Friends or Lovers: Could I Be Something More?

Sweet Treats: You Put The L In Love

(Epicness right here)

>>Later That Day>>

~Your POV~

My eyes stared back into the dark chocolate orbs in the mirror. My golden blond hair waved and curled over my shoulders. I hand to touch my face just to feel me...because who was looking at wasn't me. "Ace." Watari popped his head into my room. "L has requested your presence now. Taking one last look into the reflected glass, I followed him out into the metal walled hallway. My black, leather boots clinking on the floor with every step I took. I felt my tucked in shirt stick out at the back from under my red, pleaded skirt. My hands tucked it in as soon as we reached the door. He glided it open and stepped inside. I followed close behind. Low murmurs whispered through the room. That's when I realized something...I was the only female here! ;A; Watari cleared his throat as everyone stopped turned around at us. L's figure illuminated by the bright computer screen in front of him. "I have brought Kimka as you requested, Ryuzzaki." With that Watari left. Everyone's eyes staring at me accept the cute panda eyes that flickered with emotion for a nanosecond when they matched mine. My mouth opened to speak but quickly snapped shut as a man came rushing up to me. "Hello! M-my name is Matsuda. You're Kimika, correct." His tone was light and caring. My lips pursed into a small smile as I slowly nodded. "Kimika is no one of your business, Matsua." L's voice echoed throughout the room. Matsuda's head turned away in embarrassment; cheeks lightly flushing. L turned around on the metal chair and climbed off. His hands slipping his hands into his jean pockets. "O-oh, sorry Ryuzzaki." L gestured me forward as Matsuda rushed of somewhere else. I slowly walked forward towards him. His eyes darted away from me multiple times. The corner of his mouth twitching down. His hand rested on the small of my back as I turned back around to face everyone once again. "If you all must know, Kimika is an assistant of sorts. She will complete small type jobs such as organizing files or researching in the data banks of the computer." Some mumbles came from around the room. "However," Their attention snapped back towards him. "She is just as important to finding Kira as any of us. She will only completing jobs by my consideration only." His hand slipped down under the hem of my skirt from behind. I tried to keep a straight face, but the pink roses on my cheeks still bloomed. He tucked in the fabric of my lose shirt and smoothed it out over my black tights. Removing his hand once it was secure. After a few moments, people started to return back to their own business again. L sat in his chair once more as I wheeled a chair next to him. It was quiet for the most part. My thumbs twirled around in circles as L tapped on the key board in front of him. "Uhh..um..K-Kimika-chan." I glanced over my shoulder as Matsuda was waving a hand over to where he was sitting. "Um..." I stood up and walked over to him. "Yes?" I asked. His cheeks grew rather pink. "U-Ummm. Can you help me sort all these files?" My eyes glanced over to L. He continued to type and not notice my presence gone. "Shure!" I smiled sitting next to him organizing the folders in alphabetical order. Surprisingly, it was very easy for me. Matsuda...well...let’s just say 'a,b,c' isn't as easy as '1,2,3.' (Me: LOL) it was pretty much smooth sailing after that. I didn't do very much either.... BEST. FIRST DAY. EVER! Some people already left. Others beginning to leave. With no windows, it was kind of hard for me to tell what time it was. "Matsuda." A man in a large coat called over. His eyes were narrow and kind of scary looking. "Oh, well. I need to leave now." Matsuda said pulling on his coat as well. "Nice to meet you Kimika-chan. See you tomorrow!" With that he walked out with the other man. A small smile was plastered on my cheeks as I turned around. Knocking hard into someone upon impact. I fell to my from the force. "Oh, I'm sorry." I looked up to meet the eyes of a tall boy. He had light brown hair with similar eyes to match. He held out a hand to me with a warming smile. My smile lightly grew as he helped me to my feet. "No, it's my fault. I should have looked where I was going." I bowed. He chuckled a bit. "My name is Light. Light Yagami." I shook his hand and said, "My name is Kimika. Nice to meet you." 'So this is the guy L thinks’ is Kira. Strange. He doesn’t look like a murderer.' I thought. "Light." A man with black hair turning grey called for him. "Oh, that's my father." He let go of my hand and moved over towards him. Just before he walked out, he turned back to me and waved good bye. I waved back and turned around once more. Knocking into someone again. 'Man. The patch on my eye is really bugging me.' I grumbled as a hand was stretched out towards me. I looked up as L's shadow illuminated over me. I took his hand as I was helped to my feet. Then pulled into his chest. "U-um..." His hands wrapped around me and fiddled at the back of my skirt. Tucking in the lose fabric once again. "You need to change your shirt. You'll look like a duck if this doesn't stay in." He stated. My ear was pressed against his ribs as the ring of his heart echoed through my ears. Bu-bump...bu-bump. Is how a normal heart would go. But his was rapidly beating like a drum. Going bu-bumpbu-bump-bu-bump. With no breaks. I looked around over his shoulder. No one was here. Everyone must have gone home. "L...I mean Ryuzzaki. I think your blood sugar is too high." I stated leaning back. His face was blank as usual. I took his hand and placed it over his heart. My warm flesh heating is own. He grew silent for a moment. Then moved his free hand so it was over my chest. "They're the same..." His voice was to a hushed whisper that I could barely hear. "Wh-what?" He took my hand and placed it on my chest. His hand over lapping mine. "Our heart beats, they're going at the same rhythm." He was right. Our hearts were pounding in perfect harmony. Slowly, I tugged my hands away and wrapped them around his waist. "What are you doing?" He asked. My nose just burrowed into the crook of his neck. "Warming you up, you're as cold as death." His arms slowly eased their way around the small of my back. "Thank you." He muttered in the nook of my collar bone.

>>Nightfall>> (Or, 9:30...whatever)

My head slumped on the pillow again as I cradled the opposite one in my arms. Squeezing

the life out of it. I don't know why, but I just couldn't fall asleep. I tried everything. Drinking a warm glass of milk. Taking a hot shower. Forcing myself to sleep. Everything! Suddenly, the door started to creak open. I closed my eyes and pretended to be lollygagging in dream land already. "Ryuzzaki, are you sure about this?" It was Watari. Confusion and concern filled his words to the brim. Smooth fingers my cheek. "I'm 51.2% sure that Kira won't come after Aceline." A strand of my natural, not wig blond, hair was tucked behind my ear. "However, this is the first time in years that I've gotten the least bit of rest. Even for a few hours. And I have a 99.3% intention of not to lose what is rightfully mine again." Watari let out a heavy sigh. "Very well." With that the door closed once again. The room lingering with darkness. "You do not have to pretend anymore, Aceline. I know you were awake." His voice was calm and steady. I pulled them open and laid on my back. The moon light shining through the window caressed his face so perfectly. He didn't look away this time. "What did you mean, 'What is rightfully mine'?" I asked. He fell silent for a moment. Suddenly, he crawled on top of me with his knees holding him up with his elbows supporting some of his weight at the sides of my head. I didn't move. Couldn't breathe. Our eyes still locked together. "You are what is right fully mine," He whispered. Our faces slowly started to come closer and closer together. Eyes drooping down, but not leaving contact. His lips hovered right above mine. Almost torment me as his hot breath started to warm my face. "And I'm not losing you again." Finally, our lips crashed against each other. It was shocking at first. I mean, L, the emotional deficient, know-it-all, mastermind was kissing...me. My eyes slowly drooped closed as my arms found their place around his neck. Tucking his knees up more, he wrapped his arms around the upper part of my back. Unlike the rest of his body, his lips were warm and soft. Tasting like sugar all over. I tangled my fingers in his black locks. Forcing a deeper, richer kiss. I never wanted it to end. I didn't want to stop. But, like most people, I needed to pull away slightly; in a breath before diving in again. He stopped me by rolling to his side before our lips even grazed each other. "You're getting greedy." He stated. I pouted and scrunched up my nose "How am I getting greedy? It was only one kiss!" He pulled in as there was a micro sliver of space between our mouths. "One kiss is one kiss, but two will lead to more. Then you will never get any sleep if you want more than just one kiss." He purred so smoothly. My face blazed red in seconds. 'Why did he have to go there?' I thought as he pulled away; slipping under the covers. My body was pulled into his chest. I was only warring a large T-shirt and underwear, but I didn't really care at that moment. His arms circled my waist as a sudden sleepiness took over me. Slowly, I eased into his surprising warm body, and slipped away into the darkness of the night.

//Dream//

It was cold. Snow fell from the sky and landed on my body. I was only in a pair of pants and a thing, long sleeved shirt. An icy breeze howled around me as I continued to walk bare foot through the frozen rain. "So...cold." My mind was turning blank as my vision was blurry. I felt my body collapse onto the snowy tundra. All I wanted to do was die. To make the cold go away. A shadow lingered above me. Scooping me up on its arms then carrying me forward. He was warm and soft. I hugged it tighter and burrowed my red nose into the crook of its neck. The figure stepped into a small, wooden house and walked up the stairs. Laying me in the bed then crawling in next to me. My body hugged it more. The cold starting to ease away. "Thank you." I whispered. The figure lifted my chin and paced a gentle kiss on my cheek. Slowly, the world around me started to disappear as I was pulled back out into the black nothingness of my mind.

 

(Chibi: I may start character convo' here. Idk.)