Volleyball Tournament

What I Call Hell

Hae Ri sighed as she stepped foot in the school compound. Guys were running around as if they were children and some were googling there eyes at some girls. Girls were chatting around and chuckling with their skirts pullled up for guys to get a better look of their butts. Hae Ri made a face in disgust. Why are there such human beings? She thought. She took a look at the girls again and sighed, and why are they so much prettier?  I'm nothing compared to them. She thought.

Just then Minhyun came running to her and nudged her, "Yah!" she yelled. She viciously looked at him for disturbing her thoughts. Of course, Minhyun didn't care and so he said, "You ready for today's tournament?" She looked at him as if he was crazy. "Oh come on! You forgot about the volleyball tournament today? Hello.."  he waved his hands at her face, "...it's the 25th, Hae Ri. Every 25th of the month, there's a volleyball tournament, remember?" Minhyun continued and put his hands on his hips. 

"T-today?! But today is my class versus-" "Mine! Exactly! I knew your head was still screwed somewhere" he laughed. I'm the one who's screwed! I hate volleyball! She thought. Minhyun said goodbye and left as he waved at Hae Ri. She weakly waved back and walked off. 

---

Soon after classes were over, it was time for volleyball. Hae Ri was nervous as she was rubbing her fingers together and her heart beated faster. She changed clothes to the school's grey shorts and blue shirt. She looked at the mirror and saw her reflection, why does the school have such poor sense of fashion? She thought. She then heard someone snickered behind her, "Look, she's in love with her reflection! What a " the girls whispered. As if I can't hear... She rolled her eyes. Hae Ri rolled her eyes and went out of the locker room.

Other classes sat on the bleachers and some were still looking for seats. They had mineral bottles in their hands and some had candies and popcorns with them. How did they manage to get through with those foods? She furrowed her eyebrows as she continued to walk to the field. She spotted Ren, Aaron and JR in the bleachers. Ren saw her and crazily waved at her. Embarassed, she just continued walking.

"15 more minutes," she heard someone whispered to her. She turned around and saw Sungjae. Hae Ri rolled her eyes, "Don't remind me," and showed her tongue. Sungjae chuckled at her cutesy. Then shifted his gaze to the field and smiled, "Goodluck, Kang Hae Ri. If we win, then we'll have to compete agaisnt each other," he said. Her eyes widened, "But we're the ones who won, why do I have to against you?" she questioned.

"I heard that the coach changed the rules. The class who won, then they'll be divided by homeroom numbers, then compete against each other," he declared. Hae Ri looked around and counted the homeroom numbers, "You...We won't be on the same team.." she whispered. He nodded and smiled weakly, "So, goodluck" then he went away.

This is isn't fair, coach! I want to be on the same team as Sungjae! she stomped her feet and folded her arms.

Sadly, the game was about to start. "Everyone get ready!" a few seconds later, he blew the whistle. The game started. Stuggling, Hae Ri tried passing the ball but failed miserably. Everyone on the team was complaining, I didn't choose to be on the team okay! She thought. It was her class's turn to surf.

Sungjae threw the ball up and surfed. The ball flew over the net and to the other team's member who caught it. Minhyun swiftly caught the ball and hit it to the other team. The ball came straight towards Hae Ri, and without thought, she passed the ball successfully. Ah! I got it! Oh my god! I finally hit- Ouch. The ball had hit her head. She fell to the ground and everyone stood silent. Jr stood as his jaw fell. Hae Ri... She was a little dizzy but got on her feet soon. The points were now, 0:2.

With confidence, she played properly and to not disappoint her classmates, she tried playing well. It was Minhyun's turn to surf the ball. He surfed well and the ball went flying over the net to the other team. Hae Ri hit it and the ball flew to Sungjae who smashed the ball to the ground over the net. The points were now, 1:2.

They went on for half an hour with the total marks of 11:11. Another mark will indicate who wins. The game was rough and it was challenging for Hae Ri but she didn't give up. The game became somewhat...fun. Soon became intense when her team won, which led Minhyun in depression, and Hae Ri a separation from Sung Jae. Their team took a 5 minute-break and soon resumed back to the game. Since it was a tiring day for everyone, the coach shortened the points to 5:5.

The game instantly started as the whistle was blown. JR took a close watch at Sung Jae as he might pull something out of his sleeve. I'm watching you Dujae, he thought. Ren drank his water as Minhyun joined them. Aron was eating his chocolate, as usual. After the first round, Hae Ri's team won. She jumped in joy and got back to game mode. Sung jae was concentrating in winning as he surfed the ball.

After 4 more rounds, Hae Ri's team was leading. Then again, it was Sung Jae's turn to surf. But..boom! Smashed at Hae Ri's head. Roughly, she fell on the floor. Sung Jae's eyes bulged open, and so was JR's. JR got up his seat and yelled, "Sung Jae! You're a dead man!" then he ran down the bleachers. Finally got his name right, aigoo. Ren thought. The rest of Nu'est followed their leader down. 

"The heck are you doing to an innocent girl?!" JR yelled at Sungjae as he pushed his shoulder. "Hey you can't be on the fiel-" the coach said but JR didn't give a damn, "Shut up!" he yelled at the couch. The coach meekly walked back to where he was.

Sungjae looked up at the fierced JR and apologised, "I didn't do it on purpose" he said. JR chuckled and went back looking at him straight in the eye, "Bull! You think I'm blind?! I saw you. I saw the way you wanted to win!" JR shoved at Sung Jae. He stumbled back. "No! It was an accident! Why would I hurt Hae Ri?!" Sung Jae defended. 

He rolled his eyes, "Why would I hurt Hae Ri?" JR imitated him with an irritating tone. "Don't give me that crap! You, yourself knew how much you wanted to win, so smashing's the only way!" Hae Ri wouldn't take crap from anyone and stepped up to him, "Shut the hell up! He apologised and said it was an accident, wasn't that enough?!" her face was red, wasn't because she was shy but because of the hot temperature and the situation going on.

"No it's not! You're hurt, so it's not enough!" JR hissed, then he pointed to Sung Jae. "Don't say sorry to me but to Hae Ri..." JR said as he slowly gave up. "...then we're even" Then JR walked away, still angry at what had happened.

"Oooh, leader seems to be on his period" Minhyun said as Ren and him both chuckled. "You're both dead when we get home!" JR said. They both fell silent. 

The game continued and soon ended with Hae Ri's team wining. They cheered and was so happy at her first victory. "I'm sorry.." someone said who stood behind Hae Ri. She turned, "Ah, it's okay, Sung Jae ah. It was an accident afterall right?" then she giggled. "Yeah..an accident..." Sungjae mumbled as he weakly chuckled as well.

-------------

END!! LAWL HI KAY BYE <3