Encounter

Ready Or Not?

Key: I stare over the heads of the fans, screaming and jumping, singing along with the song. I smile as their chanting grows louder, and take a step back as Jonghyun finishes the song with ‘Nal bojima.’
I bow along with the rest of the group and we say our thanks before turning to walk back stage, I let the others lead the way, stealing a final glance at the crowd before leaving their view, I don’t watch where I’m going and end up running into someone.
“Mianhae,” I speak instinctively.
Hye Rim: I feel a bump. I turn my head to face forward, when I see that it is Kim Kibum, a.k.a Key, from SHINee. I can feel my face going hot. I look like a stupid hoobae for sure. I bow and say, “Oh no, Kim Kibum-sunbaenim, it’s really all my fault. Jwesonghamnida~”
Key: I smile and answer, “Call me oppa,” she looks embarrassed so I add, “It’s my fault, I wasn’t looking. Again, Mianhae,” I give a small bow, and walk on.
Hye Rim: I am sooooo embarrassed. I just ran into Key. Err, he ran into me, but he’s my Sunbae, so it’s probably better to take the blame. He seems really nice though. Snap! It’s time to go on stage! Focus, Woo Hye Rim. Okay, pose and, the lights go down. The curtain comes up...


~after the performance~


Key: Minho tells a joke and we all laugh. Everyone who performed now relaxes backstage, talking and laughing. There’s a group of tables set up in line to create makeshift buffet table, and so far only one or two fans managed to get back here. We greet them openly, and manage to give them an autograph before the security escorts them out. I look across to where a few bands of JYP stand, talking nonstop and see the Wonder Girl member I’d run into. She’s looking my way and I smile and wave a hello in acknowledgment, “Why don’t you come over, dongsaeng, there’s no rule saying you have to stay on your half. We’re all friends here, are we not, and there’s nothing saying that different companies can’t interact with one another.”
Hye Rim: I walk over, mentally kicking myself still, but high off the adrenaline from our performance. I can see Yubin unnie and Ye Eun unnie whispering to each other, a smile on their faces. Oh gosh. I can’t turn back now, though. “Uh, neh...oppa?” This feels so weird. Ahhhhhh!

Key: Onew and Taemin look at me a little strangely, but I dismiss the looks they give, but now that she was here, I couldn’t think of anything to say, and it took me a second to realize my mouth was open. I closed it, then spoke, “So...when is your next concert? Or are you done for the year like we are?” It’s kind of a stupid question, but it was all my brain could come up with at the moment.
Hye Rim: I feel like the most awkward person in the world right now... “We are just performing on a few music shows, Oppa~ Nothing overly special. We would really appreciate your support though~ My gosh I just sounded like one of our fan message videos...>< *sigh*
Key: “Haha, support, you have that already-” Jonghyun cuts me off and speaks, “He’s a fan of yours,” and then clarifying, “I mean of Wonder Girls, dongsaeng.”
I elbow him in the stomach, my face heating slightly, “My apologies for his outburst,” I glare at him, and he grins proudly. I roll my eyes, and then Taemin speaks up, “Hyung is a big fan.”
“I’m sure our ‘diva’ knows a few of your dances as well,” Minho speaks. I’m spared by Onew’s silence, and mentally curse the other’s as my face I’m sure is red by now, “Excuse me, dongsaeng,” I move to get a drink of water from the table, more embarrassed than the time I tripped onstage and nearly gave away my haircut for the Lucifer album.
Hye Rim: I feel the heat returning to my face. Who knew Sunbaes paid attention to me? Then again, Wonder Girls had already had a following before I joined. It’s not all about you, Hye Rim. “Oh really? Thank you so much. I’m a fan of SHINee myself.” I make a small bow, trying not to overstep my bounds.
Key: “Oh really...?” I speak, stopping midway, I guess that was somewhat better, “Then I guess we’re both fans of one another,” I manage to smile and relax a little with this information.
Hye Rim: He seems nice, but this is getting very awkward. Unnies, save me! Like a godsend, Ye Eun unnie joins us and starts chatting up Onew sunbae. “Hi, Onew, how are you?” Onew blushes a little, but it’s no surprise to me, because I’ve always thought my unnies were gorgeous. Confident now that I know my girls have my back, I get a little braver among all these people that have a lot more experience than I do. “Neh, Kibum oppa. So I have to ask, does your dorm have really messy members? Because mine does.” Good, Hye Rim. Small talk. Small talk.
Key:  I laugh a little, getting a cup of water before returning, "Messy members? Onew won't even let a fly in. Though I'm probably the messy one, I tend to drop my stuff just about any where; just the other day I found Taemin's phone under my pillow, only to realize that it wasn't my pillow, but I'd fallen asleep on his bed." Onew smiles a little embarassed, but speaks, "I think Minho is worse. He gets so excited and is always in a rush, he leaves without fixing anything." Minho looks our way briefly, but he's talking to someone else and dismisses us. "Did you see the look he gave us just now?" Jonghyun speaks, "He's a diva in the making, spending so much time with Key, I think I should steal him from you," he smiles at me. I look at him, "No, he can't look as adorable as me, see," I put a hand on both of my cheeks and feign surprise, which has my members laughing.
Hye Rim: I laugh. Kibum oppa is most definitely a diva.
Key: I give a small bow.
Hye Rim: Ye Eun unnie turns her attention to Key, "we don't have too much scheduled this week, so we should all hang out!"
Key: “Of course,” I bow, and  Onew speaks, “Unfortunately, we’ll be busy all this week, we are to be on Mnet! Countdown twice and have a few other minor side projects so we won’t see each other until next week." Jonghyun adds, "It would be nice to hang out and relax after working so hard, I'm sure we all could use a break before leaving the spotlight.”
Hye Rim: “Oh, really? We’re on M!Countdown this week too! And that’s fine. Unnie, we don’t really have too much scheduled next week, do we?” Ye Eun unnie nodded, “I think so, we should check with our manager but that should be okay.” ^^