I. Meet-cute

Call You When The Party's Over (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I hereby announce that you have retired.” The King bellows and reaches over to shake the head guard's, Yu’s, hand.

“Thank you for allowing me to serve you all this time.” Mr. Yu grins, and the wrinkles in his eyes crinkle with delight.

“I hear you have handpicked the new guards from the barracks for us.” The queen questions.

“Yes, your majesty.” He nods and gestures with his head for the group behind him to step forward.

“This is my daughter, Karina, the new head of the guards.” He introduces.

 

The crown princess sits on her small throne chair beside her parents thrones as the other two stand to greet their guests. Her fingers were tapping against the armrests of her chair, wondering when she could leave and go back to her room to study or hang out with her university friends instead.

 

Karina steps forward, her long jet black hair and pin straight hair resting against her back, her shoulders broad, and her face hardened. Her boots are heavy and laced up tightly, and she wears a black fitting shirt with shoulder holsters for carrying disarming weapons. She has a baton in her belt holster as well, and she wears loose cargo pants.

 

Minjeong smirks to herself, wondering where their old head guard and parents found such young people who look like they came out of cheesy spy movies.

 

“These are Mark and Johnny, her subordinates she chose.” He says, and the two boys step forward.

 

“Pleasure to be of your use.” Karina bows deeply, and the two boys behind her follow.

“I hear you three are close to my daughter’s age.” The queen says.

“Yes, your majesty.” Karina answers.

“Then I hope all three of you get along well.” The queen smiles, and Karina smiles slightly, bowing again.

 

The King turns to Minjeong and beckons her over, but Minjeong doesn’t budge.

 

“Minjeong, darling.” He sighs, and Minjeong reluctantly stands, adjusting her cardigan over her shoulders and straightening out her maxi dress. 

 

She bows in front of them, and they do too.

 

“Yu Karina, it is a pleasure to be acquainted.” Karina bows. “This is Mark and Johnny.”

“Pleasure. Crown Princess, Kim Minjeong.” Minjeong answers with a polite smile.

 

Minjeong and Karina stare into each other’s eyes—an active tension or newfound friendship is forming between them right under their noses.

 

They can’t tell what this entails, for this is just the beginning of their lives.


 

───※  ♕  ※───

 
 

“Mark and Johnny have been stationed outside of your majesties rooms and have been mandated to accompany you wherever, unless stated otherwise.” Karina tells the King and Queen.

“You will be with Minjeong?” The Queen asks.

“Yes. I assigned myself to the Crown Princess, assuming she may be more comfortable with a woman around.” Karina answers.

“I am much more comfortable with that as well.” The king nods. “Very well.”

“Why don’t you see what Minjeong’s up to?” The Queen suggests “She might want to go hang out with her friends.”

“Yes, your majesty.” Karina bows before turning on her heel to head to Minjeong’s room.

 

Karina makes her way upstairs when she bumps into Minjeong, who is exiting her room with the same outfit but with a bag and different shoes.

 

“Are you headed out, your highness?” Karina asks and Minjeong nods as she scrolls on her phone.

“You can just call me Minjeong, y’know. We’re close in age, I’m assuming.” Minjeong looks up and Karina smiles politely.

“I’d rather not, your highness.” Karina declines. “You’re a crown princess and I’m just your bodyguard.”

“Try it.” Minjeong turns off her phone and crosses her arm over her chest as she stares down at Karina, a few steps below her. “Say ‘Kim Minjeong’.”

“Your highness.” Karina replies and Minjeong frowns.

“Min-jeong.” Minjeong shows her teeth as she enunciates her name.

“Your high-ness.” Karina smiles.

“Worth a try.” Minjeong sighs. “Anyways, you drive, right?”

“I do.” Karina nods.

“Will you take me to meet my friends?”

“As you wish.” Karina nods and moves aside as Minjeong trots down the stairs.

 

Karina clicks on her car keys and a big black car beeps in response. Minjeong’s eyes widen when she sees the car Karina is walking to.

 

“A Mercedes Benz?” Minjeong questions.

“S-class. Does it not fit your taste?” Karina asks, opening the passenger door for Minjeong.

“No, no. I was just imagining a spy van that you’ll make me sit in the back of, where all your tech is.” Minjeong says it teasingly. “Not a luxury car.”

“I think you’ve watched one too many films, your highness.” Karina chuckles and Minjeong shrugs as she buckles her belt. “I quite like expensive cars.”

 

Minjeong fiddles with the radio channels as Karina buckles her own belt.

 

“Where to?” Karina asks, starting up the car.

 

Minjeong leans forward and punches a location on the car map. The car ride isn’t too long and Karina parks in front of a café joint as Minjeong unbuckles her belt.

 

“Thanks for dropping me off.” Minjeong says as she prepares to open the door.

“Dropping you off?” Karina chuckles. “Your highness, I’m afraid my arrangements are different from what m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter