Apples: A Strange Encounter?

Sweet Treats: You Put The L In Love

>>The Next Day>>

I was walking through the streets with my hand gripping my bag. I don't know why, but it felt like someone was watching me. "How many this time, Ace?" The fruit stand manager laughed as I approached him. "Just three." I smiled handing him the money. He picked out three shiny apples and gave them to me. Plus an extra. "Free of charge." I bowed and waved. "Thanks Mr. Yoshida." The sweet juice off the crisp red fruit filled my mouth. Making it water. Man I loved apples. The town was quite calm during this time of day. "Hey, did you hear that Kira killed thirteen criminals last night?" A young school boy asked. "Yeah! It has to be a new record." The girl next to him stated as we passed. It made my stomach twist into a knot thinking of how I was into all of this. "Ah, Aceline-Chan!" My head snapped around. 'Umm....my imagination?' Just as I turned back around I bumped into someone and fell back. Being caught by my arm quickly. "Are you alright?" My eyes glared at the male. "You again, god!" I sighed snatching my arm from Hedeki's grasp. His head tilted at the gesture. "What do you want now? I fall asleep for a second and your gone." I grumbled with my arms crossing in front of my chest. "Sorry." His words were flat and unbelievable. He walked over to the benched in a slouched position. His hands dug into his pockets as he sat in his I believe usual, weird position. I stood my ground with an Annie face. "Come. Sit." I gave off a hard huff and stomped next to him. Crossing my legs with my arms still over my chest. The cherry blossoms were falling around us. "So what do you want? I ask again." He thought for a moment then turned to me. "You seemed to be distracted by something." He started. My brow furrowed. "What is it?" My face flattened out into a strait frown. (Me: I don't know how a frown can be strait, but..) "Why do you care? I just meet you!" My head was throbbing hard. His blank stare continued to linger me. "You were always like this." He sighed in a whisper. My brow arched in suspicion. "Excuse me?" "I said, that's to bad." His voice was almost believable. Almost. "Look, I have to go now." Just as I was about to walk off, he held me back. "Meet me here at 3:00 PM. Tomorrow." He handed me a slip of paper and walked off. Climbing into a dark limo. Leaving me in a confused state. "Okaaaaay?" I walked off in the direction of my house. Trying to ignore the whole thing at once.

 

>>the Next Day/2:15 PM>>

I was standing in front of the large building where he wanted me to meet him. "A hotel. Seriously?" I asked myself walking inside. The interior wasn't all that fancy. Just your simple hotel. There was something odd about it though. In the corner holding a magazine was a guy in a large jacket. A hat matching that shadowed the rest of his face. He appeared to be watching me. 'Just walk away Ace. Keep moving.' I thought to myself. I stepped onto the elevator and pushed the 32nd floor. The man got up and started to walk towards me. 'Come on, come on!" I growled franticly pressing the closing door button. The metal doors sealed shut just as he was about to step inside. "Phew." A sigh of relief escaped my lungs. That was close. Every time we reached a new floor, a small ding went off. Along with the painfully boring elevator music. "Hurry uuuuup." My wishes were granted as the final ding went off. I stepped onto the plush carpet of the hallway. The elevator doors closing and sliding down behind me. I was quiet. Not even a maid passed through. "Hello?" I called. No answer but a light echo. 'Ok, weird.' I thought stepping through each hallway"#300, #301, #302, and #303 here you are." My fist raised and gently knocked on the door. "Hello? Anyone home?" I called. Silence was spoken. "Hello, it's me Aceline." The door slowly creaked open then flew out wide. "Hello." Hedeki greeted. "Hey." He led me inside to a finely furnished living room. Tea and sweets were laid out over the coffee table. Along with some folders stacked neatly in a pile. "Come and sit." I sat my bag next to me as I sat on the striped couch. He sat next to me in an award strait posture. Different from what I’ve seen before. I could see the muscled in his throat clench together as his jaw flattened. Almost as if he was in pain. "Are you ok?" I asked. He gave out a deep sigh and hunched forward. "It is hard for me to sit strait." He sighed standing up, hunched forward. "Then sit like you normal would. I don't care." he looked at me for a brief moment. The corners of his lips itching o curl upwards, but continued to stay flat. He sat with his toes over the edge with his knees pressed against his chest. "So... Why did you want me to come here?" I asked. He rubbed the pad of his thumbs over his bottom lip. "I’ve been doing some researching, going through old files." He stated. "Oh, about what?" I asked popping a gumdrop into my mouth. "You." My eyes widened as I gasped in for hair. The candy stuck in my throat. He patted my back until it slipped down. "Wh-what!?" I asked wiping my bottom lip of drool. "Why would you be researching about me!?" My voice became furious. He held up his pointer finger to me. "I'll only tell you if you promise to behave and not get angry." A hard growl leaked through my teeth. "Who are you, my father!?" He didn't respond. Just raised his eyebrows higher. "Fine." I grumbled flopping back on the couch crossing my legs. Arms folded over my chest. He was quiet for a moment. Probably shocked that I actually listened for the first time in my life. "All those files are all your recorded history." My furrowed brow loosened abit. "Would you like to read them or do you want me to read them for you?" I was speechless as he picked up the first file with his pointer and thump. Sitting next to me again. "May 17, Fire burning house down to the ground. Source, a lit candle next to an oily frying pan. On survivor. 8 year old Aceline McGruffin." my hand clasped over my mouth as all those memories started to flood back. The fire. The heat. The screaming and crying. The rotting smell of burning flesh stanching up my nose. "Parents both dead. Nothing remained but... I should not tell you the last part." My nose started to urn bright red as I fanned myself with my hand. "Go on t the next one. I can handle it." My words were croaked out with puffy eyes. He nodded and grabbed the next file. The word "Wammy's" imprinted on the side tab. "Name: Aceline McGruffin. Anailis: Ace Smithen. Age: 8. Height: 7'9 Weight: 74 lbs. IQ...over 100." He read aloud as more memories started to come back to life. A hard pounding in my head started. "Adoptive Parents: Mr. & Mrs. Yokito. (Brought back for idiotic and chaotic behavior). Adoptive Parents: Mr. & Mrs. Smith. (Brought back for vandalism.) And the list goes on." He closed the folder and sat it next to him. "You went through 13 foster families in 1 year. Why did you do all those things?" My brain was fuzzy as the world around me through forming tears.

//Flash Back//

"Aceline." Watari called me again. I clung onto L's shirt for dear life. "No! You can't make me!" I squeaked out. "You must." A hand was placed on top of my head. "A." I looked up through clouded eyes. "I don't want to leave you again." The door shut telling me Watari left. "I told you I would come back for you last time, didn't I?" I nodded slowly. He lifted my chin and cupped my cheek. "Do I ever brake my promises?"Ii was shocked by what he did next. His lips laced over mine so perfectly. My eyes clenched tight, letting the ears spill over. My arms locked around his neck and held him close. "You need to go." He whispered. I gulped and nodded, squeezing him as tight as I could. Filling my nose with his scent before I walked off. To meet my new parents.

//Now//

Tears were threatening to fall. "Why? Why did you do it?" I asked. Hs head tilted to the side. I jumped to my feet and let the tears rush down my face. "How could you!? There was a reason I suppressed all those memories! And you just had to bring the back!" I hollered at him. "Aceline." "No! Just...SHUT UP!" With that I rushed out of the room in my socks. No time for the elevator. I kicked open the door to the stairs and rushed down as fast as I could. "That idiot! I hate you so much!" I heard steps rush down behind me. I quickened my pase and ran out though the lobby and outside at top speed. Rain was pouring down on me. Drenching me to the bone as soon as a few seconds. Along with the tears streaming down my face. "I HATE YOU!" I hollered at the top of my lungs. Not caring who hears it or who looks at me. "Aceline I looked over to Heideki was standing. "Get over here!" "No...no..NO!" I ture around and started running. Two bright lights were flashing at me along with a honking horn. "No." That was all I could remember before I out. Two white lights and a loud horn.

~L's POV~

"Aceline!" I hollered rung over to her. A crowd of people gathered around, stopping traffic. He body was limp in my arms as I sat on my knees in front of her. Small amounts of blood were leaking from her head. Dripping over my flesh along with the cold rain. "Call and ambulance!" Someone shouted. But it was quiet nothingness in my ears. I couldn't even hear the splashing rain. "Aceline...Aceline." Was the only thing I could say. "Gah.." She silently grunted out. My hand grasped onto her's. Her eyelids drooped open by a little. Squeezing my hand back. "Don't let go." She whispered before backing out again. "This time, I won't let go." The ambulance sirens were approaching quickly "I promise." 

(I personally think this chapter crab apples, but that's just me. Thanks for all your support! :) )