Meeting

Ready Or Not?

Key: We all travel in our own rides following CL and her group until we reach the restaurant. We get out and head on in. A bell rings as we open the door and Taemin and Minho hold back a laugh as everyone of us ducks our head down to avoid detection at the same time, then realizing there's no threat, we stand straighter and laugh about it- a little embarrassed.
Hye Rim:  I laugh as all the SHINee boys straighten and realize it’s too late for fans to be following them. I start thinking about all the kinds of dukbokki and taking in the scent...
Key: The aroma of dukbokki  strikes me and I smile recalling how my grandmother used to make it when I was younger. We all order and sit at a table patiently, CL and Sandara start up a conversation with everyone and Onew and Jonghyun are the first to join in. As we wait for our meal a voice that's familiar calls out, "Appa!" and is held out for a little bit. All of us turn our heads to see Yoogeun sitting a few tables away and waving his tiny hand, an angelic smile on his face. "Yoogeun!" I practically run over to him, and scoop him up. His mother greets me and Minho, who comes up behind me. Jonghyun and Onew stay back recalling their bad luck on the show. I set him back down but he refuses to let go of my jacket and I smile. "Yoogeun wants to eat with Key appa?" I speak and he replies "Ye." "Is it alright...?" I ask his omoni and she nods. As I walk back to the table Minho tries to take him, "Don't hog him hyung!" I still don’t hand him over. By now our meals had arrived and I give Yoogeun a bite from my plate. I note Hye Rim watching and smile, "Say annyeong to noonas, Yoogeun." "Annyeong~" he mumbles. "I taught him his manners," I speak proudly. "Not just you!" Taemin and Jonghyun protest. I set him on my lap, "Did they teach you ‘annyeong’, Yoogeun?" he responds by giving them both a merong, and as their faces turn to gloom the rest of us laugh.
Hye Rim: Awwww. Key looks like he would make a great father~ Wait....Why did I just say that? Er, think it? 0_o
Key: I get an idea and pull out a piece of gum from my pocket. “Yoogeun, give this to the prettiest noona.” He takes it, his mouth forming a little ‘O’. I set him down, and he walks around the table and to Hye Rim. I smirk, proud of him as he looks up at her and holds out the piece.
Hye Rim: “For me?” I coo. Yoogeun is so cute~~ I honestly think somebody like Ye Eun or Bom unnie deserves it but he’s a little kid so I take it. “Thank you, Yoogeun-ah.”
Key: “Kamsahamnida~” Yoogeun replies and walks back to me with a large smile on his little face. Jonghyun takes him away from me though, and before Onew can do anything sets him on his lap. I laugh, recalling how timid he is with kids. We continue our meal in a better mood, passing Yoogeun around, his eyes stay on Hye Rim as we do so, and finding an excuse, I joke, “No, no Yoogeun, Hye Rim noona is mine,” and we all laugh lightly until his mother takes him away and leaves. The smile continues to stay on my face and as I look down to eat, I sneak a glance at Hye Rim as she eats. A relaxed mood has settled in, and it feels good compared to this morning’s incidents.