II. Give it my all.

Call You When The Party's Over (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy halloween!!!

 

 

They stop in front of the house and Minjeong raises a brow when she sees three cars outside of their house.

 

Karina parks the car and escorts Minjeong back into the house, and Minjeong runs upstairs in the opposite direction in the hallway where her parents are located.

 

Karina follows Minjeong and finds Johnny and Mark standing outside.

 

“Mum?” Minjeong calls out. 

“Darling, come inside!” The Queen responds.

 

Minjeong enters the huge room and reveals a team of stylists and make-up artists working around her parents.

 

“What’s going on? What kind of get-together is this?” Minjeong blinks.

“It’s a celebration, dear!” Her dad says and Minjeong smiles wryly.

“Now come on, I want you to try on some dresses.” Her mum pulls her into the room and shuts the door.

 

Karina turns to Johnny and Mark, and they bow to her in respect.

 

“How were the King and Queen?” Karina asks.

 

Johnny and Mark share a look before turning back to Karina.

 

“Royal.” Mark deadpans and Karina snorts.

“How about her highness?” Johnny asks.

“She was nice.” Karina shrugs. 

“That’s all you’re going to give us?” Mark says. 

“What do you want me to say?” Karina shrugs.

“Something juicy, maybe?” Johnny says. “She’s been the talk of the town for ages. Everyone wants to know a piece of the princess.”

Well, it’s only been a day. And also, out and be professional.” Karina scolds them.

“But we should be able to have fun sometimes.” Mark whines. “We’re going to be at this job 24/7.”

“ it up.” Karina pats Mark on the shoulder. 

“Mean.” Johnny nudges her.

 

Karina’s prepared to shove him back but the door opens and the three of them straighten up quickly.

 

“You three, inside as well.” The Queen greets them.

“U—us?” Mark’s voice cracks.

“Yes, dearies.” The Queen pulls them in and Minjeong stifles a laugh when the three bodyguards flounder in the royal majesty’s room. 

 

“Karina, dear, would you like a dress?” The Queen asks and Karina’s ears burn red.

“I—I’m afraid not, your majesty.” Karina bows slightly. “It would be slightly impractical for me to wear a dress.”

“How about a suit?” Minjeong suggests and Karina raises her brows.

“A suit?” Karina blinks.

“Perfect! You can get fitted with Mark and Johnny.” The King says, pulling Karina to the side with his stylists, along with her subordinates.

 

The team of the King’s stylists quickly measures the bodyguards and they stand stiffly, unfamiliar with this kind of predicament, while Minjeong watches with amusement.

 

Minjeong returns to her room and the bodyguards are helplessly subjected to pampering for the next hour.

 

When Karina is finished and returns to Minjeong’s post, the Princess’ door is ajar and Karina hears a faint humming of a sweet song coming from the girl. She smiles softly before standing outside the door, back straight and arms by her side.

 

“Stupid– ugh!” 

 

Karina hears a crash in the princess’ room and without knocking, she immediately barges in, hand ready at her hilt to use her weapons if needed.

 

“Your highness? Are you alright?” Karina surveys the room and doesn’t immediately spot the princess.

“I’m fine!” Minjeong’s head pops up into view from the other side of the bed. She stands up with a shoe in her hand as her flash flushes from the embarrassing fall. “Um, I just—I was trying on my heels. Lost balance.”

 

Karina tries to stifle a laugh as she smiles softly, nodding as she watches Minjeong squirm with embarrassment.

 

“I’m glad you’re not in any danger.” Karina smiles.

“I’m pretty sure trying on platform heels counts as danger.” Minjeong snorts.

“You haven’t sprained any ankles, have you?” Karina asks to make sure.

“Nope!” Minjeong jumps from her spot and moves over to Karina to show off her perfectly working feet. “Just dying of embarrassment, that’s all.”

“Well, I’ll leave you to it, your highness.” Karina bows slightly. “Alert me when you are ready so I can you.”

“Will do.” Minjeong nods.

 

Just as Karina turns to exit the princess’ room, Minjeong calls her back.

 

“Hey, Karina?”

“Yes, your highness?” Karina responds.

“You look pretty handsome in the suit.” Minjeong tells her with a small smile.

“Thank you.” Karina smiles. “You look beautiful in your dress as well.”

 

Karina turns out of the room and she hears a faint and shy ‘thank you’ from Minjeong. She chuckles lightly. 

 


When it’s time for the gathering, different crowned people, past and present, make their home in the House of Kim. There’s classical music, catering and fancy dressed up people. Karina can't believe Royalty still does these kinds of events even past their prime, but today must be important if there’s this many people attending.

 

Johnny had been stationed upstairs on lookout, Mark was surveying the outdoor perimeter of the mansion, and Karina had taken it upon herself to remain inside the building, closest to the partygoers. They had called for reinforcement as well, due to the number of people attending. Numerous security guards stay posted at all entrances and exits.

 

As Karina stands by the royal family she’s guarding, she keeps watch on Minjeong, who seems bored out of her mind. The princess has been bowing, curtsying and greeting just about everyone in the room. Karina understands it since it is the princess’ duty, but she finds it all to be so dreary.

 

She’s glad she’s only a highly trained guard and not a princess. God knows if she discovers she’s secretly a princess in hiding.


 

Karina stands off near one of the back walls and slowly, before she can take notice of it, Minjeong gravitates towards her until she’s leaning against the wall behind Karina.

 

“This is Prince Jaemin’s re-coronation.” Minjeong leans over and tells her.

“Your highness, why are you not with the guests?” Karina ignores her gossip information.

“If I have to greet one more person and their entire lineage, I will gouge my eyes out and cause a scene, which you will be responsible for.” Minjeong says it menacingly. “Now listen to me and pretend you’re my friend.”
“Yes, your highness.” Karina clears , adding a slight awkwardness to the conversation. 

 

“A—and what do you mean by re-coronation?”

“You see, we royals get crowned as children because we’re direct heirs, but Jaemin went somewhere abroad for a bunch of years of his life.” Minjeong details.

“And why is he back?”

“Rumour has it, he’s been institutionalised at a mental hospital for over ten years, and he’s being let out on good behaviour and good regulation.” Minjeong says.

“Institutionalised?” Karina raises a curious brow.

“I like to be sensitive about these topics, but he’s a total nutjob.” Minjeong grumbles. “When we were young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter