IV. Best day with you

Call You When The Party's Over (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They hang out !

-

 

The door swings open just as Karina walks down the hallway to Minjeong’s room.

 

“Good morning, your highness.” Karina bows and Minjeong smiles shyly. 

“Morning…Hey, did you—uh, tuck me into bed last night?” Minjeong blushes when she asks and Karina nods nonchalantly.

“I did. I apologise if I overstepped, but you had fallen asleep at your desk and I didn’t want you to sleep uncomfortably.” 

“Oh, um, you don’t have to apologise. And thank you; you practically saved me from a bad neck.”

“You’re welcome; it was my pleasure.” Karina beams and Minjeong smiles.

“Should we head to breakfast now and you can tell me your plans for today on the way?”

“Yes, we should.” Minjeong smiles.


 

“You’re not heading out today?” Karina asks Minjeong as they descend down the stairs.

“I don’t have any plans; I was just planning on staying inside to study and probably online shop.” Minjeong tells her.

“Sounds riveting.” Karina chuckles and Minjeong rolls her eyes playfully.

“I know, right?”

“It is a lovely day outside, though. You might want to spend the day outside.” Karina tells her.

“Hm, I’ll think about it. I don’t want to hole you in here either, so I’ll think of something, but first I need to eat.” 

“Of course, your highness.”


 

Minjeong sits at the long table with a plateful of breakfast as her parents sit on the other end. The breakfast commences in silence and the bodyguards stand a few metres away, watching the silence and also feeling awkward.

 

“Karina?” Minjeong calls for her and she startles slightly, walking up to Minjeong.

 

She bends down and sides up against her.

 

“Yes, your highness?”

“Have you three had breakfast yet?” Minjeong sks and Karina blinks, taken off guard by the sudden caring inquiry.

“O-of course. We had it earlier in the kitchen; thank you for asking, your highness.” 

"I just wanted to make sure. Can’t have you on an empty stomach, keeping me safe.” Minjeong smiles softly and Karina nods, moving back to her spot.

 

“Minjeong.” The king calls for her and she sighs, putting down her utensils.

“Yes?” 

“We should discuss the matter with your betrothment. We cannot keep the Na’s waiting as well as you. You’re growing up, Minjeong.”

“Just because you guys got married young doesn’t mean I have to. And it’s arranged; that’s like the first worst thing about this.” Minjeong says calmly.

"We were fortunate to have fallen in love with each other, Minjeong.” The queen says, “If you accept Prince Jaemin, you can cultivate that kind of love with each other.”
“Except I am not fond of Jaemin.” Minjeong sighs. “I know nothing of him; I am not comfortable with him and I will not marry unless it is out of my own doing. That is final.”

 

The room grows cold with silence and Karina swallows steadily.

 

“I would like that you reject the proposal until further notice." Minjeong stands up, pushing her chair out. “I will excuse myself.”

“Minjeong—”

“Karina, follow me.”

 

Karina bows before falling in step behind Minjeong as the girl heads to her room.

 

Karina stands outside dutifully.

 

Minjeog collapses onto her bed and screams directly into her pillow.

 

The door opens seconds later and Minjeong is smiling at Karina, who is blinking like a frog.

 

“Let’s go out!”

“Right now?”
“Yes!”


 

Karina opens the passenger car door and helps the princess into her vehicle before getting into the driver’s seat.

 

“Your highness?” Karina starts off slightly unsure.

“Yes?” Minjeong turns to her.
“You’re okay, right?” Karina asks.

“Of course. I just don’t want to be in the house any longer and it is a nice day outside, so we should spend it well, as you said.” 

“Okay.”

“I’ll tell you the directions.”

 

They drive for a while until they stop at a large area with grassfields, parks, small shops and a fair at the far end.

 

“How do you know about this place?” Karina asks as she steps out of the car. Minjeong pulls a large bucket hat over her head.

“I skipped class with Ningning and Aeri one time and we just drove wherever.” Minjeong tells her.

“It’s a nice area.” Karina says.

“I know, it’s super nice! Let’s head to the park to people-watch!” Minjeong grabs Karina by the hand and begins running off.

“Your highness!”

 

They settle on a bench and Minjeong watches the parkgoers wistfully.

 

“Is this something you like to do usually?” Karina asks.

“Mhm. It’s interesting how many different lives there are that I’m not living.” Minjeong details.

 

Karina nods, fascinated by Minjeong’s outlook on the world.

 

“That…that is interesting to think about.” Karina hums.

“I know, right?" 

 

Karina chuckles at Minjeong’s enthusiasm.


 

Minjeong turns to her after people-watching for a while.

 

“Do you have a phone?” Minjeong asks and Karina smiles.

“I do. I use it to track you.”
“Great—wait, what?”

 

Karina smiles innocently and Minjeong blinks.

 

“So you track my phone using your phone?”

“Not exactly.”

“I feel like you should tell me where the tracking device is or else I’ll go crazy looking for it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter