XI. Jimin.

Call You When The Party's Over (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys... 😙... lowkey getting inconsistent bc I'm going to be studying again real soon 😩 since break is over soon

if i take a break, i promise to come back with better work <333

Aftermath of a drunken kiss and Karina--or Jimin, has a way with words. 

 

Karina’s standing outside of Minjeong’s room after the fiasco of last night, where Minjeong roped her into attending a dress-up party with her, and then Minjeong got incredibly drunk, which led to Karina practically babysitting the whole night.

 

However, peace and quiet are disrupted when the door swings open a little before twelve p.m.

 

“Good morning, your—”

 

Karina’s eyes widen when she’s pulled into Minjeong’s room and the door shuts soundly. Minjeong pushes her down onto her bed and straddles Karina’s lap. She grabs onto Karina’s shoulders and pulls her close until they’re face-to-face.

 

“Don’t lie to me, Yu Karina—look me in my goddamn eyes!” Minjeong’s eyes are twitching and Karina’s slightly terrified.

“I’m looking!” Karina’s voice shakes, her eyes wide open as she looks at Minjeong.

“Did I or did I not kiss you last night?” Minjeong asks slowly and Karina’s eyes widen tenfold.

“Uh—”

 

Minjeong looks away for a second before whining.

 

“Your ears are red; I totally did!” Minjeong pulls her hands away from Karina’s shoulders and covers her face in embarrassment. 

 

Karina grabs onto Minjeong’s hips out of instinct—not wanting the girl to fall—but then she realises what kind of position they’re in and she grows embarrassed alongside Minjeong as well.

 

“What else did I do?” Minjeong drops her hands into her lap. “Be honest.”
“Um, you dapped up Johnny and Mark and I had to drag you into your room and, you know, y-you kissed me.” Karina looks away. “But nothing else, if you’re worried!”

"Oh, thank god.” Minjeong sags against Karina’s body and Karina stiffens.

“Uh, your highness?” Karina really needs Minjeong to get off her before her entire face turns red.

“It wasn’t a bad kiss, right?” Minjeong asks.

“N–no?” Karina looks away, her eyes closed tightly.

 

“Wait—you didn’t kiss me back.” Minjeong frowns. “Am I not attractive?”

“You were drunk.” Karina blinks.

“So you didn’t want to take advantage of me?” Minjeong asks, scoffing lightly. “Everything you do just makes me want to kiss you more.”

“W–what?” Karina blushes.

“I just want to preface that the kiss wasn’t a mistake.” Minjeong shrugs. “Yes, I was drunk, but you’re attractive and the alcohol only gave me liquid courage, if anything.”

“So, it also gives you liquid courage to dap Johnny and Mark up?” Karina questions.

“Don’t mention that to me!” Minjeong whines and Karina smiles, despite how ridiculous this situation is.

 

“Why are you so worked up about the kiss?” Karina says. “It’s okay; it was a mistake.” 

“It…” Minjeong looks away, her fingers toying at the fabric of Karina’s shirt at her shoulder. “It wasn't a mistake.”

“What?” Karina frowns. “Your highness, I’m not following."

“I wanted you to be my first kiss.” Minjeong says shyly and Karina’s eyes widen.

“Princess, I would really like it if you’d move off of me.” Karina says and Minjeong blinks at her.

“Sorry—right!” Minjeong hops off and Karina clears , straightening up.

“You’re telling me I was your first kiss?” Karina points to herself and Minjeong nods.

 

Karina paces around the room, deep in thought, as she tries to remedy this pickle she’s gotten herself in.

 

“It’s not like I had free will to go around and kiss someone.” Minjeong shrugs, growing anxious as she watches Karina pace. “I was busy doing royal things and studying. I can’t just go kiss whoever I want. I’m the crown princess for god’s sake.”
“But you could kiss me?” Karina blinks.

“Well… I was drunk and you know, mistletoe.” Minjeong smiles sheepishly and Karina sighs frustratedly.

“You know what? This never happened.” Karina decides. “I was never your first kiss and you should never bring it up. You are to wed Prince Jaemin.”

 

Minjeong’s face falls and Karina’s face hardens.

 

“I will excuse myself now, your highness.” Karina bows and exits the room.

 

Minjeong blows her bangs up from her forehead with frustration.

 

Karina stalks all the way over to where Johnny and Mark are guarding the majesties room.

 

“Swap with me," Karina says.

“What?” Johnny and Mark startle at Karina’s sudden appearance.

“One of you swap with me. I don’t care who.” Karina gestures with her hand impatiently. “Hurry.”

“Um, okay—I’ll go.” Mark walks to Minjeong’s room and Karina huffs, her ears burning red as she leans on the wall beside Johnny.

“Don’t look at me. I’m not answering any questions.” Karina says this with her eyes closed.

“Sorry.” Johnny clears his throat, looking away.

 

I was Minjeong’s first kiss.

 

The crown princess kissed Karina.

 

Karina feels as if she’s in deep waters now and she can’t risk her job.


Even if she does think Minjeong is attractive as well.



 

───※  ♕  ※───



 

Minjeong thinks her life should just end at this point. Mark had to accompany her for the rest of the day and she spent a lot of time sighing every now and then, which made Mark side-eye her questionably.

 

“Y-your highness?” Mark’s voice cracks as she watches the girl poke at a bowl of yoghurt on the outdoor dining table. “Is something bothering you?”
“Nothing.” Minjeong shakes her head, and just a bit too aggressively, she stabs a strawberry in the bowl with her spoon. “Nothing. At. All,” She grits her teeth.

“R-right.” Mark nods, wanting to escape.

 

Minjeong’s leg bounces against the ground as she thinks deeply. Was she reading things wrong? She was so sure Karina was being a little more than friendly to her, but maybe she was actually reading things wrong. Minjeong huffs. Maybe Karina doesn’t know how to handle having friends who are girls, because she did say she only grew up with boys, but that doesn’t make sense—she has a sister. But she was away from family for a long time because of training, so that accounts for that.

 

What if Minjeong was giving Karina too many signals and jumped her before she could process anything and she practically ruined their friendship completely?

 

She lets out a scream of frustration, pushing back her chair and Mark stumbles forward, flinching at the way Minjeong burst.

 

“Your highness?” Mark stutters.

“I’m very sorry you had to witness that.” Minjeong blushes. “I–I’m just frustrated.”

“O-okay, your highness. Is there, um, anything I could help you with? To let you be less frustrated?” Mark questions.

“Accompany me to see my friends?” Minjeong asks.

“I’ll have to ask Karina.” Mark says. “I’m not usually meant to guard you, so I want to make sure that—”
“Don’t tell her. She trusts you enough to guard me, right?” Minjeong halts him. “It’s just my friends; Karina’s met them.” 

“A-alright then.” Mark nods.

 

Mark and Minjeong leave the house quietly and he drives her to Aeri’s house, where Ningning is there too.

 

“You can wait inside if you want.” Minjeong tells him.

“I’ll wait in the car, your highness.” Mark bows.

“You sure?” Minjeong asks and Mark nods. “Okay. Suit yourself.”

 

Minjeong enters Aeri’s house with a spare key and finds the house empty, which means she doesn’t have to greet Aeri’s parents. She kicks off her shoes, runs upstairs and bursts into Aeri’s room, where Ningning is sitting on the floor with study materials.


“Ew, you guys are studying on break?” Minjeong grimaces. 

“Gotta get around to doing something,” Aeri chuckles, sitting up from her bed. “What are you doing here?"
“I need to tell you guys something.” Minjeong shifts nervously on her feet.

“Finally!” Ningning throws her materials away and stands up, taking a seat on the bed.

"Were you pretending to study the whole time?” Aeri asks her, unimpressed.

“I was actually doodling, but whatever,” Ningning beams. “Kim Minjeong, sit your down and speak!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter