VI. A sketch

Call You When The Party's Over (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

some remaining fluff before the big stuff happens !!

 

 

It’s a slight shock for Karina when she wakes up.

 

She’s treading unfamiliar land and pressure eats away at her body.

 

She’s just woken up in the princess’ room and Minjeong is lying directly on her with her arm over her midriff, her leg strewn across Karina’s body and her little face nuzzles into Karina’s neck.

 

She doesn’t exactly remember how they ended up like this. Karina isn’t a deep sleeper, so she would’ve awoken if Minjeong shifted towards her during the night, so this sight she’s awoken to confuses her.

 

She doesn’t really know how to disentangle herself from this situation, but it seems like she doesn’t need to when the princess awakens with a shriek.

 

“Ow.” Karina lands on the floor with a gentle thud as she braces herself to the floor.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” Minjeong apologises frantically.

“It’s fine,” Karina grimaces, shaking her head as she gets up.

“So, sorry! I—I didn’t mean to end up on your side; I mean, I started on the right and then I ended up on you—”

“Minjeong.” Karina chuckles. “Relax. You’re probably just not used to sleeping beside someone in your own bed.”

“Right, right.” Minjeong blushes and looks away. “Um, I’m going to get ready for class.”

 

Karina returns to her designated room to freshen up. She smiles to herself, and the image of Minjeong’s eyes comically round and mouth agape with her hair tousled like a small Maltese puppy before Karina was shoved off the bed replays in her mind.

 

It was a cute sight, endearing even.



 

They sit at the dinner table and Minjeong makes Johnny, Mark and Karina sit with her since her parents are away. She lets the staff have their breakfast as well and Minjeong finds conversation with Mark and Johnny, whom she hasn’t interacted with much.

 

“Don’t you guys ever get bored?” Minjeong asks as she spoons yoghurt into .

“Well, not really. I’m only fortunate to be on duty with Johnny.” Mark answers, relishing in his meal.

“Karina, do you get bored?” Minjeong turns to her.

 

Karina smiles softly and for a second, Minjeong is dazed by the foolish looking crooked grin on her guard’s face.


“How can I when you’re like a small child?” Karina snorts, reaching over with a napkin to wipe at the yoghurt at the corner of Minjeong’s lip.

“You’re so annoying!”






 

“Your highness? Will you keep avoiding my eyes?” Karina teases once they’ve settled in Karina’s car.

“Please stop; I’m still embarrassed.” 

"Well, it’s not everyday you wake up being cuddled by the Crown Princess.”

“Shut up.”

“My apologies.” Karina snickers.

 

Karina stays true to her word, walking three paces behind Minjeong and only sitting beside her during a lecture. During break, Karina follows Ningning and Aeri to a café where they share drinks, and Karina tastes popping pearls for the first time. She thinks they’re too sweet, but if it makes the princess happy, then it’s okay to waste money on it.

 

“Can I finish your drink too?” Minjeong asks, her eyes blinking like those of a curious child.

“Sure.” Karina slides her drink to the left for Minjeong, who immediately goes to attack the pearls with her straw.

 

Karina swallows at the fact that Minjeong didn’t seem bothered by sharing the same straw, practically swapping spit. Karina blushes—she doesn’t know why, but she’s been getting these random bouts of hot flashes occasionally around the princess. She isn’t sick; she can deduce that much but everything she’s feeling is a bit strange.

 

She’s never felt like this around any of the guys she’s trained with since she was younger and even now, she thinks it might just have to do with her bodyguard nature and the fact that Minjeong is the nation’s crown princess. Minjeong isn’t defenceless, but her stature makes Karina think so.

 

She isn’t some burly man or a celebrity. Minjeong is a young woman with her life ahead of her and dreams she wants to achieve. She’s been alone most of her life due to busy parents and Karina relates to her.

 

She made a promise to stay by the princess’ side for as long as she could. She intends to keep it and protect Minjeong from all harm.


 

───※  ♕  ※───


 

For the majority of Minjeong’s parents be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter