Just One

Ready Or Not?

Key: I walk into Miso Cafe, along with Mir, G.O, Woohyun, Jaejin, and Minho. Onew, Taemin, and Jonghyun had decided to get some sleep. I’d also invited Jo Kwon to join us.
We entered the cafe, laughing and telling jokes. G.O pulls out his phone and holds it out in front of us, ordering us to stop and smile. We laugh as we do and he snaps a pic for his me2day, with all of us posing.
We stand at the counter for a bit, debating what to get for dinner, and once we’ve all agreed to split the bill, order about half the menu, to which Mir comments, “I don’t think the tables here can hold that many plates”, and we all sit down, taking a window seat with a view of the busy street and neon lights outside. Looking across the room, I see Big Bang’s here, and the Wonder Girls are with them. Jo Kwon follows my gaze quickly, and whispers with a smirk, “So, which one is it?”
I look at him, “What do you mean?” I shake my head, “Shikkeureo.”
Jo Kwon: He is such a liar....He’s obviously preoccupied with a Wonder Girl...I’ll have some fun with him though....Haha! “Let me guess, Kibum....It’s Seungri, isn’t it?”
Key: My head snaps to face him, “What?! No! Why would you even guess that?” I believe I came out a little harsher...and louder...than expected because now my entire group looks at me curiously, and Minho’s got his eyebrow’s raised, “Is this about Hye-” “No it’s not!” I cut him off, “Look, we’re here for dinner right? Let’s just relax and enjoy ourselves, alright?”
Jo Kwon: It’s obviously a girl, because normally he would just punch my arm and laugh...”I was kidding.”
Key: “Oh, well..yeah, I knew that...” I smirk and fake punch Jo Kwon on the arm, masking my outburst, “So, how was every one's day?” I speak as some of our dishes arrive and I try my best to change the subject. Minho looks at me funny, but shrugs and takes his meal.
Kwon: “I’m gonna go to the bathroom, guys...I’ll be back.” On my way to the bathroom, I keep my gaze down, just in case a crazy fan is nearby. In doing so, I run smack into...
GD: Some guy bangs into me, because he’s not looking where he’s going. he looks up and says “Jwesonghamnida~” and then realizes that it’s me. “G-Dragon-hyung,” he says. “Long time no see! What’s up?”
Kwon: I make small talk with Jiyong and decide to bring him back to say “hi” to everyone at our table...*inner evil laugh*
Key: I look up as Jo Kwon returns and another shadow falls across the table. For a moment I panic and think it’s Hye Rim or someone like T.O.P, but it’s only Jiyong, I relax a little, I’ve no problem with him. “Annyeong, Jiyong-hyung,” I smile, but inside I curse, I should’ve known he’d do this...I’ll get him back later...The table greets him, and we make small talk for a while. I’m somewhat praying that the Wonder Girls don’t look over, or even T.O.P for that matter...If he comes over and messes with me again...I take a breath to let some of the frustrated anger out and manage to keep my smile.
GD: “So you guys are the 92 line right?”
Kwon: “91, hyung. Except for me~ I’m older than all of them ;P”
GD: “Ah, yes. That doesn’t explain your maturity level though~” I chuckle.
Kwon: “Yah, hyung, that wasn’t very nice! What about yours, Mister Mouse Costume?”
Key: “Mister Mouse Costume?” I look over at Jiyong surprised and a half smile on my face, “Well if it helps, I’ve got a jacket with Mickey Mouse on it, I guess we’re all children here, right, G.O, Mir?” I look over to see them both looking at Woohyun’s phone and giggling to themselves, they both look up sharply and their faces go a little pale as I speak their names and go, “Huh?”
T.O.P: I look over G.O's shoulder and chuckle, "That was quite an interesting moment in Jiyong's life I'm sure," Key looks up at me sharply, "Oh, Kibum, I didn't see you there, what brings you over to Miso Cafe tonight?" I smirk knowingly of course, glancing quickly in Hye Rim's general direction.
Key: I glare at him for a second before putting on a smile, I elbow Jo Kwon as he looks over at the Wonder Girls, trying to figure out who T.O.P looked at, "It’s been forever since the 91 line hung out, and I haven't seen Jo Kwon in weeks so I decided to get us together for dinner, Miso Cafe just happened to be the closest to all of us."
T.O.P: I nod vaguely, knowing it’s only partially true, I look back at our table, "Hye Rim dongsaeng, look who’s here," I smile and she comes over. I put a light arm around her, and in a teasing tone speak, "Did he follow you here, dongsaeng?"
Key: My face flushes, and I defensively speak back, " I did not! Now what will it take to allow me to enjoy a break and relax? Please, go enjoy your meal and leave me be, hyung." My tone comes out strong and harsh, but again I've spoken too loudly and a few people look over. I duck my face quickly to avoid being recognized.
T.O.P: Enjoy my meal? I smirk a bit, "Ha-ha I will enjoy it very much, don’t you worry, and my apologies. I wasn't aware you disliked me so strongly, dongsaeng."
Key: My face burns, "I-I didn’t mean that hyung..." but he and Hye Rim have already headed back. I look to GD, "Please tell him I'm sorry.." If word gets out about my poor manners with my hyung..Not to mention being from rival companies...I realize how strange of an evening this has become. "My apologies to everyone today," I bow my head as the other half of our food arrives.
GD: I turn to Kibum and smile. I think I know what’s going on here. “You know what? I think I understand. And don’t worry, I’ll deliver your message. Enjoy your food.”
Hye Rim: I really don’t understand what just happened. I’ll have to text Key-oppa afterward. Something must be up...
Key: I had swallowed my kimbap and now coughed, Jo Kwon thumped my back as I choked out, “You understand?” Wait, maybe it’s not what you’re thinking, maybe he means something else. I grab a napkin and wipe my mouth, watching him stand to walk back to his table.
GD: “Yes, I believe I do. Catch ya later~” I wink in such a way that melts fan girls’ hearts but only confuses Key, as I walk away. Heh.
Key: Um...what was that? I shake my head, “Annyeong,” I speak staring at my meal for a second before continuing to eat.
Jo Kwon: “So, come on, tell, which one is it?” I stare at him, hiding his face as if he can escape me, he knows he can’t.
Key: “No one, it’s honestly nothing.”
Jo Kwon: “Liar~” I put on a sad face.
Key: I kick him under the table and he winces, “Eat your food, it’s rude to talk while you’re eating.”
Jo Kwon: “Fine, Fiiiine. I still don’t believe you though.”
Key: The rest of the evening passes peacefully, and we all talk about normal things, like what movies we wanted to see, new dramas, a little about our day’s work. After sometime we stood to leave the cafe, Woohyun and Jaejin head home, leaving me, G.O, Mir, Minho, and Jo Kwon to walk around for a bit, we end up hanging around a children’s playground, hanging upside down from the monkey bars, and climbing the jungle gym, laughing as we recalled our childhood days. I honestly believe the sun shined brighter back then. Mir took a few pictures of us fooling around, I hung upside down on the monkey bars for one of them. Eventually we somehow got caught up in a game of tag until the park lights went out and we realized how late it’d gotten. Laughing, we went our separate ways with a warm goodbye. I began my walk home when my phone vibrated, I took it out and looked at the two texts, one from Onew, the other from Hye-Rim. I looked at Onew’s, ignoring Hye-Rim’s, not wanting to worry about her now, not after this pleasant evening.
‘Where are you?’ Onew had written. I answered back, ‘On my way home, ten minutes, walking.’
He replied back instantly, ‘Walking? You’ll be spotted.’ I glanced at the time at the top of the screen, ‘No, it’s too late for any one...any sane person, to be out. Sleep, I’ll unlock the door myself.’ He doesn’t reply so putting the phone in my back pocket, and zipping up the front of my jacket, I continue to walk, sticking my hands in the pockets to keep them warm from the night chill. It would be a little colder in  Daegu at this time of year. I take a breath, I’d told Jonghyun I’d take him home with me the next time I go, perhaps I’ll go early this year if SM will let me, we’re not doing much for the time being, and I kind of miss my halmeoni. Wonder if my room is still the same...I pass by a pub, it’s neon sign blinking open in red letters. I look inside, thinking for a moment if I could risk a drink, just one. I recall tomorrow’s schedule, nothing big planned I think. I reach for the door, “What are you doing, Key, it’s late, now is not the time for a drink,” Minho grips the hood of my jacket, lightly tugging at it, stopping me, and I realized I’d forgotten he was with me, he’d been so quiet. I turn to face him with a small smile, “You go on ahead, it’d be better if I’m the only one late. Just tell Onew something came up, don’t say anything more.” “I can’t lie to him, and he won’t approve of this, it’s wrong...if he asks where you are, what do I say? I don’t want to lie.” “Just do as I say, he won’t ask, alright? I’ll be back soon, annyeong.” I push open the door before he could stop me again, and the sounds of chatter and the clinking of glass strike me as I enter the dimly lit room,the door shutting softly behind me.
Hye Rim: When we return to our dorm, I text Kibum oppa. He seemed strange, and I intend to find out what’s up. I type, “Hey oppa, were you feeling well tonight? You didn’t seem like yourself. Hope you’re okay.” I press send, and stare at the screen, waiting for a reply. It’s only been five minutes, but it feels as though it’s been five hours...
Key: “Yah! Give me another one,” I slide the glass back across the counter, resting one arm on the counter, propping my head up. I pull out my phone looking at the screen. An unread text? I read it, “Hey oppa, were you feeling well tonight? You didn’t seem like yourself. Hope you’re okay.” Who sent this...Hye-Rim...I smile and then laugh aloud to myself, I send back a quick reply, “Must you ask? It was obvious.” and send it, setting the phone on the counter with a click and taking the glass that comes my way.
Hye-Rim: I get an answer about 30 minutes later. “Must you ask? It was obvious.” What the heck? That was kind of a jerkish reply, but I’m more curious as to what he means....”Oppa, what does that mean?”
Key: She replies, and I send back, “Did I look happy to you? Did you see a smile on my face?”
Hye Rim: What is his problem? "Oppa, what's wrong?" I hit send.
Key: Again a reply, "If I told you.." I don't finish typing, and stare at the screen...Imagining the look on her face, I'd look like a babo in front of her..I smile bitterly and type "Are you ready or not?" and hit send, realizing after it went that it made little sense..Unless she knew the song lyrics...We performed it in Tokyo's SM town awhile back..But was she willing to accept me..no of course not..How stupid of me..I send another message, "I'm fine, rest talk tomorrow maybe" I pause thinking and then add, "Good night" before pressing send and turning my phone off with a sigh and take a sip from my glass. I'll have one more...then head home.
Hye Rim: The reply reads “Are you ready or not?” What in the heck is he talking about? He’s not himself at all, and now I’m seriously concerned...Then I receive a message that seems kind of rushed, and another saying “Goodnight”. Too bad it won’t be one.
Key: I leave the pub. Walking home keeping my balance pretty well for a while, until I get sleepy. I yawn, willing myself to keep awake, but it’s another ten minute walk and I know I won't make it, plus Onew can’t catch me drunk...No forget Onew...oh crap..Our manager can’t catch me drunk!  I walk to the park I'd been at earlier and sit on the bench, I’ll return once I’m in good senses.
Hye Rim: I wonder what’s wrong with oppa...He’s worrying me...