Extending GIF; requested by imperfectlyevil

Nerdy Studio

 

imperfectlyevil

Sorry it took me sooo long to do this, I wanted to make a basic tutorial of GIF first before going to intermediate GIF tutorials. :D 

-- cutterpillow


1. Open a new canvas. Obviously, (ideal size of canvas is 500 x 600)

2. Follow step 1 of this tutorial. 

3. Resize your screencaps that would fit the canvas. (If you change the size of  the screencaps, make sure it's the same as with the width of the canvas.)

3.1 Select all screencaps and drag it to your new canvas. 

4. Using the eyedropper tool (ctrl + I), select the color of your would be background. (Must be very close to the dominant color of your screencaps.) 

4.1 Add a new layer and fill it up by using the paint bucket tool. Drag the layer under all the images/screencaps. (This will be your background layer)

 

 

 

5.  Open your animation window and follow step 2 of this tutorial.   

- The background layer will eventually pop out at the animation frame, but delete it. 
- Select all frame and on the layer, tick the background layer to make it visible on all animation frame.
 

6. Here's the tricky part, you have to delete some parts of the screencaps, one by one, frame by layer (oh the horror, imagine, if you have 100 frames! @_@) Why? So that it would match the background layer and for aesthetic purposes. Here the difference if you do not follow this step. Focus on the "lights" below the word Juliette. 

 

Note: The GIFS are different, because I made 2 different canvas and I reverse the animation of the other one. 

6. 1. To delete, go to your PS tool and select Rectangular Marquee Tool (Ctrl + M). Set the feather to your own setting. For me, I used 20px.

Go to animation frame # 1. On the visible image layer, create a selection

6.2 Press delete until your satistified. Do this for the rest of your animation frame and image layers. 

7. Press play and save your GIF. 

8. Optionals:

- Animation time. (Mine is 0.0s)
- Putting text, psds and textures in the image layers. (Take note: if you want to add these, always go to the first animation/image frame in the animation pane.)

FOOTNOTE: Tutorials and resources are free, but an UPVOTE would be nice. Thanks :)