The Little Girl

True Ghost Stories

"Bye Jessica!" I gave my friend one last wave before heading home. It was 4:30 and I just got out of school due to late basketball practice. I hummed to a song and started walking home. 

Suddenly, I heard footsteps right behind me. Feeling eerie, I turned back to see who was behind me.

I saw no one.

*Just my imagination* I thought and shrugged it off. I started humming another song but soon, I heard footsteps behind me again. I started to quickened my pace. Next thing you know, I was running. 

But then the I heard footsteps coming closer and closer. I quickly turned around and saw a little girl in a white dress, staring at me.

I sighed and fell on my knees. "You scared me."

 

She didn't reply.

She just continued staring me. Freaked out, I quickly got up and ran away.

 

"You know I saw a little girl today," I told Jessica over the phone.

"Oh really? What happened?" Jessica asked.

"I saw her on my way home. I heard footsteps following me and when I turned around there was nobody. Then suddenly she just popped up out of nowhere behind me." 

"Ooooh she could be a ghost," Jessica whispered. 

"Oh shut up! She can't be a-" 

 

Beep

 

"Hello? Jessica? Are you there?!" 

No reply

I checked my phone and it said 'No Signal'

"What the hell....." I threw my phone on my bed. 

 

knock knock

 

I heard a knock on my window. My eyes widened and I froze at my spot.

Who could be knocking on my window at this time...?

I quietly made my way to the window and opened the curtain. 

My mouth was wide opened when I saw who was standing right in front of my house door. 

 

The little girl

 

She suddenly moved her head towards my bedroom and she was now staring at me. 

I let out a gasp and quickly closed the curtain, and opened it again.

 

She was gone.

 

For the next few days, I took the bus home. I didn't stay home alone either. I was afraid she might appear again.

But then one day Jessica and I was late for the bus, and we both decided to walk to her house. 

"Basketball is so tiring! I might quit the team," Jessica complained and crossed her arms. "Yeah it is. But basketball is my favorite sport," I laughed.

"I hate how the coach make us run 2 laps around the court if one of us messes up," Jessica complained some more. Jessica sighed and glanced at me.

"So have you been seeing her around?" Jessica asked. 

"Who?" 

"That little girl."

"N-no. Don't bring her up. It feels uncomfortable talking about her," I shivered when it suddenly got colder.

We reached Jessica's house and she opened the door. We threw our shoes on the floor and walked upstairs to her bedroom.

"Geeee I am sure tired today," Jessica stretched and yawned as she entered the room.

Suddenly, she froze at her spot. 

I did too.

There was a figure of a human underneath her blankets.

Jessica lived alone.

Carefully, I made my way towards her bed. grabbed the sheet of blankets and-"

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!" 

There layed the little girl who I met that day, laying dead on Jessica's bed.

I covered her with the blankets and after a few seconds later, I pulled the blanket down again.

She was gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This happened to my older sister last week. We were told that a crime scene happened around where we lived which cause the death of the little girl my sister saw. Although I have no idea how she ended up in Jessica's bed .__. I was pretty creeped out when my sister told me this. But RIP that little girl who died. 

One more thing I wanna say is that you guys are more than welcome to share with me your ghost experiences. I am more than happy to hear them all :] Have a wonderul night!