Death Note Found!: What Are You Doing With This?

Sweet Treats: You Put The L In Love

>>Now>>

~Your POV~

"Hey Ace," I looked over the rim of my book as Light walked over to me. A hot tea in his hands. "What do you think about me?" He asked with a sly smirk. My eyes rolled in annoyance. "Light, just because your over my place to work on a science experiment does not mean you are eligible to flirt with me." I grumbled tossing my book on the soft bed. He sat on his knees across from me at my low desk table. The cup making a small tap as it hit the wood. "Can't blame a guy for trying." He shrugged. I got my bookbag and slipped out the notes from today. He did the same with some of his things leaking out of the case. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a small black book. Assuming it was something unimportant and started to compare notes.

>>1 hour later>>

 was lying on my bed with my legs crossed over each other. My fingers locked behind my head. "Where's the bathroom?" I pointed to the back door. He nodded and swiftly entered it. That's when I sprang into action. Quickly, but carefully, I laced open his pack and slipped out the little black notebook. A surge of energy rushed through me the moment I came in contact with the smooth surface. My brow furrowed in confution. "Death Note?" I read aloud. The flush of the toilet made my ears twitch with the faucet running. Quickly, I closed his pack again and sandwiched the book in-between my mattress. Laying down on my bed again. Just after he walked out fixing his watch. "I think I should get going." My heart felt like it was racing. "Ok. See ya' later." With a simple head nod he grabbed his pack and left. Tick...tick...tick went my clock till I finally heard a loud slam. A large lump still sat like a rock in my throat. I pulled out the book and ran my fingers over the cover. "What would Light be doing with something like this?" I thought. The inside was what really interested me. Rule one: a human's name that is written in the death note will die." My eyes widened in shock as the pages turned over till I was at a lined one. Names filled and scribbled all over the page. "Gah!" My head throbbed as I read the name sloppily scratched over it. "Lind L. Tailor." L...L...Who is L? It sounds so familiar.

//Flashback//

~Tears were streaming over my eyes like waterfalls. My arms locked around his body with his laced around my shoulders. "Stop crying, you're staining my shirt." He mumbled through his words. My face burrowed into his shirt. "I don't want to go. I don't want to leave." I lifted my face up to match his. "I don't want to leave you." His face was bank, but his eyes lightly flickered with emotion. He got to one knee and wrapped his arms hard around me. "I'll come back for you. I promise."~

//Now//

I finished reading all the strangely scripted rules. It was almost 8:00 by the time I was done my detective work. My brain was dizzy with my heart pounding blood throughout my body. Cold sweat leaking off my brow. Whatever light was doing with this, it wasn’t good. Later I searched up “Lind L. Tailor” on my computer as a blog popped up. “Kira is...justice?” I read aloud. My eyes were trying to deceive me. I knew it. “Local reporting’s state that the now known serial killer, Kira, is killing every criminal he finds. Many people around the world agree with this concept and report Kira being justice of the new world.” The blog read going on and on about godly powers and inhuman acts that criminals of Japan disserve. It was discussing. My head was throbbing even harder now. “Light,” I picked up the black book in my hands. “What are you doing with this?”

.::Meanwhile::.

“Maybe you dropped it.” Ryuuk continued to taunt me as I dug all around the room for the Death Note. “Shut up. I did not lose it.” Just then there was a knock at my door. “Light, can I talk to you?” My father asked. Quickly, I swung open the door as he stepped inside. “What is it Dad?” He sat on my bed as I sat on my desk chair. “You may not know this, but I’m working on the investigation to find Kira.” His sentence was blunt. But my face reacted in shock. Not seriously though. “Wh-what? Really?” I asked in disbelief. He nodded and scratched his cheek. “Also with....L.” I had to hold back the cunning smile with an open gasp. “R-really? Have you meet him yet?” Slowly, his head tilted up and down. On the inside I was grinning from ear to ear. “And he wants you to join the Japanese task force.” Perfect. This was all going according to my plan. “I-I don’t know what so say.” “You don’t say a word to anyone. You will meet with him tomorrow afternoon.” It was silent between us for awhile. Then he left without saying a word. “Well well well, someone’s a lucky duck aren’t they?” Ryuuk chuckled. I ignored him and switched on my desk lamp light. ‘Well Ace, if you really do have the Death Note, then I guess you won’t mind sharing it...’ I thought opening up my notes and reviewing them once again.

(Chibi: I forget if Light had a convo about meeting L. So I just made something up. :P)