Two Friends

Ready Or Not?

Key: As soon as I get off the train I head over to a restaurant and get a to go order of yangnyeom tongdak, my stomach growled  with the smell as I hurried back to Kwon’s recording studio and take the elevator to the topmost floor. I climb up the last flight of steps and onto the rooftop, instantly taking in the cool air and Seoul skyline.  “Annyeong Kwon~” I smile.
Kwon: I see Kibum approach and I can smell something delicious....yangnyeom tongdak? Oh, I haven’t had that in ages! Only awesome friends buy you this kind of food. “Kibum! You have impeccable culinary taste,” I say in my best snobby old lady voice.
Key: “Ya! Shikkeureo~ I’m hungry too so don’t be a beast and scarf it all down,” I laugh sitting down next to him. I look down at the cars on the streets below, with their headlights on they look like fireflies.
Kwon: “Fine, fine. I’ll share...Since you’re MAKING me ;P”
Key:  “Yeah, yeah, here,” I hand him a box and I take one for myself, there’s only one dish of kimchi in the bag and that’s what we’re gonna have to share; knowing him, he’d steal it all since it's his favorite food; thank goodness he didn’t notice it yet.
Kwon: “Is that....KIMCHI?! KWON WANTS~~”
Key: Uh oh>> I put a hand on his forehead as he lunges forward, and end up pushing him back, and not allowing him any closer, “Eat your yangnyeom tongdak first Kwon~” I chide, realizing that I sounded like his mother. I laugh.
Kwon: “Okay, umma ;P”
Key: We both continue to eat, talking and  occasionally laughing, it felt good to do so, I hadn’t felt this at peace in forever. I look out at the neon skyline against the black sky, “Seoul is so beautiful at night...” I’m not sure if I just meant to compliment the city, or wanted some sort of deep conversation, which most likely wouldn’t happen with Kwon, “I mean, in Daegu, it was lit up at night...but something about Seoul just stands out. It’s unique..different. I don’t know what I’m trying to say...” I take a pause trying to collect my thoughts, staring at the sidewalk below us, at the few people walking around this late at night, “I guess I’m just afraid of SHINee disappearing...without the others, what do I have? Nothing. And then once everything's done and over, I can’t think of anything to do, doing performances and such is the only thing I can see...I can’t imagine being anything else.”
Kwon: “I get what you mean....Was there anything else you ever wanted to be? Maybe when you were younger?”
Key: “That’s what I mean, even when younger I only thought about Singing, Dancing, or Rapping, I can do all three which is why I got the nickname ‘Almighty Key’ but if I can’t sing or rap anymore, I’m left with just dance, and that won’t go anywhere. My father’s a stock broker, my mother a nurse...I’m not ashamed or unsure about my entertainment path, but...I don’t know...” I fall back onto the cement rooftop and look up at the sky,  “You can take the kimchi, I’m not that hungry anymore.”
Kwon: “Relax. The public loves you. They will for a long time. Even after our idol careers are over, we can start our own groups or companies, act, or host shows. And look at the Shinhwa members- they’re even reuniting. And Lee Hyori is a successful solo singer, but she started out with Fin.K.L. You have so many options. Don’t worry so much.”
Key: I take a breath, putting my hands behind my head, “Yeah...I guess...thanks Kwon.” I close my eyes, letting out a yawn. I didn’t want to go home just yet, not really wanting to deal with Onew...Eh, he’ll probably be asleep by now. After a moment of silence Kwon’s phone rings. “Don’t be late to practice,” I speak in a teasing voice, and smile.
Kwon: Ah geez. It’s Seulong~ “Yeoboseyo? Neh, I’m co-wait. How do you even know I’m out? You fell asleep two hours ago! Neh. Okay, fine. I’m coming.” I turn to Key. “Seulong says that our manager woke up for a glass of water and asked him where I was and he’s been telling the manager it was all a dream and that he should go back to sleep, so...I should go. XD”
Key: I turn to look at him as he explains his situation and burst out laughing, “You guys are just amazing always having fun, perhaps I should’ve joined you all, but I don’t think rapping fits well with ballads xD”
Kwon: “Hey now. Maybe not rap, but I Did Wrong is a great dance track!”

Key: “True,” I smile, getting up with him, “Guess you gotta go, I’m going to stay here a bit longer.”
Kwon: “Catch you later~ I’ll make sure to say nice things about you in front of Hye Rim ;P”
Key: “Do so but make it not babo things about me or I’ll get revenge,” I laugh.
Kwon: “Keke No promises~~ Bye~”
Key: “Annyeong~” I smile and wave and again look out at the dark night, lying down and staring at the black sky, I knew stars were there, the city lights just blocked them out. How would I deal with Onew and the manager tomorrow morning? I sigh and close my eyes, letting the cool air wash over me.