Ika-anim na Piyesa

Lagom.: SaKaLa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I settled myself on the floor after finishing up my readings for today. I think it’s enough na, and I should just wait for Alistaire to come back na lang, so for that I’ll probably scroll through Netflix na lang or Disney+ I guess, to see if there’s anything interesting that we can watch later.

 

Or maybe I should cook something?

 

Right, I should cook dinner!

 

I didn’t cook veggies kagabi kasi she requested some pork kaya I will cook some tonight. It has been years but she’s still so stubborn when it comes to eating veggies, what’s not to like ba!? It’s good kaya, nutritious pa!

 

But anyways, I haven’t told Alistaire pa pala. I saw her Mom yesterday but she didn’t see me naman though I doubt she knows my face? I have never met her face-to-face, or even through video calls or what. Alistaire said it wasn’t necessary, and to be honest, I was a bit tampo because of it but after what happened, I guess it is really not necessary na.

 

They don’t contact Alistaire din naman, or baka she wasn’t telling me lang?

 

Though I think na it’s better that they have no connection or contact, for my Alistaire’s peace na rin. She was in a really bad state when she first arrived sa condo. It wasn’t a pleasant scene to see.

 

I can’t afford to see her breaking down from time to time, just because of some people who don't appreciate her.

 

She fulfilled their wish to graduate with a degree in engineering despite her losing the passion a long time ago. And now, they want to tell her who to love and that’s a bit too much—no, that’s too much na talaga! You can’t just go around and tell people who to love or what gender they should be!

 

“Galit na galit ka yata d’yan sa carrots?” I almost dropped the knife in surprise.

 

“Nakauwi na po ako.” She placed a bag of McDo on the table and greeted me with a smile.

 

“You just arrived?” She shook her head and pointed at her clothes.

 

“Nakapagpalit na ako po, tulala ka kanina sa hinihiwa mong carrots kaya ‘di mo yata ako napansin.” She claimed and sat across me.

 

“How was work?” I asked, looking at her eyes. Her eyebags are getting darker each day. And I couldn’t help but notice it.

 

“Wala namang bago, puro semento pa rin.” She chuckled lightly but I could sense tiredness from her voice.

 

“Nag-meeting kami kanina sa company, nakapagsabi naman na ako na tatapusin ko na lang ‘tong project na ‘to pero gusto pa rin nila akong bigyan ng isa pa.” I carefully listened to her story while I finished my cooking.

 

“Did you accept it ba?”

 

“Syempre hindi, nag-start na rin naman ako maghanap ng malilipatan. May mga nago-offer sa’kin ng mas mataas na sahod pero naghahanap pa rin ako, baka meron naman magbibigay ng 20K man lang.” She replied.

 

She took the responsibility sa pag-buy ng groceries namin, and even wanted the electricity pati water bill but I said na I can handle those naman. Actually, I don’t need her to gastos a penny nga but she insisted on doing so kasi nakakahiya naman daw. Though I never obliged her to, she still wanted to give daw. Sometimes she gives me cash din if I forget to withdraw, and I always reject it but she gives me that sad look, and I cannot resist it!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter