Backstage

Ready Or Not?

Key: Me and the others are waiting backstage, Hye Rim is here with her group, and so are Se7en, and T.O.P.  Onew goes over the song we’re to perform, stressing that we don’t mess up like we did in rehearsal yesterday afternoon.
“We won’t, Onew,” we all moan.


“Stop being a perfectionist,” I add with a smirk. From the corner of my eye I catch Hye Rim glancing at T.O.P.

Hye Rim: I am sitting backstage with my unnies, and I’m trying to get pumped for the performance through listening to music. I turn on GD&TOP’s Bbeokigayo. It really gets me excited because I think it’s a fantastic song, and I know it all by heart. I start lip-syncing to all the words, even throwing in some rapper “swag” type hand movements, thinking no one could possibly notice. At some point however, I must have started softly saying them out loud, because I hear some slight breathing behind me, and an oddly familiar deep voice asks, “Are you a fan?”
T.O.P: She turns around slowly and a little startled and I can’t help but give my trademark irresistibly attractive smirk, “You seem to know every word by heart.”
Hye Rim: T.O.P. T.O.P. BREATHE. BREATHE!! “Uh, neh, Choi Seunghyun sunbaenim~ I really do love this song. The whole album, actually.” I bow a little. Inhale. Exhale. There, that wasn’t so bad. You can survive, Hye Rim...WHO AM I KIDDING LOOK AT THAT SMIRK OHMYGOSH. BREATHE.
T.O.P: I can tell she’s a fan, it’s clear she’s panicking,
“Don’t worry, if you do have a heart attack the hospital is not far away,” I smile wider, and can tell she’s in clear shock.
Hye Rim: Is he....flirting with me? Even if it’s just to mess with my head, I don’t care...PLEASE MESS WITH MY MIND MORE.
T.O.P: “Well since we’re both performing on the show, and I’m up second, right after Se7en, who’s already out there now, and you seem to know every line of the song, how about you come on stage with me and we do it together? GD is on his way now as well, he will join us, or I hope so, he did have his hands full this morning, and traffic was awful on my way here, either way, if he doesn’t show, I’m sure it would be interesting to partner up with you for the song,” I smirk again as this sinks into her mind
Hye Rim: “Ah, Seunghyun-sunbaenim, you’re very funny~”
T.O.P: “Thank you for saying so but I’m truly serious, I’d like for you to perform along side me today, dongsaeng.”
Hye Rim: “Wha..? I couldn’t! I mean it’d be an honor but I just couldn’t! And what about choreography? I don’t know any.” CHOI SEUNGHYUN WANTS ME TO DO A SONG WITH HIM AND KWON JIYONG.....AHHH!
Key: By now I’m not really paying attention to Onew at all. Instead I’m looking at T.O.P and Hye Rim, I’m sure he’s flirting with her, given the look on her face, and I want to go over and stop it. I happen to glance at his shoes, and speak, “Ah, TOP, you’re going to trip with your laces untied.”
Hye Rim: Kibum oppa just made the lamest joke ever, in the presence of my idol...”Ah, Kibum oppa~ Don’t be mean! Kekeke isn’t he funny?” Play it off. Maybe Choi-sunbaenim will laugh?

T.O.P : I look at Kibum with a raised eyebrow and a smirk of some satisfaction, "Don't be jealous, dongsaeng," I laugh a little at his startled look.
Key: Jealous? "I'm not jealous..I’m looking out for her, you know, protecting her like a little sister."
T.O.P: "Of course you are, so Hye Rim, will you join me..." GD runs in, panting a bit,and smiling brightly, "Mianhae," he leans against the wall and laughs, pulling out a slip of paper, "i got..." he takes a breath, "I got caught speeding."
"..and GD on stage?" I finish, watching Jiyong slide to the floor, posing like he did in our Haru Haru video.
GD: I look over next to Seunghyun and see Key from SHINee and...that new Wonder Girl. She’s definitely cute, looks a little nervous though. And what’s this about her joining us on stage? I bow. “Annyeong~ You are...Woo Hye Rim, correct? I’m Kwon Jiyong.” I had hoped to put her at ease, but she looks like she may fall over.
Hye Rim: Omona...G-DRAGON. I may be T.O.P.-biased but I’m still stunned to be in the presence of yet another legend. Better say something... “Annyeong, Kwon-sunbaenim~” I reply as I bow.
GD: “You can call me Jiyong oppa, if you’d prefer. I don’t mind it” ^^
T.O.P: “You still haven’t answered me, Hye Rim,” I smile and pat her head once before looking at Jiyong, “While you were gone, I overheard her singing our song Bbeokigayo, and since we’re performing today and it seems, dongsaeng here knows the song by heart, I decided to allow her to join us onstage; it would be interesting and no doubt a special treat for the fans.”
GD: “That’s a great idea...Did you run it by the PD?”
T.O.P: “Well, not exactly, but you know as well as I do, that we can get away with just about anything, besides, I’m sure he’ll be fine with it, another reason to boost his ratings and viewers,” I smile as Se7en returns.
GD: “Very true, hyung. Ah, Se7en-hyung, great to see you! Good luck on your performance with Seunghyun-hyung~”
T.O.P: “Thank you, GD,” Se7en replies and with that we both head out onto the stage, ready to perform.
Key: I watch Jiyong as he moves to a sofa, pulling out his cell phone. Hye Rim was back to listening to her music, but was peeking onto the stage, watching the performance. I thought back to Seunghyun’s words. I wasn’t jealous. “Key,” Minho speaks, and I look over just in time to catch a bottle of water he tosses at me, thanking him I take a sip, and lean back into the sofa. For some reason I was actually nervous, no, tense...about the performance of course, but I’d never felt so anxious and impatient, I realized I tapped my foot. I sigh and look to Onew, “Can you explain everything...again, hyung?” I’d never had to ask that before...
Hye Rim: I'm left alone with GD sunbae now...GULP
GD: "So, Hye Rim, can you demonstrate your rapping ability for me? I'd like to see it in person."
Hye Rim: "Uh...sure." BREATHE. " Aju bbeokigayo, aju bbeok bbeok bbeok bbeok bbeokigayo~"
Key: Once Onew’s done explaining, I hear Hye Rim rapping, and look over once she’s done. That was really good...
GD: “Not bad, dongsaeng. I like your flow.” ^^
Hye Rim: G-DRAGON LIKES MY FLOW!! AHHHHH! “Uh, gomaweo, GD oppa~”
GD: “I see now why hyung wants you to perform with us. You can rap the chorus with us and I might let you do some of the verses with me so watch for my cues~”
T.O.P: With a last look to the stage I return to the back, and see GD and Hye Rim together, “So, dongsaeng, will you be joining us then?” She nods, “Great because we’re up next.”
Hye Rim: I’m a bit scared. But once I get on stage in my place it all melts away.
Key: I get up and walk over to look onstage, making sure I couldn’t be seen by the crowd. I hear T.O.P’s booming voice, followed by GD, and then he signals and there goes Hye Rim. She really is good. “What are you staring at?” Jonghyun approaches me and I nearly jump back, “Staring? Oh, I just wanted to see how large of a crowd we’ve got compared to them.” He looks at me skeptically, “Its M! Countdown, not a concert in the heart of a city.” I nod, “I know,” and move to sit down again.
Hye Rim: My heart pounds to the bassline, adrenaline rushing through me. This is the best feeling in the world. As GD raps the line "I'm so lonely~" he puts an arm around me and signals for me to finish the line. This is such a great feeling, rapping onstage with my idols!
T.O.P: I smile as Hye Rim finishes the song and the crowd screams, the performance ends and I take the mic from GD and speak, "Special thanks to dongsaeng, Wonder Girls’ Hye Rim!" We move backstage and I manage to give her a hug and speak, "You rap well, it makes me wonder how good you sing, and I'd certainly love to stay and watch your performance, but unfortunately I have a photo shoot to attend. I will be sure to catch the rerun," I notice Kibum watching me closely. "I don't leave the shoot until eight..how would you and your Wonder Girls like to join me for dinner tonight at the Miso cafe?" I smile while I say this.
Key: That little..."We're up," Onew speaks. As I pass T.O.P I glare at him, managing to bump my shoulder against him, but his smirk doesn't fade. I face the crowd, getting into position. Take a slow breath...the lights that slowly turn on reveal us and the crowd screams...Onew begins Lucifer, and I move along to the moves that I remember. Singing with my parts, "Her whisper is the Lucifer~". The rush is getting to me, and I manage to relax slightly, smile as the screams don’t stop, "Loverholic robotronic.." But once the song is up...I feel a little sick. I scan the room as I enter backstage, glad to see T.O.P gone. The Wonder Girls watch as I reenter and then I realize the other four are still onstage. Oh no..I walk back out. "Mianhae!" I call out to the fans on my mic and take a bow. Mistakes..even after Onew went over it twice...think of something cute to say..and looking up I clap my hands to my cheeks and feign shock, "My deepest apologies Shawols," and break out a few moves from SNSD’s Hoot, a smirk on my face. They scream a bit of course, and I am sure to get scolded by Onew and my manager but oh well, it doesn’t matter what is done is done; Mnet might even edit the rerun to exclude my mistake.
Hye Rim: I look at Key. “Oppa...What happened?”
Key: As I return backstage, Onew begins chiding me about my poor performance. "You stumbled on your part, and nearly smacked Jonghyun in the face...and just now, walking off like that!" I look up as Hye Rim asks what happened. "Just a few mistakes...It’s fine...good luck on your performance, dongsaeng," I give a small bow and walk out the door, before she can reply with anything, pulling my jacket's hood up and taking a walk to calm myself. Scolding my own idiotic self. "Babo.." I mutter, kicking a pebble and watching it bounce ahead. Had she even accepted his offer...? I’ll have to find a way to keep watch...Just to make sure he doesn't hurt her or anything...I should make a plan with Jo Kwon...perhaps even grab the 91 line, its been forever since we hung out.