Ikawalong Piyesa

Lagom.: SaKaLa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

I was woken up by the sudden ticklish feeling of something snuggling onto me.

 

It was Alistaire.

 

She had her face hiding on the crook of my neck with her hand holding my arm to wrap it around her body. Sometimes I pause to ask myself if this is really that very masungit na engineer, as her workmates like to address her, and the woman who always looks like she’s about to hit someone whenever we’re outside—it’s really just her resting face.

 

I teased by removing my arm and she just whined, completed with that frown that sat on her face despite her eyes being closed.

 

“Love naman…” She spoke, pouting a bit before opening one eye and draping my arm around her again. She’s really clingy kapag it’s just the two of us.

 

“I’ll get up na.” I replied, hugging her closer until she decided that my chest would be a better pillow than her own.

 

“I’ll get up na talaga po, baby ko.” I spoke once again but instead of a proper answer, I just felt her arm snaking around my waist accompanied by her leg wrapping around my thighs.

 

“Maya na.”

 

“I have a meeting po before afternoon.” As if on cue, she removed her body off of mine and turned to the other side of the bed. I smiled as I watched her sneakily snatch my pillow once I fully got off of the mattress.

 

“I’ll cook your breakfast and make your coffee na po ha? I need to review for a bit pa po kasi.” I walked to her side of the bed and planted a kiss on her forehead before heading towards the bathroom.

 

I received a call kanina from Dad that he managed to get everything back to normal na daw. My accounts are still frozen though, but Alistaire’s savings are back and even her last salary na she was supposed to be getting next week pa. I’ll tell her na lang later siguro when she wakes up.

 

I peeked sa bedroom after finishing everything and setting up my workspace for my meeting, and Alistaire is still asleep. She has occupied the whole bed and my pillows are everywhere! She keeps on grabbing one kasi when she turns so it’s all over the place!

 

I have almost half an hour pa naman so I entered our shared bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed before taking a photo of her sleeping face.

 

“Love…” I ran outside after making sure to wake her up with the camera flash. It’s one of those epic shots that I have of her after surprising her with a sudden photoshoot.

 

“Love, delete mo ‘yan!” I laughed loudly as I heard her voice a lot nearer.

 

“No!” I smiled as she walked to me with her half-closed eyes, chasing me around the living room.

 

“Ipo-post mo ‘yan sa IG mo ulit ‘no?” She asked as she cornered me near the couch.

 

“Maybe? Or maybe I’ll change my iPad’s wallpaper lang.” I replied, letting her forehead touch my shoulder as she rested her head there.

 

“Akala ko may meeting ka?” I hugged her close. This big baby of mine is very clingy, and I love every single moment!

 

“I do have one po, but I still have fifteen minutes pa naman.” I can’t believe we spent almost fifteen minutes chasing each other around!

 

“Dito muna ako ha?”

 

We ended up sitting on the couch, or ako lang because she chose to lie down and use my lap as her pillow. She timed it for ten minutes kasi she’d take her morning bath na raw after that.

 

“Love pala, Dad fixed it na. Your savings is back and even your salary.”

 

“Talaga?” She sounded excited upon the mention of it, and I couldn’t help but smile at her reaction.

 

“Yes po…” I placed my hands on her cheeks, sandwiching her face which made it more fluffy-looking than it already was.

 

“Kaso sarado bangko, Sunday. Hindi ako makakakuha ng new ATM card.” She frowned at the immediate realization.

 

“We have eggs pa naman sa fridge, we’ll live ‘til tomorrow.” I replied, assuring her.

 

“Thank you.” She smiled at me, a bit more disappointed than her usual one.

 

“Why disappointed ang baby ko?” She sat up and leaned on my shoulder instead, looking at the timer on her phone.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter