Mirror

True Ghost Stories

There's always this one thing that bothers me whenever I stepped into that house.

The mirror.

The first thing you see when you step in the house.

It's placed in front of the stairs so when you walk down the stairs, you see yourself.

Although it bothered me, I didn't ask why it was placed there.

 

 

It was on the 25th on December. Christmas. The time where all of us gather at our uncle's house to have a feast and open presents. It was a night full of happiness to everybody, but not for me.

 

For me, it was a frightening night.

 

It started when my family and I came to my uncle's house around 7:00. My family and I was the last one to arrived there so mostly everyone is done eating. We greeted our elders and came to the kitchen to eat. But as soon as I stepped into the kitchen, I felt sick and excused myself to the restroom. One of my cousin was using the restroom downstairs so I had to use the one upstairs. 

It was my first time going upstairs because I never went up before. 

Because all the lights upstairs were turned off, it was pitched black and I could barely made my way to the restroom. I went inside the restroom and shut the door. I washed my face and dried it with a towel. I looked up at the mirror again and I let out a terrifying scream.

There was a face of an old woman in the mirror. She had red eyes and black blood was coming out of . I quickly ran out of the restroom and when I looked back, the woman was chasing after me. I quickened my face and ran downstairs. 

When I reached the last step, I turned saw the woman in the standing in the middle of the stairs, not moving a single step. Slowly, she made her ways upstairs.

I told my everyone what happened after and they told me that was the reason why the mirror was placed in front of the stairs. The reason why the woman stopped chasing after me is because she saw the reflection of herself in the mirror and got scared.

An exorcist once came to my uncle's house and said that the house was very evil and suggested him moving out, but my uncle said he will not move out because it was a house he really loved. So the exorist, left with no choice, suggested that he put a mirror in front of the stairs. So whenever a ghost tries to go downstairs, it will see its reflection and get scared.

I never thought the mirror would have such a history to it but I was relieved it was placed there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This happened to me on Christmas and it was so scary that I had nightmares for the past few weeks ._.