Nu'est

What I Call Hell

It was almost winter, and Baekho was packing his stuff which means with a lot of thick clothes. He was getting ready to leave for a flight to Jeju Island. It leaves first thing in the morning. All the packing made Hae Ri wake up just to find what her brother was doing. She wasn't concern of where he was going since she already knew and so she went back to bed.

In the morning, Hae Ri was woken up by strange clicking sounds. It came from downstairs. Lazily, she got up with her messy hair and went downstairs. It was about 6 in the morning. Then the sound kept going as it was coming from the kitchen. Curious, she walked closer.

“Aish! It burnt” she heard someone curse. Closer she got, she saw who it was.

“Oppa, what are you doing up so early?” Hae Ri said while rubbing her eyes.

“Hae Ri ah! Mianhae. Go back to sleep nae?” Baekho said and smiled.

She walked to the kitchen counter and sat on the stool, “Too late”

Baekho looked at her with piercing eyes but failed to scare her, “Aish wae?!” he pouted like a kid.

“I’m curious of what you’re doing” she quickly answered.

“I’m cooking! Now go back to sleep” he said as he brushed his hair in a frustrating manner. Then Baekho heard giggling sounds, his head shot up.“Cooking?” Hae Ri said as she laughed out loud.

“Is it wrong for a man to cook? Aish” Hae Ri nodded.

“Why are you cooking suddenly? Your flight is at 8” Hae Ri said as soon as she stopped laughing.

“I’m...nothing” he tried not to tell her. Hae Ri pinched him for not telling.

“Okay! I’m cooking because I’ve never cooked for you and I’m going to Jeju for months then-“

“Araso araso. Goodluck cooking kay?” Hae Ri cut him off as she patted his back and leave.

“YAH!” she turned and looked at him. “Could you, um, help me?”  He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. She folded her arms and gave an expression that said: Why should I?

“Cause you know, it keeps on burning,” He said softly. Smiling, Hae Ri went back into the kitchen helped out. After eating breakfast, that was basically cooked by Hae Ri, they got ready to go to the airport.

 

_____________________

After Baekho went to Gate 11 at Incheon Airport, Hae Ri felt so lonely and weak. She stood there with her eyes locked on her brother until he was out of sight. She wanted to cry miserably but couldn’t, no tears would come out. She didn’t want to be left behind in a big city alone. overall, living with 4 boys.

She turned around as she was about to leave. She then bumped into a figure. She looked up to see 4 tall figures standing upon her.“Yah, watch where you’re going!” the figure hissed and rolled his eyes.

She blinked a few times, “M-mianhae,” but then her vision cleared and so she saw their faces clearly. Ren, Minhyun, JR and Aron were standing there, with a sour expression.

“Ah hyung, its Baekho hyung’s sister!” Ren said.

“Chincha?” Aron said as he walked towards her and examined her from top to toe.

“Mmmm, she kind of looks like Baekho. Annyeonghaseyo, Aron imnida!” Aron said as he took out his hand for a handshake. Hae Ri was still in shock and couldn’t move.

“What are you, a doll? He said hi” JR said sourly.

“A-annyeonghaseyo,” then she bowed instead of shaking his hand. He retrieved his hand back in his pocket.

“So, having you as a new housemaid, interesting,” Minhyun said and chuckled.

“I’m not your housemaid! For the record, I’m living with you which means I clean my own stuff, wash my own dishes, wash and dry clean my own clothes. You clean your own stuff, araso?!” all of them flinched of what Hae Ri said.

“Woah, feisty” Minhyun said.

Aron chuckled, “Look out, we got a badass over here!” Ren giggled as JR high fived Aron.

“Let’s go. I’m dying to go back sleep” Minhyun said as he walked ahead of everyone else. Hae Ri followed from behind.