannot sleep anymore. I just wait for the plane which finally landed safely.

I my cellphone and it was Hyun Joong Oppa who called me. I decide to call him back;

“Yobuseyoo…”

“Hyunnie, Yonghwa… he’s got into accident!”

“Mwoo?!”

I paused a moment, I was shocked. I cannot digest what he just said. He is fine this morning when I leave him, but now… Ottoke? I cursed myself not waking him up and say goodbye to him. I regret. What should I do now?!

“Hyunnie, are you okay?”

“Dee… I just arrived and I think I’ll be back again immediately…”

“Just be here, hyunnie…”

I didn’t think again, I’m back to my private jet and going back to Seoul as soon as possible.

“Young miss, is there something happened?” Mr. Park, the pilot asked me.

“My husband, he’s got into accident”

“Oh my! I will fly this plane as fast as I can”

Oppa, don’t you dare leaving me! I warned you…