VII. Princess' safety

Call You When The Party's Over (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Troubles incominggggg

 

 

Karina spends most of her time at university and to be honest, she’s learning alongside Minjeong. When Minjeong dozes off, she doesn’t chastise the princess, since, aside from school work, Karina knows Minjeong has to attend royal duties as well and that keeps her busy most nights. Especially since she found out that the business trip her parents went on with the house of Na. She was a bit angry at being put in the dark, but they had told her it was to re-discuss the engagement and that was enough to settle Minjeong’s mind.

 

So when Minjeong’s head lolls and gently leans against Karina’s shoulder, Karina makes sure to copy down notes for the princess.

 

She’d have to admit that she’s gotten better at being comfortable with how much physical touch comes from the younger girl. She does stiffen up; however, she eases into it and knows not to move in case Minjeong stirs awake or is shifted into an uncomfortable position.

 

Minjeong does stir awake and tells Karina she needs the bathroom.

 

“I need to go with you, Minjeong.” Karina takes precautions.

“I’ll be quick and write down whatever the professor says, please." Minjeong beams at her and Karina relents.

“I’ll search for you if you don’t return before class ends.”

“Okay, I’ll be back.”

 

Minjeong slips out of the lecture hall through the back door and Karina diligently listens to the professor’s discussion on biochemistry.


 

The class ends and no sight of Minjeong’s return has alerted Karina’s senses.

 

She chooses to remain calm since it’s slightly unlikely something bad would have happened to Minjeong in those ten minutes, but Karina still worries.

 

Her phone buzzes in her pocket and she sighs in relief.

 

> Jaehyun found me and asked if I could help him load his car with his equipment since he’s teaching kids sports !!

> I’ll be in the gymnasium, dw about me. It crosses with the parking lot!


 

Karina smiles softly at the princess’ unusual way of texting.

 

< okay.


 

Karina makes her way to the gym, trying her best to remember the ways that Minjeong showed her, but she hadn’t been down the corridor to the gymnasium yet, so she pauses and is slightly confused. 

 

She doesn’t really want to ask anyone, so she locates the wall with the map pinned to it and traces the way with her finger.

 

Once she knows the way, she heads over to the gymnasium.

 

She stops halfway when her phone starts ringing.

 

She sees that it’s Minjeong and picks it up immediately.

 

“Princess?”

“I–I’m not really sure, but thanks for the offer, Sunbae." Karina hears Minjeong’s muffled voice and she can pinpoint a tone of wariness.

“Minjeong?” Karina tries again.

“Just get in the car, Minjeong. You can hang out with the kids too.” Karina hears Jaehyun’s unmistakable voice.

“ I can’t; I have to go home. My friend is waiting for me.”

“You leave me no choice.”

“W–wait! Stop–”

 

The call cuts off and Karina breaks out into a sprint.

 

She races down to the gymnasium and bursts open the doors and she sees Minjeong being restrained by Jaehyun and another man as she’s being pulled out to the parking lot.

 

“Hey!” Karina shouts and Jaehyun’s eyes lock with hers before he’s running off.

 

Karina runs and finds Minjeong’s phone on the ground. She picks it up before pocketing it and running out.

 

Minjeong is thrown into a car with tape over and she tries with all her might to trash and scream as the ropes holding her burn her legs and wrists.

 

“Quit it!” A different voice grumbles.

 

Their car begins to drive off and Karina turns the ignition on her car before following the speeding car.

 

She holds a hand over her earpiece and tries to communicate with Johnny and Mark. 

 

“Mark, Johnny—any of you!” Karina calls through her earpiece.

 

The car with Minjeong speeds down the road without caution for other vehicles and Karina weaves through the roads swiftly, trying her best to follow.

 

Karina sides up against the car, seeing as they’re travelling down a narrow road.

 

“You’re fast; I’ll give you that!” Jaehyun rolls down his window and chuckles.

“I’ll kill you; stop the car and hand over the princess!” Karina shouts.

“Catch up and I’ll think about it!”

 

The car speeds off again and Karina curses before stepping on the gas.

 

“Mark, Johnny—hello?!” Karina calls through her earpiece.

“Yes?” Mark's voice fizzes through.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter