III. At rest.

Call You When The Party's Over (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome backkkkk, hope y'all haven't forgotten about dis TT

--

 

“I take back whatever nice words I’ve said to you." Minjeong pouts, arms crossed over her chest.

 

Karina watches her, an amused smile displayed on her face.

 

“It’s protocol.”

“But it’s school! It’s like my sanctuary; I don’t want you following me around every day.”

“School and sanctuary, what a lovely combination.” Karina smirks and Minjeong rolls her eyes.

“I’m being serious right now.”
“So am I.” Karina mimics her, crossing her arms over her chest. “I care about your safety and I told you I’d give it my all to keep you safe.”

 

Minjeong sighs, not liking how she suddenly feels like a spoiled princess.


“Fine.”

“Alright–”

“But you have to walk three paces behind me at all times and not look suspicious.”
“I can work with that. Now get in the car.”

 

The car ride isn’t long and Karina doesn’t have to suffer Minjeong’s pouty expression any longer.

 

“Okay, you listen to every word I’m about to say,” Minjeong instructs Karina.

“I thought I was meant to walk three paces behind you.”
“Well, I’m telling you things now so you don’t have to raid the place to look for me later.” She huffs.

“I wouldn’t need to raid the place.” Karina smirks and Minjeong blinks.

“Do you have a tracking device on me? Did you chip me?"
“Of course not.” Karina snorts. “And I’m not telling you. Who knows if you decide to run away one day?"

“Well, I won’t. Anyway, I’ll ask about that another day." Minjeong rolls her eyes before pulling Karina along, avoiding people around them.

 

Karina spots the princess’ friends.

 

“Your friends are there.”
“Oh!”

 

Minjeong drags her along happily.

 

“Hi, oh my gosh, you’re attending uni too?” Aeri beams and Karina nods.

“I have to ensure her highness’ safety at all times.” Karina answers. 

“Haha, you have a babysitter, Minjeong!” Ningning teases and Minjeong grumbles.

“I don’t need one! Whatever, let’s get to class.”

 

Minjeong drags Karina away to a class and pulls the girl to sit down right next to her. 

 

The lecture hall begins to fill in and Karina makes sure to eye everyone out. Minjeong nudges her and Karina blinks.

 

“Yes, your highness?”
“Quit staring at everyone. You’re scaring them…”
“I thought your status as the princess should scare them off already, no?”

“I’m friendly!” Minjeong huffs quietly and Karina smiles.

“I apologise, your highness.”
“It’s just Minjeong, just Minjeong at school.”
“Yes, just Minjeong.” 

 

Minjeong grumbles and Karina grins.

 

Karina hadn’t realised she loosened so much around the crown princess already. It’s foreign yet comfortable and Karina suspects it’s because they’re close in age. 

 

When the lecture is over, Minjeong is dragging Karina out by the sleeve of her jacket and Karina follows along helplessly, albeit confused as well.

 

“I thought I was meant to walk three paces behind you.” Karina points this out when Minjeong pulls her down to a cafeteria table.

“You are, but it’s your first day. I don’t want you to get lost.” Minjeong says, looking away as she spots Aeri and Ningning, ushering them towards them.

“I assure you, I wouldn’t.”

“It’s better to be safe than sorry.”

 

Karina smiles.


 

When they’ve finished walking through the halls as Minjeong leads to get Karina familiar with the layout of the place, Karina isn’t at all paying attention to wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter