Dear Grandma

True Ghost Stories

My grandma is seventy nine years old. Her husband had passed away and all her children had grown up and move away. Which also means my mom had left me and went somewhere far away. But we still keep in contact with each other.

I stayed at my grandma's house and was taken care by her from when I was ten until I was sixteen, when I also decided to move out to see how life was like. 

 

So my grandma  was alone.

 

Ten years had passed and I now have a husband and three loving children. I finally had a chance to come back to visit my grandma, but unfortunately, my three children was sick and my husband had to take care of them, so only I could visit her. Although I really wanted her to meet my family, I thought I am lucky to even see her again. For she, is like my own mother.

I boarded the bus for three hours until I had finally arrived.

At last, I can see her again.

 

I grabbed my purse and left the bus. I walked another block and I finally stood in front of the house.

It was beautiful.

Nothing had changed at all.

It remained like the last time I last saw it.

 

I knocked on the door and was eager to see her.

"Grandma, it's me. It's Hana! I'm finally back!" I waited for a few seconds but no reply.

Suddenly, the door creaked and opened by itself. 

"G-grandma?" I let out a whisper as I looked inside the house. 

It was filled with darkness. 

I set one foot in and carefully look for the light switch. I moved my hands around until I felt the light switch and turned the lights on.

*Where's grandma?*

"Hana..? Is that you?" I heard a voice coming from the kitchen.

"G-grandma?! Is that you?" I turned around and saw her. I immediately ran over and gave her a hug. "I miss you so much!"

But something was weird. REALLY weird. 

She was cold as ice.

"W-why are you so cold?" I asked.

"It is winter afterall." she laughed. "I'll make us breakfast right now so why don't you set up the tables."

"Sure. But I gotta make a call real quick so I'll be right back." I excused myself to the bathroom and called my husband. But just then, a strange number popped up.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hana. It's me, Rachel." the woman on the other line said.

"Rachel?" I paused. "Mom? Why are you calling?"

"I heared you were coming to visit your grandma. I know you're going to be shocked when you hear this, but...she's dead."

My heart stopped for a moment.

"W-who?" I stammered.

"Your grandma. She passed away a week ago..."

 

I dropped my phone and ran out to the kitchen. 

Grandma...disappeared...

 

---------------------------------------------------

So this event actually happened to one of my cousin around the 90s. It's sad and she cried a lot after that. She wasn't crying because she was scared, but because she missed her grandma.