VIII. Massage

Call You When The Party's Over (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I also drew a cover for my fic !! it's based on the cover of the manhwa, couple of mirrors :)

 

frisky hands lol

 

 

Minjeong spends a bit of time in the shower, washing herself and mostly staring at the blank tiled wall of the shower in deep thought.

 

She had been so terrified in the moment that Jaehyun persisted and wanted her to go with him. When he took a step forward, Minjeong’s blood ran cold and an uncomfortable feeling settled within her arteries.

 

She was quick enough to press Karina’s number on the speed dial since she set it like that when she first obtained the guard’s phone number. She just hadn’t realised how soon she would need to use it.

 

She’s just glad Karina reached her in time.

 

She smiles slightly.

 

Despite having a failed attempt at being kidnapped, Minjeong was able to see Karina in action firsthand today, other than the time she tackled Eric. From what Minjeong could observe, Karina’s punches were fast and strong, although her kicks were stronger since she had more brute force with her legs.

 

Minjeong steps out of the shower and chuckles to herself.

 

For someone who is so strong and brutal, Karina—at times, she is gentle and clumsy like a newborn deer.



 

───※  ♕  ※───



 

Karina walks slowly and deliberately, as she still feels the ache in her abdomen from the attack earlier. The adrenaline has worn off and now she feels like literal death. She had washed up and almost wanted to fall asleep in the shower because of how tired she was.

She stands post outside Minjeong’s room and in a weak breath.

 

The door opens and Minjeong’s head pops out. She’s out of her clothes from earlier and in pyjamas.

 

“Hey, you’re back.” Minjeong smiles and Karina nods softly.

“Yeah. Are you feeling okay?” Karina asks Minjeong and she nods.

“Better, now that I’m home.” Minjeong answers. “And thanks to you.”

“It is my duty.” Karina smiles.

 

Minjeong hasn’t retreated to bed yet, staring into Karina’s eyes as she debates whether she should act out or not.

 

“What’s wrong?” Karina asks and she startles when Minjeong launches herself at Karina, wrapping her arms tightly around her.

 

Karina in a groan of pain and holds back when Minjeong embraces her.

 

“I’m really glad you’re protecting me.” Minjeong says candidly and Karina feels the ache tenfold, but her ears still grow red at Minjeong’s affectionate tone.

“O-of course.” Karina winces.

 

Minjeong pulls back.

 

“What was that?” Minjeong asks, and Karina blinks.

“What was what?” Karina plays dumb.

“You just winced in pain.” Minjeong frowns and Karina shakes her head.

“I-I didn’t. You just caught me off guard.” Karina lies.

 

Minjeong steps closer and Karina is backed against the wall as the Crown Princess narrows her eyes.

 

“Your ears are red, you’re stuttering and you’ve got that crease in your brows.” Minjeong huffs slightly, exhaling against Karina’s mouth. “You’re lying.”

“Fine.” Karina caves and Minjeong steps away happily. “I’m just a bit winded. It’s not a big deal.”

“Then you’ll take off your shirt and show me if it’s not a big deal, right?” Minjeong raises a brow and Karina’s heart stutters in her chest.

“W-what?” Karina blinks.

 

Minjeong rolls her eyes and pulls Karina into her room. Karina, too dumbfounded, follows Minjeong blindly.

 

She closes the door and turns back to Karina.

 

“Shirt off.” Minjeong says and Karina doesn’t move. “Now.”

“Do I have to?” Karina stalls.

“Yes. It’s a royal order.” Minjeong raises her chin defiantly.

 

Karina sighs, unbuckles her holster harness and throws it aside on Minjeong’s bed. She holds onto the hem of her shirt and begins to lift it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter