Waking Up: Who Am I?

Sweet Treats: You Put The L In Love

Ever wondered what L looked like laughing?

//Dream//

It was warm and bright. The soft grass swaied around me. I rocked back and forth on the blue swing set. The wind dancing around me so calmly. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. "Hey you." I looked up through clouded eyes at a boy. He was standing right in front of me. His face blinded by the sunlight. "Why are you crying?" He asked. I couldn't speek, just continued to sob. With a hunched over body, he started to walk in front of me. "N-no! Stop!" A ring of fire erupted around me. Burning the silky green grass to black ash. He didn't listen. Just continued to walk forward. My eyes widened in shock as he stepped through the flames with out getting burnt at all. Once he was standing directly in front of me, the fire blew out. The soft grass still swaying as if nothing had happened at all. "It's alright. I won't let go." His woords were sounding farther and farther away as the world around me grew fuzzier and fuzzier. Till there was blank nothingness.

My eyes drooped open slowly. A numb nothingness was all I could feel in my body. "Huh?" My lazy gaze shifted around the room. The bright, white room. My left eye bandaged shut. "Where am I?" I thought aloud. The door knob of the bland, white door jiggled. A doctor with slicked back hair stepped in with a clip board in hand. "Hello, sleeping beauty. Feeling better?" He asked with a kind grin. I sat up carefully. "I guess. Was I feeling bad before?" He chuckled a bit. "You were hit by a car; I'd say you’d feel pretty bad." My eyes widened in shock. "I-I was!? When!?" His kind smile flattened out. "Tell me, what's your name?" I thought for a moment. "Uhhhh....um..." I flushed in embarrassment. He felt my forehead. "Can you tell me today's date?" My head shook as a heavy sigh leaked through his lips. "Classic amnesia." "Wh-what are you talking about?" I asked. "It's a condition where you lose all, some, or most of your memory. It can be healed or it could stay permanent." a paper on his clip board was flipped over. "What's the last thing you remember?" He asked. I thought long and hard. My head started to throb at the strain. "N-nothing...um." Another sigh leaked out of his throat. "I'll be right back." With that he left. 'Amnesia, what does he mean I lost my memory? More importantly, when did I get hit by a flipping car!?' I thought completely bugging out. The door knob started to jiggle again. Only this time it wasn't the doctor. It was a man in a large over coat with a hat covering most of his face. Click went the lock of the door. The muscles in my throat tightened the closer he got. "It's rather warm in here, isn't it?" The hat and coat was removed and hung on the rack. 'Phew, it's just some old guy.' I sighed in relief. His hair was slicked back as well. A white mustache on his upper lip along with a finally laced suit. "Who are you?" I asked. "My name is Watari. And I have a message for you from someone very important." He sat a laptop on my lap and opened the top. Taking his coat and hat; leaving he room once again. the screen was blank for a moment. Just as I was about to press a key a large L appeared on the screen. "Gah!" I yelped in surprise. "Hello Aceline. Glad to see you're awake." Spoke the computer like voice.  "Uhhh, hello? My name is Aceline?" I asked. The computer man was silent for a moment. "*sigh* Yes. My name is L." My head tilted to the side. Another digitalized sigh leaked out from him. "Listen. you have meet Watari, correct?" My head nodded. "Good, he will take you to your new home where I will be there waiting for you. I'll answer any questions you have." My brow furrowed. "Wait, how can I trust you? I just meet you....kind of." the screen switched off before I got an answer. 'Jesse, good bye to you too.' I huffed closing the laptop and sitting it on the chair next to me. The doctor walked in without me noticing. "Ok, you seem to be in top shape now. You're free to go." He grinned. Watari walked in next. "Thank you so very much." He bowed. The bandages on my arms, legs, and eye were removed. an eye patch placed over it. "Now you need to keep this on until your next check up, ok?" My head nodded as I smiled brightly. "Ok, just check out at the front desk when you're ready to leave." With one final bow, he left. Watari pulled out a small leather bag. "You can get changed into these. I'll be waiting right here." I nodded and wobbled out of bed. Taking the bag and walking into the bathroom. It was a simple T-shirt and jeans with black high-tops. (Me: 'Cuz you got to have the high-tops =w=) I fixed my hair so, instead of a frizzled mess, it was one long braid that curved to rest over my right shoulder. A reflection of myself was staring back at me in the mirror. It's eyes so lost and confused. It's skin a sickly pale. Slowly, I unlaced he eye patch over my eye. Keeping that one eye shut. Nothing seemed to be wrong with it. 'I can't. What if it's all messed up? Or not even there!?' With all my courage, I closed both eyes, and opened my left. "Woah..." Was all I could say. Instead of the vomit green walls with blank white tiles, everything was the opposite color it was suppose to be The white tiles were black and grey with the walls a bright orange. The thing that really freaked me out were the letters. Floating right above my head. "Aceline McGruffin." I read aloud. 'This isn't happening. You're just imagining things.' I told myself putting the eye patch back on and opening my other eye. Gathering all y other clothes, I walked out of the bathroom and out of the hospital with Watari. Whatever I saw in the bathroom, I hope I don't need to see again.

(Chibi: Ohhhhhhh! I think you all can put two-and-two together on what Ace saw in the bathroom right? And yes I did make her forget again. >:D)